ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You don't get it, Nang!

If your god is true then I hope that he does not "grant me repentance"!

Your god has the mind of a brick! Mercy and grace are meaningless in your convoluted worldview! Your ridiculous excuse for a god, if it were real, would be unspeakable unjust and cruel!

I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR UNJUST BULLY OF A gOD!
If your god is real, then I've been predestined to believe in free will and to despise not only your god but you as well! That's right, Nang! If you have a problem with the way I treat you, talk to your pagan god about it, its his fault anyway, I'm only here going through the motions like everyone else, including you.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete, without equivocation, exposes himself as a God-hater in this post, and thereby deserving of any judgment God may eventually impose upon his person.

I take no pleasure in saying so, or pointing this fact out, other than to provide a Godly warning to those who would consider espousing the Open View according to the corrupted views, mindset, hateful attitude, and blasphemous testimony of such a person as this man, or any others like him.

Nang

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It is amazing we don't all just beat each other to a pulp. Thankfully, we are not married to any of us.

elected4ever

You don't get it, Nang!

If your god is true then I hope that he does not "grant me repentance"!

Your god has the mind of a brick! Mercy and grace are meaningless in your convoluted worldview! Your ridiculous excuse for a god, if it were real, would be unspeakable unjust and cruel!

I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR UNJUST BULLY OF A gOD!
If your god is real, then I've been predestined to believe in free will and to despise not only your god but you as well! That's right, Nang! If you have a problem with the way I treat you, talk to your pagan god about it, its his fault anyway, I'm only here going through the motions like everyone else, including you.

Resting in Him,
Clete
No, Clete, you were not predesignated to be saved but once you believed you gave up your freedom to choose not to be saved even though you refuse to through off your carnality. What you are experiencing is your liberty in Christ. Your life decisions on earth are not predestined but your destiny is. That is your inheritance in Christ. Does your salvation now offend you?:dunce:

elected4ever

Clete, without equivocation, exposes himself as a God-hater in this post, and thereby deserving of any judgment God may eventually impose upon his person.

Nang
Yes, that is true of Clete but it is also true of you and the rest of us. That is why God did not leave the birth of His Son to the free choice of man.:cool:

Lon

If you were consistent that last sentence would read....

"By God's sovereign and unshakable decree, Pinnock, Boyd, and the rest have steered you into a horrible delusional mess, that you were then compelled to accept as the truth by the same divinely sovereign decree."​

But of course you don't believe that, do you? Heaven forbid you actually take your own stupidity to its logical conclusion.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Stupidity? How fair of an assessment is that? I do not ever call your views stupid. I believe you honestly believe them. Delusion is a subtle thing and I find that it is better to simply tackle the premises one at a time to see how you've gotten into this OV destination.

I believe you are correct, that God has allowed OV just as He allowed other divergence in the past, for His purposes, for His glory. It does several things I believe: 1) it challenges us to analyze Orthodoxy 2) It provides an opportunity to hone and sharpen our skills and knowledge 3) It helps steer us back on course (I believe OV has some good and challenging questions that need to be answered by every believer). 4) it allows us to discuss, pray, and seek Him, alternatively
5) It reveals fruit and helps reveal wheat and chaff.
6) it reminds me that God is Just as well as loving
7) helps me (individually) address questions of my own in a more thought out matter.

I can go on, but 'Yes' I believe God ordained OV theology.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Stupidity? How fair of an assessment is that?
I've been doing this a long time now, Lon and so have you. It's not like you're a seventeen year old kid who believes this nonsense because his parents do. You know the arguments, you've seen your position get crushed over and over again and yet you persist in your belief that God could somehow be in complete control of everything while I somehow simultaneously maintain responsibility for what God is in control of concerning the things I do, say and believe.

Yes, that's a fair assessment!

I do not ever call your views stupid.
That's because you are nice and because you wouldn't be able to make the accusation stick anyway.

