ARCHIVE: Knight and Lion from TOL are Back to Answer Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

Granite said:
Gee, Guy, the suspense is killing me.

How about you cut the coy routine and just say what you mean?
We all know what the evidence is. We all know that Jesus appears many times in the Bible, some might say He is the main character. We all know what the extra-biblical sources are. We all know how that conversation is going to go already. Me or someone posting quotes, and AS or eisenreich rejecting them for whatever reasons. I'm really just not interested and nothing new would come up. Thats what I mean. You guys demanding to see the evidence is disingenuous, you already know what the evidence is.

By the way, on another thread I told you that there was a reference to the eclipse when Jesus' was crucified and you seemed like you had never heard of it. I will post that one since it may be new to you and others. But as I mentioned before, its highly controversial, I don't think historians accept it as real. Its mentioned in "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell (I know, I know, I can hear the booing and hissing already) and even he says that it probably is a fake. I'll have to post it when I get home, if I remember.

Granite

Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
We all know what the evidence is. We all know that Jesus appears many times in the Bible, some might say He is the main character. We all know what the extra-biblical sources are. We all know how that conversation is going to go already. Me or someone posting quotes, and AS or eisenreich rejecting them for whatever reasons. I'm really just not interested and nothing new would come up. Thats what I mean. You guys demanding to see the evidence is disingenuous, you already know what the evidence is.

By the way, on another thread I told you that there was a reference to the eclipse when Jesus' was crucified and you seemed like you had never heard of it. I will post that one since it may be new to you and others. But as I mentioned before, its highly controversial, I don't think historians accept it as real. Its mentioned in "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell (I know, I know, I can hear the booing and hissing already) and even he says that it probably is a fake. I'll have to post it when I get home, if I remember.

Ummm...Jesus appearing in the Bible is evidence to you? Are you stoned, Guy?

I don't remember your reference or citation to the eclipse. If you'd provide it again I'd appreciate it. But if historians don't think it happened I think you're pathetically trying to grasp at a weak and fake straw. So, really: if even McDowell (who's a paperback intellectual lightweight) doesn't buy it, neither should you.

On Fire

"The Jesus-myth is not the result of careful deliberation of the evidence, but rather, is the product and province of skeptical minds in the grips of an obsession."

BINGO!

Caledvwlch

On Fire said:
"The Jesus-myth is not the result of careful deliberation of the evidence, but rather, is the product and province of skeptical minds in the grips of an obsession."

BINGO!
Have you got a citation to go with that... tie?

Caledvwlch

On Fire said:
Is that a chip on your shoulder or are you just a hump-back?
I was referring to that quote of yours. Who said it? In what context? When? Was it published? Was it read by a certain demographic? Details.

On Fire

“We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of ‘the sophisticated world’. The ‘wise’ do not believe in the resurrection of the dead. It is really quite absurd [to them]. The Ascension had to be made up by groveling enthusiasts as part of their plan to get themselves martyred.”

GuySmiley

Granite said:
Ummm...Jesus appearing in the Bible is evidence to you? Are you stoned, Guy?
:chuckle: The Bible is historically accurate, yes. But you did get me to laugh.

I don't remember your reference or citation to the eclipse. If you'd provide it again I'd appreciate it. But if historians don't think it happened I think you're pathetically trying to grasp at a weak and fake straw. So, really: if even McDowell (who's a paperback intellectual lightweight) doesn't buy it, neither should you.
I never provided you with the quote, and no I'm not grasping at straws because I don't claim the reference is real either, it was just supposed to be interesting to you, not convince you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
:chuckle: The Bible is historically accurate, yes. But you did get me to laugh.

I never provided you with the quote, and no I'm not grasping at straws because I don't claim the reference is real either, it was just supposed to be interesting to you, not convince you.

:cool:

Hey, I do what I can!

It's interesting, but only in the sense that something that thin is still being brought up.

eisenreich

On Fire said:
“We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of ‘the sophisticated world’. The ‘wise’ do not believe in the resurrection of the dead. It is really quite absurd [to them]. The Ascension had to be made up by groveling enthusiasts as part of their plan to get themselves martyred.”
Ok, random quote from Justice Scalia..

I take it Scalia's point is that people in the first century wouldn't have created a legend and then got themselves killed for that legend. Is that what you were going for?

allsmiles

GuySmiley said:
We all know what the evidence is.

Really? Why hasn't it been posted yet? Presuppositions of our retaliation is the answer. Again, you reject the JM because you must, not because of the argument because if that were the case the argument would have been posited, examined and rejected already, not only on this thread but here on TOL altogether. It hasn't been and it won't be. Your deceptive concession and confidence are a smoke screen for either ignorance or reluctance otherwise you would have done something to kill this thread pages ago.

We all know that Jesus appears many times in the Bible, some might say He is the main character. We all know what the extra-biblical sources are.

Then name them and quote them. From the beginning of my involvement with this thread I have been forthright in requesting evidence that Christians find sufficient to believe in the physical existence of Christ in our historical timeline. All I have received in return for my request has been allusion to the evidence and unsubstantiated confidence in the strength of the as-of-yet unproduced evidential support. You're not fooling anyone, if you had something you would have used it by now.

We all know how that conversation is going to go already. Me or someone posting quotes, and AS or eisenreich rejecting them for whatever reasons. I'm really just not interested and nothing new would come up. Thats what I mean. You guys demanding to see the evidence is disingenuous, you already know what the evidence is.

I do, but I have not once been disengenuous in my intentions. I've been clear: produce the evidence regardless of my reaction or evaluation. I'm not going to be persuaded by the evidence just as you are not going to be persuaded by my evidence to the contrary. You're holding me to a standard that you yourself are not obliged to fulfill despite the confidence you project to the contrary :think:

We can both agree that in our own minds we have both already won this debate. At this point it doesn't matter, just present what you have to prove that you can, not to prove anything other than that. So far that has been too difficult.

I don't care who you quote or refer to, you still haven't answered the challenge on this thread. Your quote here is more evidence of obfuscation on your part and an attempt at challenge dodgery :chuckle:

Make with the evidence. Get over the fact that I won't concede and just do it. Sound off like you got a pair for a change.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles until you can give us an example of the type of evidence that would/might compel you to believe that a person (any person) existed why should anyone take you seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.