Between 1 in 6 and 1 in 7 people will be close to starving in US by end of year

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
narumi-sokichi-quotes-by-mahatma-gandhi-1452577.jpg

Its history is this - like France and Germany and Russia, England spent the last century in sacrificing its best and brightest, its bravest and most promising young man. The generation that lives in those countries today are the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar. They bear the genetic material of the failures of their society.
Given that Christ, the Disciples and early Christians denounced violence and war, characterizing those who would follow his example as "the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar" in a Christian Forum reflects just how far His teachings have been subverted in the name of religion in the 21st C!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Given that Christ, the Disciples and early Christians denounced violence and war, characterizing those who would follow his example as "the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar" in a Christian Forum reflects just how far His teachings have been subverted in the name of religion in the 21st C!

Given that you're neither a Christian nor an American, :mock: jg

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

We can no longer allow folks to follow others around the forum mocking them and disrupting their threads. If you don't like the topic of a thread or do not like the person who started the thread ignore it! Move on to something you are interested in. Please be careful if you are teasing or having fun with another member because if we mistake that for mean-spirited mocking you will get an infraction and possibly a TOL ban.
- Knight, March 2019

-
mean-spirited mocking you will get an infraction and possibly a TOL ban.

Given that the new owners of TOL have yet to produce an updated code of ethics, one can only assume that the old ones are still in effect!

"Stalking" another member and passing judgement as to whether they are/are not a Christian are obvious violations of the code of conduct - the only question is why the Moderators have refused to enforce them for certain members!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
We can no longer allow folks to follow others around the forum mocking them and disrupting their threads. If you don't like the topic of a thread or do not like the person who started the thread ignore it! Move on to something you are interested in. Please be careful if you are teasing or having fun with another member because if we mistake that for mean-spirited mocking you will get an infraction and possibly a TOL ban.
- Knight, March 2019

post on topic or get reported, retard

:mock:jg

The use of words like "retard" and "moron" on TOL

April 3, 2020, 10:46 AM
There are several members of this forum who regularly use words like the above to insult and denigrate other people on this forum with whom they disagree. I think it should be stopped and here's why: Those words denigrate people with mental disabilities. Imagine someone who has a mentally disabled child or other relative coming to this forum and seeing these people use their relative's mental disability as a form of insult. This stigmatizes that disability. People who care for the mentally disabled have enough of a burden to carry without having to deal with the stigma that is caused by grossly immature people who use mental disability as a form of insult.
- User Name
************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
I don't make the rules, but what's the point of having them, and the message that's being sent to other members of TOL, when certain individuals are seen flaunting codes of conduct with immunity?

ok doser

- Knight, March 2019

The use of words like "retard" and "moron" on TOL

April 3, 2020, 10:46 AM
There are several members of this forum who regularly use words like the above to insult and denigrate other people on this forum with whom they disagree. I think it should be stopped and here's why: Those words denigrate people with mental disabilities. Imagine someone who has a mentally disabled child or other relative coming to this forum and seeing these people use their relative's mental disability as a form of insult. This stigmatizes that disability. People who care for the mentally disabled have enough of a burden to carry without having to deal with the stigma that is caused by grossly immature people who use mental disability as a form of insult.
- User Name
************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
I don't make the rules, but what's the point of having them, and the message that's being sent to other members of TOL, when certain individuals are seen flaunting codes of conduct with immunity?

are you really so retarded that you don't realize that "User Name" doesn't set codes of conduct here?

:mock: jg

Arthur Brain

narumi-sokichi-quotes-by-mahatma-gandhi-1452577.jpg

He's just being his usual troll self and baiting you. His comments were idiotic to say the least, not to mention, laughably ironic.

;)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nah, it's a big country. It will take the morons on both extremes to do the job.
Nah, it doesn't matter how big the country is, people on the right have better morals, in general, than people on the left.

chair

Nah, it doesn't matter how big the country is, people on the right have better morals, in general, than people on the left.

You know full well that people on the left believe the exact opposite. In any case- I was referring to the extremes, which are a different story altogether.

I do recommend this book: The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion Paperback – Illustrated, February 12, 2013

by Jonathan Haidt (Author)

It gives some perspective on right and left thinking

ok doser

You know full well that people on the left believe the exact opposite. In any case- I was referring to the extremes, which are a different story altogether.

I do recommend this book: The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion Paperback – Illustrated, February 12, 2013

I enjoy reading and listening to Haidt - don't always agree with him, but always find a perspective worth considering.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I've read and listened to Haidt. He has some interesting things to say. And I know people on the left believe they are right. Of course, just list something you know you are wrong about but still believe...

So, understanding that both sides believe they are correct, which side could objectively actually be correct?

Turns out it doesn't matter because "objectively correct" takes a back seat to "might makes right" on the left so they don't have to test their own ideas. That's how you get praise from the left for ideas like "the protests are mostly peaceful" "looting is good" or "murdering babies before they are born is necessary". And if we try and find praise from the right about things that are wrong about, you'll find in many cases that you are quoting leftists or the praise is questionable at best, and the few things they do praise that are wrong are tiny in scope as opposed to the ones I mentioned on the left.

To test if an idea is of the right, ask yourself if the idea could be implemented by a small government. It isn't the definition of what ideas are rightist but a good rule-of-thumb test to see if an idea is of the right or not. There are other tests, too, and they boil down to a single idea, but that step is a tall one and smaller steps like this are necessary to understand it.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp73zbYwaqw

Given that conservative Christians in America have given their support to a President who sees no need to ask for God's forgiveness from sin, because he tries not to make mistakes, tell us again about those higher moral standards on "the right!"

Last edited:

ok doser

Given that conservative Christians in America have given their support to a President who sees no need to ask for God's forgiveness from sin, because he tries not to make mistakes, tell us again about those higher moral standards on "the right!"

Classic Alinsky tactic! Hold your opponent to a standard you don't intend to meet.

:mock: jg, the retarded Canuk suffering from an extreme case of Trump Derangement Syndrome