Baptists Assemble!!!!!!!!!

ARMcCarley

If I were to visit your church while you/ the assembly were observing the Lord's Supper ...would I be allowed to partake?
If I wanted to join your church and I was baptized at another church would my baptism be acceptable?
Baptist have a history and distinctives.

You can partake if you are a believer of Christ.

You have to be a believer to join the church, if you are and you were baptized with the understanding that it isn't salvation.

Baptists submerge fully. sprinkling is not a problem, however most churches the sprinkle do not preach the gospel. in saying most people choose to be re-baptize

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only person I would establish doctrine from is Jesus, Although I read commentary along with scripture.

2 Corinthians 5

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.

If you don't understand it, ask. If you reject it, you will misdirect.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about those that worshipping communist murdering thugs? Are they welcome in your congregation?

Link added even though I am casting pearls before swine. He already knows and supports murdering people.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw the word, "MAD" on TOL for years but I never knew what it stand for.

Paul was called in the Middle of Acts. And he was given a Dispensation of grace for us.

Mid Acts Dispensation of grace. More correctly as a "doctrine" it would be Acts 9 dispensationalism.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well....Officially, I am an ordained Deacon in the S.B.C....I suppose their theology is closest to mine but I am not heavily dogmatic sooo...:idunno:

"IN ESSENTIALS UNITY, IN NON-ESSENTIALS LIBERTY, IN ALL THINGS CHARITY.
~unknown

Usually, when I darken a churches doorway nowadays; it's a non-denom. :chuckle:

ARMcCarley

What fellowship does light have with darkness? Explain how that works if you invite vile people to your place.

Christ chose to come to a world full with darkness. He fellowshiped with the tax collector and whores. MAD would know that if the read the first four books of the NT, instead the break it into parts as if the were to good to share salvation with Israel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So are there any Baptist groups?.. Preferably not MAD Baptists...

If there is not a group someone with more options should start one.(HINT: Lifetimers) :)
I'm a one Baptist (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

:banana:

ARMcCarley

I'm a one Baptist (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

:banana:

That's good at least you got that one right. So what group of Christians are you in unity with in your town? Probably none.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's good at least you got that one right. So what group of Christians are you in unity with in your town? Probably none.
The one Spirit baptizing believers into the one Body is the only baptism TO us. You don't agree as you want water that you can make a fair shew in the flesh and be counted.

I am a member of the Body of Christ. Are you?

musterion

You'd have an easier time discussing; Einsteins theory of relativity
with a "Scarecrow!"

scarecrow-brains.gif

musterion

Baptist: One God in three persons, One gospel, Jesus fully man fully God, We are covered by the blood of Christ if we receive him into our heart through faith in his grace, the Bible is inspired by God, Baptism by water is not required for salvation but is a picture of the salvation you receive.

If we pretty much agreed (with some definitional niggling, perhaps) on all the above except for WB, which you said does not impact salvation, would you accept us as saved?