• s9s27s54

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Explosived

Dual authorities

Dual authorities

Is the debate regarding divine inspiration of the KJB or divine preservation via KJB? The BR seems to imply the former which is just totally ludicrous. Than again. It may be accurate.

I believe Inspiration and Preservation are done by God.
I have ONE final authority, the KJV.

I have more respect for the man who says the NIV is Gods word than someone who runs to the Greek, trying to get you to accept THEM as final authorities.

P

Pilgrimagain

What is it with this fale idea that Westcott-Hort is the base of all modern translations? Has no one heard of Nestle-Alland?

C

cirisme

Textman,
But I would like to forward a motion that
lateral-scrolling text be banned from TOL posts. I mean really,
how annoying can you get?

I second that motion. I hate marquee. I hate Interntet Explorer, I hate Windows, I hate Microsoft!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

;)

C

cirisme

Explosived,
So, you would rather trust in the faulty pen of man, than the flawless pen of God? :confused:

Tal DeYonghe

Originally posted by cirisme
I just noticed that this poll is worded differently than the others:

Instead of,

:thumb:

No wonder so many voted before the battle had begun!:rolleyes:

Oh man this battle... :doh:

<shakes head and slowly walks away>

rbisback

Jaltus:"more true to the original text of the New Testament," Referring why he likes other translations.

There are no original texts, therefore Jaltus is lying. That is the only conclusion that can be reached because that is basic info in Greek manuscript evidence, which he has to know seeing he studies Greek.

from Jaltus:"In ancient times, quotations did not have to be word for word,"

Prove this, also the rest of your sentence is incorrect also, scribes, if I remember correctly had seven methods to make sure that each jot and tittle were exactly right. You sir have shown your true colors.

rbisback

oh yeah, this battle, sorta like David fighting the modern criticism Giant.

I equate modern biblical criticism with evolution. Both try to get rid of the truth!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OFFICIAL NOTICE:

OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Due to the nature of this battle and the topic we have decided to shorten Battle Royale IV to 5 rounds. Which means that Jaltus has three more posts and s9s27s54 has two more posts.

P

Pilgrimagain

Nice try rbis, you still have yet to show us all how WH = NA. You can't do it.

themuzicman

Any of you folks who think the KJV is "THE" inspired translation or something similar really need to take a course in Textual Criticism.

Jaltus stated in the debate that the KJV is based upon copies that are no older than 1100 AD, and has pointed out some of the errors.

Later translations used older, more reliable transcripts, and a larger base of transcripts to get at the most accurate translation. So, let's dispense with the notion that the mainline translations are somehow based upon a single, corrupt greek text. They're not.

Michael

C

cirisme

s9 said nothing about the added and incorrect verses in Revelation. :nono:

Huldrych

Definitely looks like Jaltus has the upper hand. Hate to say this, but the battle is already looking like a tank taking on an an ice cream truck. :eek:

This is not going to be pretty, folks.

I looked up the word "translation" up in the dictionary. It means "the rendering of something into a different language.

S9 is loading up his scoop for a barrage of tutti-fruitti...

I believe a sentence can only be translated one way, I could be wrong.

:doh: then he dribbles some on himself

I do know God wants everybody to read the bible. God wants everyone saved.

ooooooooh, the rest just plopped on the hood of the van. :(

It's OK, s9, just think of it as a learning experience.

jth

C

cirisme

It's like looking at a car accident... you hate to see it, but you can't take your eyes away. :nono:

Brother Vinny

Re: OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Re: OFFICIAL NOTICE:

Originally posted by Knight
Due to the nature of this battle and the topic we have decided to shorten Battle Royale IV to 5 rounds. Which means that Jaltus has three more posts and s9s27s54 has two more posts.

Booo! I want my money back! Are you sure this isn't rigged?

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by rbisback
oh yeah, this battle, sorta like David fighting the modern criticism Giant.

I equate modern biblical criticism with evolution. Both try to get rid of the truth!

rb,

If you're convinced of the KJV-only position, why don't you tag out with s9 and take Jaltus on for the rest of the match? I've seen you debate, and I think you're better prepared than the 1611's current champion. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.