I believe you honestly believe them.
What I "honestly believe" is irrelevant to the truth. David Koresh probably honestly believed himself to be the Messiah. He was wrong despite his belief. You know how I know that? Scripture and plain reason. That's the only way anyone can KNOW anything in this dispensation.

Delusion is a subtle thing and I find that it is better to simply tackle the premises one at a time to see how you've gotten into this OV destination.
A commendable attitude and one that I share. You notice that my post consisted of more than the three words "This is stupid". Did you miss the point I was making with what your last sentence should have been had it been consistent with the rest of your beliefs? It was a technique designed to rhetorically refute your premise.

I believe you are correct, that God has allowed OV just as He allowed other divergence in the past, for His purposes, for His glory.
This is meaningless!

Everything that happens is "allowed" to happen by God or else it would not have happened in the first place. Allowing something to possibly happen and decreeing that it will unerringly happen in advance as part of your overall plan for the universe are two completely different things, Lon.

It does several things I believe: 1) it challenges us to analyze Orthodoxy
Your analysis of Othodoxy has nothing to do with Open Theism! Don't you get it? Your analysis of orthodoxy, according to your view, HAS TO HAPPEN! It doesn't matter what happens in between God's decreeing that you will analyze orthodoxy and your actually doing it. The point is that once God has decreed it, you will do it - period. Open Theism as a catalyst could just as easily have been a cow running through your living room.

2) It provides an opportunity to hone and sharpen our skills and knowledge
Whether or not you will hone and sharpen your skills and knowledge was also predestined before time began according to your view.

How is it that you guys can say out of one side of your mouth that everything has been predestined but don't notice that out of the other side of your mouth constantly steams discussion about things as though they were not predestined? Is your lack of ability to notice the contradiction also predestined? Is that it?

3) It helps steer us back on course (I believe OV has some good and challenging questions that need to be answered by every believer).
Both your having steered off course as well as any course corrections that might or might not occur were all predestined and are being actively (i.e. sovereignly) controlled God

4) it allows us to discuss, pray, and seek Him, alternatively
All discussions, prayers and seeking of God were and are eternally and unalterably decreed, predestined, and controlled by the sovereign hand of God Himself - according to your view.

5) It reveals fruit and helps reveal wheat and chaff.
This is getting repetitive.

Fruit, wheat and chaff - all of it was/is predestined and control by God Himself - according to your view.

6) it reminds me that God is Just as well as loving
Now, in spite of the fact that your view teaches that your being reminded (not to mention your need of being reminded) was predestined to happen, this statement intrigues me.

How, in your view, is God Just or Loving?

Please explain to me how it is just for a God who unalterably predestined a person to hate Him to then punish that person for hating Him?

7) helps me (individually) address questions of my own in a more thought out matter.
Both your questions and any answers you find, whether they are the right answers or not, were all predestined by the god you say you believe in, Lon.

I can go on, but 'Yes' I believe God ordained OV theology.
You believe that God predestined me to not only believe in free will but to "unfaily" assess your belief to the contrary as stupid. And yet you fault me for being unfair even though I could not have been otherwise.

Explain to me again, how God is just in your view?

Romans 8:28, in a Calvinistic worldview basically states that God sets your house on fire so that He can rush in to rescue you from the flames and then demand praise and glory for His heroic action to save your life.

In other words, the only way that Romans 8:28 confides any comfort to the believer is if God is NOT responsible for all the bad stuff that happens to them, which directly contradicts your theological worldview.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No, Clete, you were not predesignated to be saved but once you believed you gave up your freedom to choose not to be saved even though you refuse to through off your carnality. What you are experiencing is your liberty in Christ. Your life decisions on earth are not predestined but your destiny is. That is your inheritance in Christ. Does your salvation now offend you?:dunce:

If you were any more stupid, your liver would stop working and you would die!

Do you even care at all whether or not your posts make any coherent sense?

