Bob Enyart Hangs Stephen Hawking Out to Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Eyed Jack

Joe Roberts said:
I still listen to him from time to time, but it’s the stuff like mocking Stephen Hawking that I don’t like.

That doesn't answer my question, Joe. What's changed?

It’s one thing to use satire to make a point, but when you use someone’s disability against them, that’s just wrong & evil.

I don't recall Bob doing anything like that. Are you saying we can't criticize dumb ideas if they come from someone with disabilities? That's what it sounds like to me.

rehcjam

Jefferson said:
Because of his illegal actions, his partner is dead. Therefore he is responsible. It's the same principle in a case of robbery. If the police accidentally or even purposefully need to destroy some property in order to apprehend a fleeing criminal, that criminal should have to pay the damages because those damages would have never occurred if he had not committed that crime in the first place. Therefore he is responsible for all damages, even the one's he did not personally commit.

I agree with that on the surface, as I have already stated, although the issue that I brought up has not been addressed. I am glad that you know that abortion is murder but I am perplexed that you do not seem to understand this very simple premise, that there were no damages, a murder was not committed.

Vern Reed

BANNED
Banned
One Eyed Jack said:

Ah, leave the fella alone! He doesn't have to like that Enyart chap just because he's famous on this forum. :cool:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
rehcjam said:
I am perplexed that you do not seem to understand this very simple premise, that there were no damages, a murder was not committed.
But there were damages; the death of his partner. Who should pay the penalty for that death? Not the police. They were obeying the law. So who should pay?

One Eyed Jack

Vern Reed said:
Ah, leave the fella alone! He doesn't have to like that Enyart chap just because he's famous on this forum. :cool:

Then he shouldn't call him up and act like he likes him, and then talk trash about him behind his back. That ain't right.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
One Eyed Jack said:

I don't recall Bob doing anything like that. Are you saying we can't criticize dumb ideas if they come from someone with disabilities? That's what it sounds like to me.

I just didn’t like the Stephan Hawking bit he did. That’s the only thing I have against Bob Enyart.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
One Eyed Jack said:
Then he shouldn't call him up and act like he likes him, and then talk trash about him behind his back. That ain't right.

I don't feel like I'm trash talking nor am I talking behind bob Enyart's back, this is an open forum he can respond if he likes.

I still have to say if it wasn’t for Bob, and the plot I would not have found my why back to Jesus.

GuySmiley

Joe Roberts said:
"Hawking: Bob sets the record straight: last week's spoof of an interview with Stephen Hawking was a joke!"

Well looks like I was right about Bob Enyart.

I always thought lying was a sin.

:down:
Statistics prove that gullible people get lied to 10 times more frequently than non-gullible people.

rehcjam

Jefferson said:
But there were damages; the death of his partner. Who should pay the penalty for that death? Not the police. They were obeying the law. So who should pay?
Are you joking?

No one! There weren't any damages! Why don't you get that?
If I kill someone in self defense, noone gets the DP. There was no wrong committed in that action.
Com'on, gimme a break, this is a very small and basic point.

fool

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
What was pathetic? What wasn't smart about Bob's joke? Do you mean that Bob should have known that some listeners wouldn't get the joke?
A strawman that includes a fake famous voice is a bigger strawman than yer reguler strawman.
But that wouldn't have been as fun.
It's not about fun all the time.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
fool said:
A strawman that includes a fake famous voice is a bigger strawman than yer reguler strawman.

It's not about fun all the time.

fool, seriously man, admit it was a good joke! At least in hindsight, you can consider how bad the odds are of getting Stephen Hawkings as a guest on BEL, and you must know that Bob wouldn't squander that opportunity just to make the point he did by supposedly keeping him on hold till he hung up? You might have to admit he "got you" but was it really believable in the first place?

It was classic BEL humor.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
rehcjam said:
If I kill someone in self defense, noone gets the DP.
If the person you killed had a partner in crime that helped plan his invasion of your home, then that person should get the death penalty for being involved in a crime that resulted in someone's death.

rehcjam

Jefferson said:
If the person you killed had a partner in crime that helped plan his invasion of your home, then that person should get the death penalty for being involved in a crime that resulted in someone's death.
Ya right. Because why? You say so?
You have no basis to make that argument. Com'on dude.

One Eyed Jack

If someone is killed during the commission of a felony, those involved are responsible for his death. That's the law (at least in most states).

Most states also have a felony murder statute. Under the felony murder doctrine, a person who attempts or commits a specified felony may be held responsible for a death caused by an accomplice in the commission of the felony, an attempt to commit the felony, or flight from the felony or attempted felony. For example, if two persons rob a bank and during the robbery one of them shoots and kills a security guard, the perpetrator who did not pull the trigger may nevertheless be charged with murder.

http://www.answers.com/topic/murder

fool

Hall of Fame
Vaquero45 said:
fool, seriously man, admit it was a good joke! At least in hindsight, you can consider how bad the odds are of getting Stephen Hawkings as a guest on BEL, and you must know that Bob wouldn't squander that opportunity just to make the point he did by supposedly keeping him on hold till he hung up? You might have to admit he "got you" but was it really believable in the first place?

It was classic BEL humor.
It was lame, if he had an imaginary conversation with me I'd be pissed.
I valued the time I had with Bob because I felt it was honest. I had a question and Bob walked with me down the paths that it led too. I honestly had no idea that my question had been asked thousands of years ago and had a name and everything, "somedudes'dilema".
I listened to that show and I was disappointed that Bob had gone Maury Povich like that.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
fool said:
It was lame, if he had an imaginary conversation with me I'd be pissed.
I valued the time I had with Bob because I felt it was honest. I had a question and Bob walked with me down the paths that it led too. I honestly had no idea that my question had been asked thousands of years ago and had a name and everything, "somedudes'dilema".
I listened to that show and I was disappointed that Bob had gone Maury Povich like that.

Maury Povich has never done anything that lame. I'm glad I'll not alone Fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.