• Jerry Shugart

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rapt

Jerry says:

(Dan.11:36,45)
The verses that immediately follow reveal that at this assault on Jerusalem the people of Daniel,the children of Israel,will "be delivered":

"And at that time shall Michael stand up,the great prince that standeth for the children of thy people,and there shall be a time of trouble,SUCH AS NEVER WAS SINCE THERE WAS A NATION EVEN TO THAT SAME TIME; and at that time THY PEOPLE SHALL BE DELIVERED,every one that shall be found written in the book"(Dan.12:1).

So here we see a completely different assault on Jerusalem,and this attack is described in the same terms as the "great tribulation"--"such as never was since there was a nation even to the same time"(compare with Mt.24:21)--but in this instance the people of God will be delivered.[/b]

I'm sorry, folks, but I don't see Jerusalem mentioned in Dan 12:1 at all. Do YOU?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
Hey Everyone:

I posted my reply. Please excuse the HTML coding errors. When I went in to try and edit them within my two minute time limit, my computer froze up, and by the time I got it back online... the two minutes were up.

So I am asking Knight if he will allow me to go in and change the HTML coding error of [/blue] to [/color] as it should have been. It is not a change to the content... and I have problems with AOL seizing up on me. If not that is okay too. Whatever he decides, but please excuse the coding error.

My doctrine may be unassailable (trash talk) but my HTML skills can use some work :doh:
Nope... sorry!

novice

Who is the stooge now?

Maybe because they know an irrefutable argument when they see one ;)

Of course I am only referring to the people who voted for me. The other ones... well they are just being unfair. Wahhhhh!!!!
Uh.... yea right;)

My guess is that the intelligent people are waiting to cast their vote until the argument develops - and Dee Dee is running out of family members that can vote for her. :D

Actually, I am a bit surprised I was expecting a better argument from Dee Dee after all the pleading for a debate.

But maybe she is saving her best stuff for later? For her sake, I hope so!

rapt

I do think that Jerry makes a valid point about the definition of "generation". But even if "this generation" refers to the wicked of all ages, and Jesus was saying that they will "pass away" once Christ returns in glory, it still doesn't support disp doctrine of a future tribulation.

Immediately after the tribulation that befell the Jews in 70AD, the "sun was darkended, the moon didn't give her light, the stars fell from heaven" upon them, in the same sense that those SAME TERMS were used in a non-literal way in the OT concerning unhappy and bad times:

Ecclesiastes 12
1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high,
and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

We see in Isaiah 13 a picture of God's wrath upon Babylon, the ancient nation, when God strengthened the Medes against it, and where the Word speaks of the sun, moon, and stars being darkened:

Isaiah 13
1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

This is FULFILLED PROPHECY.

Before Babylon, it was Eqypt. We see the sun, moon, and stars darkened there too:

Ezekiel 32
1 And it came to pass in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers.

3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my net.

4 Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee.

5 And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height.

6 I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee.

7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.

9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.

10 Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall.

11 For thus saith the Lord GOD; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

12 By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.

It just always amazes me, having all the testimony in the OT of the sun, moon, and stars having been darkened in the non-literal sense, how disps can make the claim that it would happen LITERALLY, and suppose that it never happened before.

Last edited:

rapt

Hey Everyone:

I posted my reply. Please excuse the HTML coding errors. When I went in to try and edit them within my two minute time limit, my computer froze up, and by the time I got it back online... the two minutes were up.

So I am asking Knight if he will allow me to go in and change the HTML coding error of [/blue] to [/color] as it should have been. It is not a change to the content... and I have problems with AOL seizing up on me. If not that is okay too. Whatever he decides, but please excuse the coding error.

My doctrine may be unassailable (trash talk) but my HTML skills can use some work

Knight:

Nope... sorry!

I think that's being downright unreasonable. If she wanted to ADD color or content, it wouldn't be, but she's not.

Alright then, if you refuse to let her do it, then why not correct the color code yourself, Knight?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by rapt

I think that's being downright unreasonable. If she wanted to ADD color or content, it wouldn't be, but she's not.

Alright then, if you refuse to let her do it, then why not correct the color code yourself, Knight?
Every combatant has the option of previewing their post AS MANY TIMES as they please without actually posting the post.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Knight:

Perhaps this will change your mind. I have no idea how to "preview" a post during my whole tenure here!!! Please tell me how to do that because I had no idea!! Part of the length of time it takes me to get posts of is because I am squinting my eyes at my word processor making sure I've got each "[" closed and used the right coding. I had no idea that there was an option to preview, if I knew that, don't you think I would have done that??? But either way it is okay, but I am serious on you letting me know how to preview... that would be very helpful.

D

Dee Dee Warren

My guess is that the intelligent people are waiting to cast their vote until the argument develops - and Dee Dee is running out of family members that can vote for her.

Nah, I will never run out of family members to vote for me, you see, because we unintelligent people all live out in them thare hills and interbreed with each other and have so many litters of little 'uns that I have got messes upon messes of kin to come and vote in this here debate you wascally varmint.

D

Dee Dee Warren

:doh: I figured out where the preview button is. I rarely use the "post reply" option, but use the "quick reply" option instead and there is no preview option there (though I did admittedly use the "post reply" option in the post in question - I just never noticed that preview option). Well I guess now I know.... chalk it up to technological imbecility on my part. My bad.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Dear Brother, I mean Rapt, wow, you think Jerry actually has a point with the "this generation" thing??? Don't you know that you are supposed to blindly follow everything I say in lockstep because you are just too unintelligent to know better??? You had better start always agreeing with me or mom will give you a whupping when you get back from the mines.

All joking aside, let me know if you still think that when you read my response to Jerry.

JohnV

Maybe Dee Dee will get to this. Until then, I've got to wonder:

What was so great about the great tribulation?

Matthew 24
21For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The Battle is supposed to be about the great tribulation - not the destruction of the temple. While I'm sure it was no fun to be in Jerusalem in AD 70, I see absolutely no reason to believe that that was the greatest tribulation in all of time. It was a war. There's been lots of them.

rapt

You know me, Dee Dee, I question everyone and everything. :noid: Learned to do so after being deceived by so many cults when yet a youngster. Got the mark of the beast removed, and don't ever intend to get it back.

Last edited:

Apollos

Matthew Chapter 24 deals with more than one topic...

Matthew Chapter 24 deals with more than one topic...

Interesting...

Although I do not agree with either contestant completely, DeeDee is definitely closer to the truth and therefore is doing a much better job.

Jerry, as I have witnessed in the past, will not or does not deal with questions well. He thinks asking another question "takes care" of any previous question put to him.

My 10-cents....which btw, her remarks on Thayer and "genea" was a slam-dunk and affirms what Jaltus said in this thread early on.!

Last edited:

rapt

Apollos:

Jerry, as I have witnessed in the past, will not or does not deal with questions well. He thinks asking another question "takes care" of any previous question put to him.

So true. Jerry's policy seems to be "ignore, ignore, then ignore some more".

D

Dee Dee Warren

Phew!! I was beginning to think it was just me ;) However, I will not let it go and I refuse to be led around on a leash by him. The whole piranha on a corndog thing ya know!!!

Y

Yxboom

Well appears Dee Dee just keeps coming up with new ammo in her class action suit cause now she is an incestual, ignant, preterist, retarded female. Whew I wont be saying that ten times fast.

Cherith

The DEFINITE Article

The DEFINITE Article

Hello Dee Dee, everyone...

I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned the FACT of John's use of the DEFINITE ARTICLE yet in Rev 1:7. Oh, well. It's early yet I suppose...

In Him,
--Cherith

Status
Not open for further replies.