Between 1 in 6 and 1 in 7 people will be close to starving in US by end of year

Gary K

Banned
I've been writing here for months on what lockdowns are doing, and will be doing, to people here in the US. I showed, from a leftist news source how bad things are in Alemada county in California the other day. Now here is an article showing that one in six or 7 people, nationwide, will be struggling to keep themselves from starvation by the end of the year.

You know, you leftists out to go out and protest for greater lockdowns. That would a way to really make you popular among the voting public. Protest for your asserted positions. Go burn down businesses, homes, and destroy as much property as possible to make your points. You know, put your actions where your mouths have been for months. You know, show the general public just how much you care about them. Just how safe you want them to be.

Has there ever been a time in your life when you haven’t had enough food to make it through the week? If you have never experienced this, you are extremely fortunate. Even during the best of times, millions of Americans struggle with hunger, and these definitely are not the best of times. Because of all the crazy things that have happened so far in 2020, large numbers of people have been forced into dramatic lifestyle changes. Many Americans have deeply cut their food budgets due to a lack of income, others are now only eating one or two meals a day, and we are seeing more demand at food banks around the country than we ever have before.

It is quite obvious that massive numbers of people are really hurting, and Bloomberg is reporting that it is being projected that the number of Americans that are “fighting hunger” will rise to “more than 50 million” by the end of this calendar year…
The ranks of Americans fighting hunger are projected to swell some 45% this year to more than 50 million.

To me, that is an absolutely staggering figure.

Right now, the U.S. has a total population of about 328 million people, and so that figure that Bloomberg quoted represents a sizable chunk of the country.

And we certainly don’t have to wait until the end of the year for the numbers to get really, really bad. In fact, it is being reported that one recent survey found that approximately one-tenth of all U.S. households “haven’t had enough food in a given week”
During the pandemic, about a 10th of American households reported they haven’t had enough food in a given week. That’s a shocking figure for the world’s richest country. It’s more than double pre-Covid figures and the highest since comparable government data starts in 1995.​

I feel especially bad for the children that are going hungry.

Can you imagine how bad parents must feel when their children tell them that they are hungry and the parents have nothing to provide?

And this is just the beginning. Food prices are going to continue skyrocketing over the coming year, and that is just going to stretch family budgets even more.

A few days ago, I strongly urged my readers to stockpile food for the chaotic times that are ahead. Food prices are only going to go higher, and economic conditions are going to continue to deteriorate.

In fact, some more major job cuts were just announced. For example, Ford just announced that it will be eliminating “1,400 white collar jobs”
Ford is looking to cut 1,400 white collar jobs in a cost-savings move.

The automaker sent out letters to employees Wednesday saying that salaried staff eligible for retirement would be getting early retirement offers next week. Those who take the offer by October 23 would be leaving the company by the end of the year.​

And United Airlines just announced that they will be furloughing more than 16,000 workers
With no air travel rebound or new federal help in sight, United Airlines says it will furlough about 20% of its frontline employees in less than a month’s time.

In a new memo to its employees, United (UAL) says that 16,370 employees will be furloughed when payroll restrictions attached to a federal bailout expire October 1.​

Because most Americans live paycheck to paycheck, a job loss can plunge a family into dire straits very rapidly. All over the U.S., we are seeing long lines of people driving very nice vehicles waiting for up to six hours to get food at local food banks.

Over the past 23 weeks, more than 58 million Americans have filed initial claims for unemployment benefits, and many of them have “suddenly” found themselves in need of food. For a lot of them, it is the first time something like this has ever happened to them.

And so many people that I talk to believe that what we have experienced so far is just the tip of the iceberg and that much worse is coming. There is such a sense of urgency in the air, and gun sales just keep setting record after record. In fact, we just learned that gun sales during the month of August were 57 percent higher than last year
The Washington Free Beacon reported Tuesday that the U.S. saw more gun sales in August 2020 than any other August since the FBI has been logging data on the subject. According to the outlet’s analysis of FBI background check data, there were at least 1.6 million firearm purchases during the past month, a 57% increase compared to August of last year.​

Other Americans are responding to our current circumstances by wallowing in depression and despair. According to the Daily Mail, the number of Americans reporting symptoms of depression has “tripled over the last eight months”…
Researchers found that the percentage of US adults reporting mild, moderate or severe symptoms tripled over the last eight months.​

And as things get even worse, a ton of people out there simply are not going to be able to handle what is happening.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-...on-americans-will-be-fighting-hunger-year-end

I haven't purchased any foodstuffs, or anything else for that matter, this month that hasn't risen in price at least 10% and as much as 30% from a period of 1 to 2 months ago. And this is just the beginnings of inflation on the necessities of life. Cottage cheese in the quantities we purchase it in has risen from $5.44 a container to $7.60 a container. Canned chili has risen from $.99 to $1.28 a can. Beef? Steak has risen from around $6 a pound to more than $10 a pound. I'm a vegetarian so I don't buy it, but I have been watching the prices for quite a long time due to me expecting to a lot of inflation. And fruit juices? The containers that used to hold 64 fluid ounces now hold only 52 fluid ounces and their price has gone up. That means the price of things like orange juice and red grapefruit juice have risen 18.75% in just size reduction of the containers. That number does not include any rise in advertised prices. You used to be able to buy a frozen cheese pizza for $.99 on sale. Now you can't find a frozen cheese pizza for less than $3 on sale.