Lon

Clete,
What you found interesting was overanalyzed on your part.
I'm not going to get pithy over the last post but point out that I have no idea how it works, I just believe it does.
You, as a finite being, are trying to logic your way through the infinite. This is a nice attempt, but it has and always has had its own shortcomings: It cannot be done.

The thrust of your concerns and arguments is how it is possible for God to ordain and predestine while we have choices.

My answer is thus: I have no idea 'how.' Hazarding a guess, I'd say that it is impossible to come up with a conclusion about time to God. The predicament is entirely outside of our comprehension ability.

Example in speculation: God sees all that will be. We have choice. God decides ahead of time (our constraint, not His) what He will ordain (allow), what He will do to alter a course, how we then would respond. The problem is, no matter where in the time-line you will try to analyze, you and I have no ability to think this way analytically because we are very much trapped in a ray timeline and do not think outside of it very well.

Therefore, it is completely outside of your reasoning ability to qualify or analyze this dichotomy as erroneaus or true.

Revelation is often times 'because I said so' or 'you will not understand all of this' in nature or we'd have no reason to 'hope.'

You have choice, God knows which we choose. Your problem with the statement is from your presuppositions, not because it is logically impossible. It is logically impossible for constrained linear thinkers only.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete,
What you found interesting was overanalyzed on your part.
I'm not going to get pithy over the last post but point out that I have no idea how it works, I just believe it does.
Why couldn't David Koresh have made the same argument against all those that demonstrated the ridiculousness of his theology?

You, as a finite being, are trying to logic your way through the infinite.
So are you! You cannot avoid logic, Lon!
Here's the logic that you just employed...

Premise one:The infinite is not logical.
Premise two:You are using a logical approach to understand the infinite.
Therefore your approach is doomed to failure.

The problem with that line of reasoning is that you just used logic to refute the veracity of logic! In other words, you used a line of reasoning (logic) concerning the infinite to come to the conclusion that the infinite cannot be understand via logic.

Please tell me that you can see the self-defeating nature of that position!

This is a nice attempt, but it has and always has had its own shortcomings: It cannot be done.
You did it! You just now did it! In the very sentence in which you claim it cannot be done, you did it! How can you not see it?

The thrust of your concerns and arguments is how it is possible for God to ordain and predestine while we have choices.

My answer is thus: I have no idea 'how.' Hazarding a guess, I'd say that it is impossible to come up with a conclusion about time to God. The predicament is entirely outside of our comprehension ability.
Then how do you know it is true? How are you even able to state it? If it is "entirely outside of our comprehension ability" where did you learn that it was in fact the case?

Further, and more importantly, I am not asking the question "how". "How" is altogether irrelevant! The question isn't how does it happen because that begs the question. The question "how" presumes the answer to the real question which is "whether". In other words, if you are asking the question "how" can something be true, you are assuming that it is in fact true and thus this "I don't have to know how" argument begs the question and is thus refuted.

Example in speculation: God sees all that will be. We have choice. God decides ahead of time (our constraint, not His) what He will ordain (allow), what He will do to alter a course, how we then would respond. The problem is, no matter where in the time-line you will try to analyze, you and I have no ability to think this way analytically because we are very much trapped in a ray timeline and do not think outside of it very well.
We do not think outside of it at all because it is not possible to do so without contradicting ourselves, just as you have done in this example of yours. Every sentence you wrote, including the one's about a god who supposedly exists outside of time, all had tense even going so far as to say that "God decides ahead of time"! You didn't even notice that you had done that, did you? If you begin to look, you'll notice that everyone who speaks about anything being outside of time commits the exact same error. It cannot be avoided. This is how we KNOW it is false! It is irrational! Not to mention the fact that the Bible never mentions the idea that God is outside of time.

Therefore, it is completely outside of your reasoning ability to qualify or analyze this dichotomy as erroneaus or true.
THEREFORE?

Did you use that word on purpose? I feel like I must be on Candid Camera or something!

And ignoring that for the moment, did you just concede that you don't know one way or the other whether God actually exists outside of time or not; that you don't know whether your theology is "erroneous or true"?

