Bob Headed to Palin Protest in Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You assume that I'm not prepared to deal with a hidden predator.

No ... what I assume is that a silent and hidden predator is more of a danger than the one who has made it known he is there to harm you.

DocJohnson

No ... what I assume is that a silent and hidden predator is more of a danger than the one who has made it known he is there to harm you.

So, given the choice between a clear and present danger and an unknown one, I'm supposed to ignore the one in front of me and go after the unknown one?

Sorry, I'm not suicidal.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, given the choice between a clear and present danger and an unknown one, I'm supposed to ignore the one in front of me and go after the unknown one?

Sorry, I'm not suicidal.

:plain:

That is not what I said. Why is that you are able to only comprehend that one type of threat can be dealt with?

I don't just leave my windows unlocked because I figure that my front door is locked and secure.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
So, you don't support parental notification initiatives either?

You ask this question in a manner that seems to indicate that you do support parental notification.

I really don't understand this. How can someone claim to be pro-life yet support a measure that says "You can kill your baby after you get your parent's permission."?

As Bob Enyart has stated several times...

Anything that ends in "And then you can kill the baby" is pro-choice.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
One thing that I believe that Bob and American Right to Life has done an excellent job in doing is showing that even if Roe v. Wade is overturned, the laws that have been put in place by the pro-life community (or that have been put in place to appease the pro-life community) will still keep abortion legal (such as the parental notification initiatives).

DocJohnson

You ask this question in a manner that seems to indicate that you do support parental notification.

I really don't understand this. How can someone claim to be pro-life yet support a measure that says "You can kill your baby after you get your parent's permission."?

As Bob Enyart has stated several times...

Anything that ends in "And then you can kill the baby" is pro-choice.

Apparently Bob's unaware that it's currently legal to kill babies.

I support any measure which would limit that ability. The fact that Bob doesn't is disturbing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I support any measure which would limit that ability. The fact that Bob doesn't is disturbing.

the fact that you don't know how to go about limiting that ability disturbs me

DocJohnson

One thing that I believe that Bob and American Right to Life has done an excellent job in doing is showing that even if Roe v. Wade is overturned, the laws that have been put in place by the pro-life community (or that have been put in place to appease the pro-life community) will still keep abortion legal (such as the parental notification initiatives).

Parental notification laws are not focused strictly on abortion. They refer to any medical treatment and can include other activities such as body modifications, tattoos, marriage, and educational curricula. By all means, these provisions should continue after abortion is made illegal, and abortion should not be the sole purpose of these measures being passed.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Actually doesn't it just say you only have to tell your parents? Notification is not getting permission. And if all you have to do is tell them, well...

Limit or end? What do you choose?

And, by the way, can you tell me how many babies have not been killed because of such laws?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Parental notification laws are not focused strictly on abortion. They refer to any medical treatment and can include other activities such as body modifications, tattoos, marriage, and educational curricula. By all means, these provisions should continue after abortion is made illegal, and abortion should not be the sole purpose of these measures being passed.
Psst...:listen:...those laws were in place before abortion.

DocJohnson

Are you really that stupid? Parents have had to consent to medical procedures for their underage children since before abortion was legal.

Prior to Roe vs. Wade, it was widely accepted practice, although it was never law because it was never an issue.

The U.S. Supreme Court declared parental consent unconstitutional in the 1976 Planned Parenthood of Central Missouri v. Danforth decision. The fight for parental rights has been ongoing ever since.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Prior to Roe vs. Wade, it was widely accepted practice, although it was never law because it was never an issue.

The U.S. Supreme Court declared parental consent unconstitutional in the 1976 Planned Parenthood of Central Missouri v. Danforth decision. The fight for parental rights has been ongoing ever since.
Well, no one ever accused SCotUS of being smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.