Are most people Christian on this site

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My intuition says that they probably gave mlk his own holiday because he was an amazing civil rights leader and not because of what flavour of Christianity he subscribed to.

MLK Jr. (as you will find out when I reopen the thread) "subscribed" to many things that your "institution" obviously isn't aware of. But then since you're a member of something that amounts to a new age cult, they very well might be aware of King's evil beliefs and behaviors.

zoo22

I guess I didn't get the memo that stated those who aren't even sure that God exists are now experts on Christianity.

Hm. Someone needs to identify with a group to have an opinion on or make observations about that group?

That's a very telling perspective coming from aCW, TOL's resident expert on homosexuality.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I guess I didn't get the memo that stated those who aren't even sure that God exists are now experts on Christianity.

Hm. Someone needs to identify with a group to have an opinion on or make observations about that group?

That particular someone should acknowledge that God exists, along with objectively reading the Bible, followed by having a personal relationship with Jesus, before he considers himself an expert on the subject of Christianity.

That's a very telling perspective coming from aCW, TOL's resident expert on homosexuality.

Expertise comes in different forms. There are the "experts" who engage in the filthy disease ridden behavior known as homosexuality (many who were sexually molested as children and/or grew up in dysfunctional homes) and then there are "experts" who have compassion for these pathetic lost souls that embrace Jesus' great commandments and want to help these people escape a life of disease, misery and death.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How many "Catholics, Calvinists aren't/this or that person isn't dogmatic enough to qualify threads and posts have you run into here over the years?

It's more popular than night baseball. :plain:

WizardofOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

That particular someone should acknowledge that God exists, along with objectively reading the Bible, followed by having a personal relationship with Jesus, before he considers himself an expert on the subject of Christianity.

Expertise comes in different forms. There are the "experts" who engage in the filthy disease ridden behavior known as homosexuality (many who were sexually molested as children and/or grew up in dysfunctional homes) and then there are "experts" who have compassion for these pathetic lost souls that embrace Jesus' great commandments and want to help these people escape a life of disease, misery and death.
:rotfl:
Says TOL's resident expert on homosexuality. 'But but that's different'.

You cannot make this stuff up

Arthur Brain

MLK Jr. (as you will find out when I reopen the thread) "subscribed" to many things that your "institution" obviously isn't aware of. But then since you're a member of something that amounts to a new age cult, they very well might be aware of King's evil beliefs and behaviors.

What aWC really means is that he has a bee in his bonnet over the guy and won't shy away from using cretinous white supremacist atheist organizations to besmirch the man, though "inadvertently" and "unknowingly" of course. Tune into his 'reopening' of the thing for a taster and laugh at or shake ones head accordingly...

Welcome to TOL.

:e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Curious. What makes it an obsession? :think:

Ummmm, perhaps because you used my name at least 21 times in that one post?

Are you TOL's resident expert on homosexuality? If you're not, who is?

As I mentioned in my post to your eggnostic friend (who just happens to be an expert on Christianity): expertise comes in different forms.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
There are the "experts" who engage in the filthy disease ridden behavior known as homosexuality (many who were sexually molested as children and/or grew up in dysfunctional homes) and then there are "experts" who have compassion for these pathetic lost souls that embrace Jesus' great commandments and want to help these people escape a life of disease, misery and death.

With well over 1,250,000 views in my 4 part thread, I'd say I have people paying attention to the threat that sexual immorality brings to our once great Christian nation.

Arthur Brain

I was wondering if you would like me to reopen part 3 so that you can update your obsession with me?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3922003#post3922003

Uh, his obsession with you?

You've gotta be kidding. Aren't you the crank who's blabbered on in the chatbox about how you want to be PM'ed by staff to assure you he isn't several different people on this forum? You're certainly the crank who's gone on about 'Aaron' ad nausea on your own train wreck.

:doh:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
There are the "experts" who engage in the filthy disease ridden behavior known as homosexuality (many who were sexually molested as children and/or grew up in dysfunctional homes) and then there are "experts" who have compassion for these pathetic lost souls that embrace Jesus' great commandments and want to help these people escape a life of disease, misery and death.

Yes, we should all strive to escape a life of death. :rotfl:

Let me share some stories of some people that I've met on an unnamed Christian forum:

I know of 3 homosexuals who had terrible relationships with their fathers or didn't have one present at all.

One was raised in an affluent home and was sent away to boarding school. He's never talked about what happened at that school, but it obviously had a very negative impact on his relationship with his father.

The other said that his father was at home, but was very distant (the boy was effeminate and the father threatened him if he ever became a homosexual, and he hides his homosexuality to this day).

The 3rd was raised in a fatherless home, so he doesn't even know what a dad/father is (I believe that there was a step dad later in his life). While he never talks about his homosexuality, it's more than obvious that he is.

There's this one 40 something year old male who was sexually molested as a child and goes onto the internet using multiple personalities, amongst other things talking about how he did "research" in a New England community that caters to homosexuals.

Then there's the guy who is 'married' to a male who had his genitals mutilated and the two of them went to a foreign country to adopt two (handicapped) children, so that they could indoctrinate them to the ways of perversion.

I also 'know' a lesbian who after her supposed 'Christian'* husband committed adultery, turned to the arms of a woman.
*He was probably one of those 'Christians' who thought he could do anything that he wanted to do because he was 'saved' by Jesus Christ's grace.

These people are "living" in the medical sense of the word, but are spiritually and emotionally dead.

WizardofOz

Uh, his obsession with you?

You've gotta be kidding. Aren't you the crank who's blabbered on in the chatbox about how you want to be PM'ed by staff to assure you he isn't several different people on this forum? You're certainly the crank who's gone on about 'Aaron' ad nausea on your own train wreck.

:doh:

And at minimum over 100 times in various threads.

I'm sure his definition of "obsessed" will now change...

He plays by 2 sets of rules, those for himself and those for the rest of the world.

OCTOBER23

NO , I AM THE ONLY REAL CHRISTIAN ON THIS FORUM.:)

IMHO - The rest of them are not as Spiritual and Humble as I am...lol

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I actually converted to Baha'i after growing up and being a devout Christian for the majority of my life. I would be more than happy to discuss any specific issues you may have with the Baha'i faith

Devout eh? you mean you were Catholic

heir

TOL Subscriber
I come from a religion that believes in Jesus but isn't considered Christian. Am I in the wrong place?

Believe that what Jesus Christ did on the cross in your place (how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day) is enough to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and you'll always be in the right place (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:6 KJV, Colossians 3:1-4 KJV)! :thumb:

Interplanner

tjgillies,
what do you mean by believes in? Do you think he was a historical figure? What do you think he accomplished? If Paul says 'I used to know him in an ordinary sense, but now I know _____' how would Paul finish that?

Krsto

Define "Christian". I know many here who write their own moral code which blatantly goes against the teachings of God/Jesus Christ, yet have the audacity to call themselves "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ).

I know many here that memorize and recite Scripture yet totally ignore Jesus' two greatest commandments.

Matthew 22:36-40

If Christianity can be anything that you want it to be, without a doubt most people here are Christian.

Considering God did not leave us with either a definition of what a Christian is, or someone with the authority to make that call on our behalf (unless you think the Catholic Magisterium is it) then we are each left with our own opinions, no?

Krsto

I actually converted to Baha'i after growing up and being a devout Christian for the majority of my life. I would be more than happy to discuss any specific issues you may have with the Baha'i faith

I'm always amazed at how much persecution such a benign faith receives. You guys are quite the threat to exclusionistic, tribal, we vs. them types.