Revelation is often times 'because I said so' or 'you will not understand all of this' in nature or we'd have no reason to 'hope.'
Not understanding everything is not at all the same as blindly accepting the self-contradictory, Lon! If they were the same thing then nothing could be falsified at all! You might as well believe that God is really a little white mouse that breathes sunlight and farts balls of fire. Any random nonsense you want to postulate is equally as valid as any other bit of nonsense you want to entertain. Maybe David Koresh really was the Messiah and you just can't understand the "how" of it all.

You have choice, God knows which we choose.
Both the Bible and sound reason directly contradict this truth claim.

Your problem with the statement is from your presuppositions, not because it is logically impossible. It is logically impossible for constrained linear thinkers only.
Why couldn't David Koresh have made this EXACT SAME argument in defense of his being the Messiah and raping 14 year old girls? That is not a rhetorical question, Lon. Apply your own line of thinking from David K's perspective and tell me on what basis would you dismiss him as a lunatic. What if David K. really did make the exact same argument that you just made here? How would you tell him that he's wrong? Haven't you just given away the whole store here? What if Jet Li wanted to tell you that Buddha and Jesus are the same guy but you can't understand how because you're thinking too linearly? How would you refute that? How would you refute any truth claim? There are talking unicorns on the Moon! You don't believe it because you think too linearly! Elephant poo is 27% gold! You don't believe it because you think too linearly! Pick a truth claim, Lon or make one up yourself and tell me how you would defeat the argument, "You don't understand it because you think too linearly (or logically)!"

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Revelation > reason. It is wrong to assume that God cannot clearly communicate who He is and His ways. We can know much truth about Him though not exhaustively. This truth is consistent with logic, but is based on revelation, not our imperfect raw reason (re: spiritual reality not apprehended through senses alone).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Revelation > reason. It is wrong to assume that God cannot clearly communicate who He is and His ways. We can know much truth about Him though not exhaustively. This truth is consistent with logic, but is based on revelation, not our imperfect raw reason (re: spiritual reality not apprehended through senses alone).

This is exactly right! There is so much that we don't understand and more that we do understand that we could never have figured out for ourselves.

In case anyone misunderstands the position that I am advancing with Lon, I am simply saying what godrulz has stated here. That we don't know everything and we cannot know everything and some things we do know we don't entirely understand but there is no such thing as a self-contradictory truth and if we are unable to know whether what we think we know of a particular issue is or is not self-contradictory then we cannot know whether anything is really true.

I can't tell if Lon believes that his theology is self-contradictory and rejects the law of (non)contradiction, or whether he actually does accept the laws of reason but just thinks that his theology only seems to be self-contradictory to the human intellect which is somehow broken and unable to tell the difference between the contradictory and the coherent.

But EITHER WAY, his theology (and everything else he thinks he knows or believes) is rendered completely unfalsifiable, which was the point of my last paragraph in my last post.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lon

Why couldn't David Koresh have made the same argument against all those that demonstrated the ridiculousness of his theology?
First off, Koresh was in no way part of the majority view, nor is OV.

Let's talk about God's sovereignty again.

So are you! You cannot avoid logic, Lon!
Here's the logic that you just employed...

Premise one:The infinite is not logical.
Premise two:You are using a logical approach to understand the infinite.
Therefore your approach is doomed to failure.
Premise 3, all of Christianity for about 2000 years just wasn't smart enough.

Along comes Sanders, Boyd, Pinnock, Hill, Enyart. Thank God smarter more intelligent people are here to explain how stupid the rest of us have been (your words, not mine).
The problem with that line of reasoning is that you just used logic to refute the veracity of logic! In other words, you used a line of reasoning (logic) concerning the infinite to come to the conclusion that the infinite cannot be understand via logic.

Please tell me that you can see the self-defeating nature of that position!

You did it! You just now did it! In the very sentence in which you claim it cannot be done, you did it! How can you not see it?