For the usual poor and those who have lost their jobs due to lockdowns this will mean starvation in a very short time. And the more you push for lockdowns the more you demonstrate your lack of compassion for those without the income to feed themselves. So, I advise you leftists to put your voices into action and go out and violently protest for coronavirus lockdowns as you believe they are indispensable for public safety.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
We Are Living in a Failed State - The Atlantic
www.theatlantic.com › 2020/06 › underlying-conditions
Jun 15, 2020 - The coronavirus didn't break America. ... in the endless month of March, Americans woke up to find themselves citizens of a failed state. With no ...

Is America a 'failing state'? How a superpower has been ...
theconversation.com › is-america-a-failing-state-how-a-...
Jun 22, 2020 - Using the most common metrics available to political scientists, there are signs the United States is failing. Until very recently, this idea was ...

..Is the U.S. a failed state in 2020? Experts' answers range from ...
www.salon.com › 2020/08/05 › is-the-us-a-failed-state-...
Aug 5, 2020 - If the United States isn't a failed state in 2020, it is rapidly on its way ... "The American economic system has waltzed itself into a network of ...

Is America descending into a failed state? - The Sunday ...
www.sundayguardianlive.com › World
Jun 13, 2020 - Francis Fukuyama claimed, 'America's political rot is infecting the world order. This could be as big as the Soviet collapse.' LONDON: Social ...

Is the U.S. a Failed State? - Vice
www.vice.com › en_ca › article › is-the-us-a-failed-state
Jun 8, 2020 - ... claim and dismissed it as propaganda: America is a "failed state." ... There's no single thing that constitutes a failed state, merely indicators.

The United States of America is Becoming a Failed State
www.gothamgazette.com › opinion › 9669-united-state...
Aug 12, 2020 - The fact remains that immigrants from under-developed nations have little to do with the failure that Trump has led this country to. There are a ...

The Atlantic: America Is Acting Like A Failed State | MSNBC
MSNBC
YouTube - Apr 12, 2020

Is America Redeemable? | The Nation
www.thenation.com › article › trump-america-failed-stateWith every passing day
Jul 1, 2020 - What Is a Failed State? People use this expression to indicate a political entity whose government has ceased to perform most or all of its basic ...
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

With every passing day, America is sliding further down that slippery slope, taking on more of the characteristics of a "failed state!"

In a span of 4 years, America has been transformed from the world's premier democracy to a nation ruled by an authoritarian "personality cult" - whereby the Constitution with its system of checks and balances has come under attack, while the confidence of its citizens in the 2020 Election and this President's willingness to accept its outcome is an open question!

Some historians have compared the current loss of confidence in the nation's future prospects to that of the 1850's, a tumultuous decade that set the stage for "The American Civil War!"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Jun 15, 2020 - The coronavirus didn't break America. ... in the endless month of March, Americans woke up to find themselves citizens of a failed state. With no ...

Jun 22, 2020 - Using the most common metrics available to political scientists, there are signs the United States is failing. Until very recently, this idea was ...

Aug 5, 2020 - If the United States isn't a failed state in 2020, it is rapidly on its way ... "The American economic system has waltzed itself into a network of ...

Jun 13, 2020 - Francis Fukuyama claimed, 'America's political rot is infecting the world order. This could be as big as the Soviet collapse.' LONDON: Social ...

Jun 8, 2020 - ... claim and dismissed it as propaganda: America is a "failed state." ... There's no single thing that constitutes a failed state, merely indicators.

Aug 12, 2020 - The fact remains that immigrants from under-developed nations have little to do with the failure that Trump has led this country to. There are a ...

MSNBC
YouTube - Apr 12, 2020

Jul 1, 2020 - What Is a Failed State? People use this expression to indicate a political entity whose government has ceased to perform most or all of its basic ...
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

With every passing day, America is sliding further down that slippery slope, taking on more of the characteristics of a "failed state!"

In a span of 4 years, America has been transformed from the world's premier democracy to a nation ruled by an authoritarian "personality cult" - whereby the Constitution with its system of checks and balances has come under attack, while the confidence of its citizens in the 2020 Election and this President's willingness to accept its outcome is an open question!

