Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Knight

Yea... that's kinda what I thought.

Except, I figured a 9volt was just a cell.

Actually a 9volt is a group of six AAA cells.

They have another kind, and they don't use AAA cells, but some type of coil cell. Of course it might not be a coin cell, because it looks nothing like a coin!

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Knight

I would probably inadvertently destroy the universe.

You wish!

But in all seriousness. It shouldn't be that hard. Just don't stick something straight through it!

Well, if you won't, I'll show ya. I've got to be going back to CO sometime in my life!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

You wish!

But in all seriousness. It shouldn't be that hard. Just don't stick something straight through it!

Well, if you won't, I'll show ya. I've got to be going back to CO sometime in my life!!
That's OK, I trust ya!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just for the record, before we get too far, the cell that is frequently used inside a 9V battery is an AAAA cell. I know that there are lots of A's used in a lot of different ways in the battery world, so it can be confusing.

BTW, there are other ways to make 9V batteries.

And kudos for Clete for coming up with the correct answer first.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsiepop? I know the owl came up with 3, in an imperical test. And the owl is very wise, as conventional wisdom has taught us. But what is God's view on the matter?

Sozo

Originally posted by Yorzhik

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsiepop?
Depends on the individual licker.

God has predetermined the size and licking ability of every tongue, not to mention the saliva content and acidity. He, of course, must also set the day and time for each lick, and the exact temperature of the location of each elected licker. Not everyone licks, nor has everyone been chosen to lick. Only truly appointed lickers will ever know the joy of the center of a tootsiepop, and those who have been destined to be mere suckers can never share in their journey.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And kudos for Clete for coming up with the correct answer first.
What???

Come on now....

What do you think I was getting at when I responded...
I don't buy batteries....

I buy cells. ;)
I was commenting that most people think the cells they buy at the grocery store are batteries.

But your right.... Clete was the first to actually explain it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsiepop? I know the owl came up with 3, in an imperical test. And the owl is very wise, as conventional wisdom has taught us. But what is God's view on the matter?
:D

Hmmm.... I will have to look into this.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by godrulz

How do you unsubscribe to a thread?
Click on "profile" at the top of the page.

Then click "View all subscribed threads"

Then simply click "unsubscribe" to any of those threads you wish to unsubscribe to.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

Depends on the individual licker.

God has predetermined the size and licking ability of every tongue, not to mention the saliva content and acidity. He, of course, must also set the day and time for each lick, and the exact temperature of the location of each elected licker. Not everyone licks, nor has everyone been chosen to lick. Only truly appointed lickers will ever know the joy of the center of a tootsiepop, and those who have been destined to be mere suckers can never share in their journey.
POTD :first:

ShadowMaid

Alright Knight, now that you have cells and batteries straightened out... where do you buy your cells/batteries. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Alright Knight, now that you have cells and batteries straightened out... where do you buy your cells/batteries. :D
The grocery store or the hardware store.

Usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.