I never said it is illogical, I said it is superlogical. It is logic that alludes us infinitely because we are finite.

This part should have come first
Further, and more importantly, I am not asking the question "how". "How" is altogether irrelevant! The question isn't how does it happen because that begs the question. The question "how" presumes the answer to the real question which is "whether". In other words, if you are asking the question "how" can something be true, you are assuming that it is in fact true and thus this "I don't have to know how" argument begs the question and is thus refuted.
Then this, because it is the real question isn't it? "How?"
Then how do you know it is true? How are you even able to state it? If it is "entirely outside of our comprehension ability" where did you learn that it was in fact the case??
Romans 9:11-14;17

1Ki 13:2 2Ki 21:24 2Ki 23:16 Psa 139:16 Mat 26:31
Mat 26:33-35 Rev 4:1-2

We do not think outside of it at all because it is not possible to do so without contradicting ourselves, just as you have done in this example of yours. Every sentence you wrote, including the one's about a god who supposedly exists outside of time, all had tense even going so far as to say that "God decides ahead of time"! You didn't even notice that you had done that, did you? If you begin to look, you'll notice that everyone who speaks about anything being outside of time commits the exact same error. It cannot be avoided. This is how we KNOW it is false! It is irrational! Not to mention the fact that the Bible never mentions the idea that God is outside of time.
Of course I did. It is the same in Revelation 4 where John says "after these things" which haven't even happened yet. It isn't a logical contradiction but an expression we are not able to vocalize meaningfully because we don't live there. God walks through time. Your arguement against it has you denying chrysostom's verse from the RC from Daniel, but it totally neglects the fact that people have always believed God transcends time way before Greek influence. We've given you scripture after scripture and instances, yet you continue to deny that it is anything but delusion because your mind is thinking in language constraints instead of infinite vs finite logic parameters. 2+2 is logic but there are those who cannot comprehend or work through algebra or calculus and when you tell them a+b=3 they don't grasp the logic because they are incapable. It doesn't make sense to them.

THEREFORE?

Did you use that word on purpose? I feel like I must be on Candid Camera or something!

And ignoring that for the moment, did you just concede that you don't know one way or the other whether God actually exists outside of time or not; that you don't know whether your theology is "erroneous or true"?
I'm telling you, that you cannot prove that God is constrained by time.
For me, the scriptures given above, the fact that real foreknowledge (prescience) is a scriptural given, and that the majority of stupid or intelligent Christianity agrees is more compelling than Clete trying to rationalize and reason with his limited logic. I don't believe you hold anything over on me in the logic/rational department. It doesn't matter to me,what you believe but I get the sense sometimes that OVer's seem to think they are smarter, more logical, and rational than the rest of us.

Not understanding everything is not at all the same as blindly accepting the self-contradictory, Lon! If they were the same thing then nothing could be falsified at all! You might as well believe that God is really a little white mouse that breathes sunlight and farts balls of fire. Any random nonsense you want to postulate is equally as valid as any other bit of nonsense you want to entertain. Maybe David Koresh really was the Messiah and you just can't understand the "how" of it all.

Both the Bible and sound reason directly contradict this truth claim.

Why couldn't David Koresh have made this EXACT SAME argument in defense of his being the Messiah and raping 14 year old girls? That is not a rhetorical question, Lon. Apply your own line of thinking from David K's perspective and tell me on what basis would you dismiss him as a lunatic. What if David K. really did make the exact same argument that you just made here? How would you tell him that he's wrong? Haven't you just given away the whole store here? What if Jet Li wanted to tell you that Buddha and Jesus are the same guy but you can't understand how because you're thinking too linearly? How would you refute that? How would you refute any truth claim? There are talking unicorns on the Moon! You don't believe it because you think too linearly! Elephant poo is 27% gold! You don't believe it because you think too linearly! Pick a truth claim, Lon or make one up yourself and tell me how you would defeat the argument, "You don't understand it because you think too linearly (or logically)!"

Resting in Him,
Clete

There is a huge difference between what man says is true and what God says is true. Greeks have not deluded me, I see prescience in scripture. We've had the definition of 'foreknowledge' discussion already. It is a scriptural given and we diverge on the definition, the scriptures given above, and the majority vs OV view.

Lon

Correction: It is 'right' to assume that God has not clearly communicated who He is and all His ways:

Mat 13:13
Job 37:23
Isa 55:9
Rom 11:34

So first, God chooses purposefully not to communicate clearly at times.
Second, God has not revealed all His thoughts to us nor could we understand if He did Exo 33:20
Finally, there are many perplexing situations that trouble our logical minds. As with the basic math student, some may understand Algebra, but many never will. If you have never had calculus and see a calculus equation, it would make no logical sense but it doesn't mean it is illogical, it means he/she is incapable. They can say it is jibberish, illogical, or doesn't make sense all they like, but they are wrong and I don't have to understand calculus myself to assert this if the one who knows it and says it is true is trustworthy and true. I believe God has revealed in scriptures He is prescient.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
First off, Koresh was in no way part of the majority view, nor is OV.
SO WHAT?!

Are you serious here or was this a joke?

The majority thought the Earth was not only flat as a fritter but the center of the whole Universe at one time.

Could they have all said that you think the Earth is round but that's only because you're being too logical about it? If not, why not? How would you refute those who thought Columbus was going to sail off the edge of the planet had they used your "You're being too logical!" argument?

Let's talk about God's sovereignty again
How would that be responsive to my arguments?

Premise 3, all of Christianity for about 2000 years just wasn't smart enough.
You didn't even read my post, did you, Lon? The syllogism was YOUR ARGUMENT, not mine you stupid, slobbering idiot!

Why is it that you and your ilk are unable to follow a simple conversation?

Along comes Sanders, Boyd, Pinnock, Hill, Enyart. Thank God smarter more intelligent people are here to explain how stupid the rest of us have been (your words, not mine).
Since you've brought up this totally off the subject point, why aren't you a Catholic? This is THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENT that the Catholics made against Luther!

Catholics: "Along comes Luther, Calvin, Arminius, and all the other reformers. Thank God smarter more intelligent people are here to explain how stupid the rest of us have been."

Refute the Catholic argument, Lon!

I know I can! Can you?

I never said it is illogical, I said it is superlogical.
There is no such thing! You made that up out of thin air!
Define "super-logical" for us, Lon. What does it mean to be super-logical? How do we know when something is super-logical instead of irrational since they look EXACTLY alike in every respect.

It is logic that alludes us infinitely because we are finite.
Why couldn't Hitler have made the same argument in a defense of his murdering millions of people? Why couldn't Al Gore make the same argument in defense of the man made global warming hoax? Pick any truth claim at random, any one at all, and tell me why some lunatic could use your "super-logic" to explain why no-one else understands it him?

This part should have come first

Then this, because it is the real question isn't it? "How?"
Okay, that's it! I'm done with your stupidity.

I've wasted my last bit of effort having conversations with the likes of you. My time is entirely too important to waste it on retarded morons who don't understand plain and simple English sentences that my own 8 year old daughter could easily follow and understand.

Good bye, Lon. I hope you don't die believing the lies you blindly believe in.

Resting in Him,
Clete

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Correction: It is 'right' to assume that God has not clearly communicated who He is and all His ways:

Mat 13:13
Job 37:23
Isa 55:9
Rom 11:34

So first, God chooses purposefully not to communicate clearly at times.
Second, God has not revealed all His thoughts to us nor could we understand if He did Exo 33:20
Finally, there are many perplexing situations that trouble our logical minds. As with the basic math student, some may understand Algebra, but many never will. If you have never had calculus and see a calculus equation, it would make no logical sense but it doesn't mean it is illogical, it means he/she is incapable. They can say it is jibberish, illogical, or doesn't make sense all they like, but they are wrong and I don't have to understand calculus myself to assert this if the one who knows it and says it is true is trustworthy and true. I believe God has revealed in scriptures He is prescient.

The parable issue is about not giving clear light to those who reject what light they have. Further light would only bring more condemnation and a hard heart/seared conscience. Other statements show that God clearly reveals Himself and secrets to those who know and love Him. John reverses things and says believe and you will see/know, while the world wants to see before they will believe. God is a responsible Creator and does give light to all men (Rom. 1). This is why they are without excuse!

The disciples may have been slow to understand, but Jesus was not hiding truth from them (unlike the Pharisees...pearls before swine).

Watch your proof texting out of context.

A Job context is not always revelation from God, but the musings of men.

Is. 55 is specifically about redemption, not divine revelation of all aspects of theology.

God is certainly omniscient and we are not, but He must communicate (not just anthropomorphisms) in order for us to have relationship. We are personal, in His image, so we are like Him in some ways, but unlike Him in many ways. A relational theology is biblical, not finite godism (Process) nor humanizing of God.

Sanders deals with these issues well in 'The God who risks' (opening chapters).

SaulToPaul 2

You didn't even read my post, did you, Lon? The syllogism was YOUR ARGUMENT, not mine you stupid, slobbering idiot!

Okay, that's it! I'm done with your stupidity.

I've wasted my last bit of effort having conversations with the likes of you. My time is entirely too important to waste it on retarded morons who don't understand plain and simple English sentences that my own 8 year old daughter could easily follow and understand.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Sheesh. I know you take great pride in being a Truthsmacker and grinding people's positions to powder, but this is getting ridiculous.

Why don't you put logic and philosophy on the back burner for a while and
dive into the gospel and rightly dividing...might do you some good. I read most of your posts, you're becoming a one trick pony. :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Sheesh. I know you take great pride in being a Truthsmacker and grinding people's positions to powder, but this is getting ridiculous.

Why don't you put logic and philosophy on the back burner for a while and
dive into the gospel and rightly dividing...might do you some good. I read most of your posts, you're becoming a one trick pony. :D

No truth can be separated from logic.

No irrationality can be separated from falsehood.

We are discussing philosophical issues and I can only respond to the arguments placed before me. If someone around here would make a rationally coherent argument in support of their position then if I still disagree with the position I will respond appropriately. But that hasn't happened in so long that I literally cannot remember it! Its always and only one blatantly fallacious argument after another. We can never get to a discussion about hermeneutics or dispensationalism or whatever because it is literally beyond most of them. You want to move on to meatier, more interesting issues and so do I, but how can you do that with people's who's IQ is at room temperature or lower and who know next to nothing about the Bible or the God who wrote it?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lon

The parable issue is about not giving clear light to those who reject what light they have. Further light would only bring more condemnation and a hard heart/seared conscience. Other statements show that God clearly reveals Himself and secrets to those who know and love Him. John reverses things and says believe and you will see/know, while the world wants to see before they will believe. God is a responsible Creator and does give light to all men (Rom. 1). This is why they are without excuse!

The disciples may have been slow to understand, but Jesus was not hiding truth from them (unlike the Pharisees...pearls before swine).

Watch your proof texting out of context.

A Job context is not always revelation from God, but the musings of men.

Is. 55 is specifically about redemption, not divine revelation of all aspects of theology.

God is certainly omniscient and we are not, but He must communicate (not just anthropomorphisms) in order for us to have relationship. We are personal, in His image, so we are like Him in some ways, but unlike Him in many ways. A relational theology is biblical, not finite godism (Process) nor humanizing of God.

Sanders deals with these issues well in 'The God who risks' (opening chapters).

Sander's also said "God sometimes makes mistakes."

Job is just a book written by a mere man? I never knew how alien OV was against traditional theology. You are doing an adequate job of showing we have much with which to disagree and it may indeed lead to cult assessment in the future.

Lon

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.