Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart Hangs Stephen Hawking Out to Freeze

Tuesday June 13th, 2006. This is show #117.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Dr. Hawking, ...do you really think, because of global warming, where they fear that the temperature on Earth may have increased 1 degree in the last 30 years and you want us to go to Mars where it's 150 degrees below zero? Or you want us to go to the moon where it's 230 degrees above zero during the day? To get away from global warming? I mean, that just strikes me as absurd. Why is it that atheist scientists can be inane and get away with it and the media doesn't say anything? They just nod and say, "Ohhh." Why is that?
Summary:
* Bob interviews a surprise guest, and gets hung up on.
* Move On, er... uh, Move Over Al Gore. Atheist astrophysicist Stephen Hawking is the latest liberal End-of-the-World doomsday prophet, suggesting that mankind colonize the Moon or Mars to avoid annihilation from global warming, evidently forgetting that the Moon's daytime temperature is over 200 degrees (107 C) and that neither location has oxygen! The Sun is Earth's source of global warming, and since Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below zero! So say good-bye to global warming (and oxygen), and say hello to survival of the species (but get that perambulator warmed up).
* Mike from Aurora CO points out the hypocrisy of atheist scientists who claim that mankind is insignificant.
* John from Denver wonders why Hawking overlooked Antarctica and Greenland as more logical safe havens against global warming.
* Thankfully, Indiana prosecutors have charged the driver of a getaway car with murder because police gunned down his partner during a robbery!
* When the rules break, the people break. Thus, police accused a Colorado woman of locking her grandson in a dog kennel during the day for three years while she went to work. BEL recommended punishment: execution for kidnapping.
* Because mothers who murder their children do not face execution, America experiences an epidemic of moms killing their kids, like this Miami woman who murdered her baby girl and wounded her 3-year-old daughter.
Today's Resource: With any order (such as Bob's best-selling manuscript, The Plot) you can request a copy of BEL's Over-Population pamphlet that will equip you to rebut liberals (including Forrest the atheist who is yet to call in for that debate he's promised)! Order online or at 800-836-9278!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hawking is a good debater though a bit wordy. Much of what he said seemed insignificant. I would have to say Bob was victorious in this debate. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Okay, I have to just point out this is ludicrous in the extreme. Thank you.:cheers:

allsmiles

yeah, i have to say that Hawking's idea doesn't make very much sense to me.

also, was Hawking even on the show?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hawking was a bit rude for just hanging up. But I guess that really doesn’t matter...

Ash1

Bizarre

Bizarre

If Hawking was really on the show, Bob should have talked with him a little (an actual conversation) before slamming him. That's what makes me think it was just some voice software dressed up to sound like what Hawking uses.

sentientsynth

That's what makes me think it was just some voice software dressed up to sound like what Hawking uses.
And look at how the show's titled, and the summary notes about the un-named "special guest." Careful lawyer-speak.

(I get the joke though. Classic Bob.)

:chew: ,:cheers:,and :) to you, Bob, for on the morrow we all shall :dead:.

Granite

Hall of Fame
HE WASN'T ON THE SHOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?

(Clears throat.)

Again, this entire thread is silly. Somebody gimme a drink. It's five o'clock somewhere...:cheers:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
HE WASN'T ON THE SHOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?

(Clears throat.)

Again, this entire thread is silly. Somebody gimme a drink. It's five o'clock somewhere...:cheers:
Of coarse not , but as radio bits go, it was kind of fun!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ash1 said:
If Hawking was really on the show, Bob should have talked with him a little (an actual conversation) before slamming him. That's what makes me think it was just some voice software dressed up to sound like what Hawking uses.
That's right. Bob has mentioned on the show several times that he owns the same software that Hawking uses.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joe Roberts said:
One of the main things I look for in a pastor is if she is someone I would want my kinds looking up to. After listening to this show, I’ve come to the conclusion that I do not want my children looking up to Bob Enyart.

1) If it was really Dr. Stephan Hawkings on the phone, I think it’s despicable that he was not even aloud to introduce himself. I would have hung up if someone talked to me like that.

2) I’m positive that it was not Stephen Hawkings, he generally does not do radio interviews. His speech synthesizer only allows him to speak about 5 sentences a minute. Most of the time when he lectures he has what he wants to say preprogrammed.

Because Bob Enyart does have the ability to synthesize Stephan Hawkins voice, does that mean it’s ok to do so. What if I had the ability to synthesize Bob Enyarts voice and used it to make him look foolish. Would that be the right thing to do, I think not.

Lighten up, Francis.

JoyfulRook

Joe Roberts said:
Because Bob Enyart does have the ability to synthesize Stephan Hawkins voice, does that mean it’s ok to do so. What if I had the ability to synthesize Bob Enyarts voice and used it to make him look foolish. Would that be the right thing to do, I think not.
How did Bob use the voice to make Hawking look foolish? Hawking made himself look foolish when he wrote the article on moving to the moon or mars.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why does this make me think of Hawking's "cameo" on Family Guy?

"Yeah...you suck...I rule...bring your woman to my place if she wants some real BOOM-shackalacka-BOOM-shackalacka..."

Army of One

Granite said:
Why does this make me think of Hawking's "cameo" on Family Guy?

"Yeah...you suck...I rule...bring your woman to my place if she wants some real BOOM-shackalacka-BOOM-shackalacka..."
I liked his "cameo" on the Simpsons. He and Homer go to the bar, and when Moe asks who's paying:

Homer [using robotic voice]: I-AM
Hawking: Hey, I didn't say that
Homer [robotic voice]: YES-I-DID

:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.