Some historians have compared the current loss of confidence in the nation's future prospects to that of the 1850's, a tumultuous decade that set the stage for "The American Civil War!"

Oh! Good!

The King! Of Exclamation! Marks! is Back!

Arthur Brain

MSNBC
YouTube - Apr 12, 2020

America, under the travesty of a Trump administration has become a global laughing stock, except it's really not funny. Conspiracy nuts aren't either...

ok doser

I've been writing here for months on what lockdowns are doing, and will be doing, to people here in the US. I showed, from a leftist news source how bad things are in Alemada county in California the other day. Now here is an article showing that one in six or 7 people, nationwide, will be struggling to keep themselves from starvation by the end of the year.

You know, you leftists out to go out and protest for greater lockdowns. That would a way to really make you popular among the voting public. Protest for your asserted positions. Go burn down businesses, homes, and destroy as much property as possible to make your points. You know, put your actions where your mouths have been for months. You know, show the general public just how much you care about them. Just how safe you want them to be.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...unger-year-end

I haven't purchased any foodstuffs, or anything else for that matter, this month that hasn't risen in price at least 10% and as much as 30% from a period of 1 to 2 months ago. And this is just the beginnings of inflation on the necessities of life. Cottage cheese in the quantities we purchase it in has risen from $5.44 a container to $7.60 a container. Canned chili has risen from $.99 to $1.28 a can. Beef? Steak has risen from around $6 a pound to more than $10 a pound. I'm a vegetarian so I don't buy it, but I have been watching the prices for quite a long time due to me expecting to a lot of inflation. And fruit juices? The containers that used to hold 64 fluid ounces now hold only 52 fluid ounces and their price has gone up. That means the price of things like orange juice and red grapefruit juice have risen 18.75% in just size reduction of the containers. That number does not include any rise in advertised prices. You used to be able to buy a frozen cheese pizza for $.99 on sale. Now you can't find a frozen cheese pizza for less than $3 on sale.

For the usual poor and those who have lost their jobs due to lockdowns this will mean starvation in a very short time. And the more you push for lockdowns the more you demonstrate your lack of compassion for those without the income to feed themselves. So, I advise you leftists to put your voices into action and go out and violently protest for coronavirus lockdowns as you believe they are indispensable for public safety.

I watch major grain shipments for export move past my window every day. Typically, the shipping companies are close-mouthed until after the season ends, but the traffic I've seen so far is normal. And we feed the world.

Have to watch the midwest harvest in the next couple months. :think:

chair

Laugh it up, moron - your crappy little country imports 80% of its food supply

You should take a close look at that "crappy little country" and its history. It was the world's greatest empire not that long ago. Americans tend to think that their country is the greatest, always has been, and always will be. History doesn't work that way. The era of US domination of the world can and will end, most likely far sooner than we'd (i.e. the free world) like.

ok doser

You should take a close look at that "crappy little country" and its history.

Its history is this - like France and Germany and Russia, England spent the last century in sacrificing its best and brightest, its bravest and most promising young men. The generation that lives in those countries today are the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar. They bear the genetic material of the failures of their society.

Last edited:

chair

Its history is this - like France and Germany and Russia, England spent the last century in sacrificing its best and brightest, its bravest and most promising young man. The generation that lives in those countries today are the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar. They bear the genetic material of the failures of their society.

You honestly think that empires fall because of genetic issues? You think cowardice and "weakness" (however one defines that) and "mentally subpar"- whatever that exactly is, are simply genetic? genetic? That's your explanation for the fall of all empires?

Why will the USA fall?

chair

If the US falls it will fall from within driven to pieces by the struggle between the perverted morons on the left and moral people of intelligence on the right

Nah, it's a big country. It will take the morons on both extremes to do the job.

ok doser

Nah, it's a big country. It will take the morons on both extremes to do the job.

and we're still left with the facts that the UK imports 80% of it's food and the US is the largest exporter of food in the world.

Arthur Brain

Its history is this - like France and Germany and Russia, England spent the last century in sacrificing its best and brightest, its bravest and most promising young man. The generation that lives in those countries today are the spawn of the cowards and the weak and the mentally subpar. They bear the genetic material of the failures of their society.

What an idiot.

:freak:

Arthur Brain

Laugh it up, moron - your crappy little country imports 80% of its food supply

I will laugh it up thanks. Your dopey president is a global embarrassment and wingnuts who mindlessly support him are cringeworthy. MAGA!

Not to mention the insanity surrounding Q-Anon and the prevailing nonsense about Covid-19 being a "hoax". Some of you lot on the far right haven't got a brain cell to rub together...

:dunce: