Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

If we agree that rape is evil BUT that there are women who stupidly make their own rape more likely when it might otherwise have been completely avoided, then we've never really disagreed at all.

But if we agree on that point, then you also agree with Angel and even Res, insofar as they've been trying to make that same simple point.

Why other people refuse to acknowledge it, I can't even guess.

I cannot agree with that. I cannot conceive of a woman deliberately setting out to be raped. Often, young, inexperienced girls underestimate or are oblivious to the sex drive of young men. It is a man's responsibility to keep control of himself regardless the provocation. In fact, a man ought to avoid those situations wherein he may feel tempted beyond his control.
Why do you suppose the Frat Party is such a popular event? The young studs are looking to get laid. Some of them are looking to get laid by any means possible. Most of the young women who attend these "get-together's" are not looking to get laid. They think it is a glorified school dance as in high school. They do not consider that there is alcohol, drugs and bedrooms at the ready.
Of course there are those who know the score. That is another story.

glorydaz

You are mixing apples and oranges.

No one DESERVES to be raped. No matter what.

I cannot find an example in the Bible that says a pedophile DESERVES to be raped.

PERSONALLY, I would put him in front of a wall, preach the gospel, make the altar call, meanwhile preparing the firing squad, after that punishment would swiftly be carried out.

And what, pray tell, makes rape so special?

NOTHING. Nothing makes rape special. Where does this come from? :think:

lifeisgood

Of course she bears responsibility. Even more, she deserves whatever she gets. I realize it's a dangerous thing to say on this forum, that someone actually deserves (reaps) what they have sown, but I'll say it. I'm not afraid of the wrath of man or woman. :)

You have heard of wives who are raped by their husbands haven't you?
Do wives DESERVE to be raped by their husbands because the wife did not acquiesce to his demand of 'it has to be right now'?

No one, no man, no woman, no child DESERVES to be raped. No matter what.

We all deserve whatever we get when we do something WRONG. And, we never deserve the mercy we get when we receive that instead.

I thank my Lord Jesus Christ that you are not my judge.
You think that I DESERVE to be raped when doing something wrong.

glorydaz

If we agree that rape is evil BUT that there are women who stupidly make their own rape more likely when it might otherwise have been completely avoided, then we've never really disagreed at all.

But if we agree on that point, then you also agree with Angel and even Res, insofar as they've been trying to make that same simple point.

Why other people refuse to acknowledge it, I can't even guess.

I cannot agree with that. I cannot conceive of a woman deliberately setting out to be raped.

Hold the presses. Here you go again. He DID NOT say "a woman deliberately setting out to be raped". :doh:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Very interesting how you know so well what Rusha understands. I disagree with both those understandings....whether they are hers or yours of hers.

In reality, it can only take one poor choice before that choice "catches up with you". And it can "catch up with you" in any conceivable way. You could be shot by a jealous spouse. You could be beaten, raped, dismembered, and hidden away where you may never be found. We don't get to choose which of those ways is acceptable or not. Bad behavior is BAD and consequences for that bad behavior are deserved....no matter how much you or Rusha or any other human being says otherwise. People are not GOD....no matter how much they think they are or how much they want to be. God allows bad things to happen to good people, and He allows all of us to suffer the consequences for our bad behavior....unless He specifically grants us mercy. When He does, we do not deserve that MERCY, but we sure should be thankful when He extends it to us.....else we would all be in a world of hurt.

Using your twisted logic, people DESERVE any bad thing that happens. Smokers DESERVE cancer, Overweight folks DESERVE diabetes, slutty girls DESERVE to raped and molested.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

it comes from a time when virginity was common before marriage

i'm not talking about people like that - i'm talking about people who were raised to see Miley Cyrus as someone to emulate

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Very interesting how you know so well what Rusha understands. I disagree with both those understandings....whether they are hers or yours of hers.

In reality, it can only take one poor choice before that choice "catches up with you". And it can "catch up with you" in any conceivable way. You could be shot by a jealous spouse. You could be beaten, raped, dismembered, and hidden away where you may never be found. We don't get to choose which of those ways is acceptable or not. Bad behavior is BAD and consequences for that bad behavior are deserved....no matter how much you or Rusha or any other human being says otherwise. People are not GOD....no matter how much they think they are or how much they want to be. God allows bad things to happen to good people, and He allows all of us to suffer the consequences for our bad behavior....unless He specifically grants us mercy. When He does, we do not deserve that MERCY, but we sure should be thankful when He extends it to us.....else we would all be in a world of hurt.

If you honestly think a person deserves to be raped please post the scripture where God proscribes that punishment.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Do you seriously not understand the difference between somebody forcing you to have sex with them and you saying you want to have sex with them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you honestly think a person deserves to be raped please post the scripture where God proscribes that punishment.

Where did she say that a specified action (in this case rape) is proscribed by God for a specific action? Even in the post you quoted of hers - she says consequences follow behavior.

Now how many verses would you like on the actual topic, bad consequences following bad decisions, because the bible is filled with those examples.

Likewise, good consequences follow good actions. At no point has anyone claimed ever that rape is justified, or the rapist less guilty of what they chose to do, just because they said people bear consequences for their own choices too.

The main point, consequences follow decisions, both good and bad.

But then some people can continue claiming what has never been claimed, to skirt the real issue.

glorydaz

Do wives DESERVE to be raped by their husbands because the wife did not acquiesce to his demand of 'it has to be right now'?

No, and I never even came close to saying they did.

Not true. There are woman who deserve whatever they get when they act the harlot. There are men who deserve whatever they get when they rape children. There are people who do bad things and then they whine about the consequences that come upon them. There are people who tell them they did nothing to deserve what came upon them when it's a LIE to say that. Sin has consequences in this life. Like it or not. Sometimes those consequences are not pleasant. Too bad. I won't lie just to appease a bunch of bleeding hearts who refuse to admit the ways of God are not our ways. If we were all gods, we'd do a much better job, wouldn't we?

I know, I'm just horrible. I happen to believe what the Bible tells me. That we reap what we sow in this life, and it may be more than we bargained for. Get used to it. I didn't set up this system.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Yes, she believes women deserve to be raped. And she thinks others are haters...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm sure he did. SOD has been trolling here for years and he's good at it. When he can stir up a thread like this he is delighted to feed it any way he can.

i'm so good at it i use my super trolling powers to get artie to start threads about me! :banana:

anna too! :banana:

and bybee! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.