Anybody know much about Islam?

journey

Fortunately there are a lot of good leaders within Islam to follow. Of course you never hear about them in American culture. Christians would do well to support them because the real changes are going to come from within, not any opposition from Christians. Our local Imam, for example, is a great guy with a great congregation.

You're a Muslim - aren't you?

journey

Sure, and like I said, Mohammad didn't preach a gospel so can't be accused of preaching a wrong gospel.

Actually, no, Islam does not deny he was resurrected. I used to think that before I looked into it more. One of a myriad of myths about Islam. Be that as it may, the Christian Gospel is not a doctrinal understanding about God or Jesus, it's the good news about the Kingdom of God having come to earth.

It's not based on someone's report of what angels said, it's based on an something more verifiable, such as an empty tomb, and the teaching of the one who rose from it. If that eliminates Paul's testimony, so be it. I don't need Paul to be a Christian, though he does provide some awesome truths about the New Covenant, walking in the Spirit, loving each other, etc. BTW, if you get a chance to witness to Muslims, forget about quoting anyone other than Jesus, but certainly do quote Jesus, since he is one of their prophets too.

They consider Jesus Christ to be subordinate to Mohamed. They certainly don't recognize Jesus Christ as God the Son because their god (little "g") has no son. Jesus Christ was definitely a Prophet, but He was also very God. You should understand this if you're a Christian and know anything about Islam.

journey

You're going to have just as hard a time convincing a Muslim that Paul represents an authentic understanding of the Prophet Jesus (since his claim is based on a vision and reports by those who bought into his testimony) as a Muslim is going to have convincing you that Muhammad's vision was from God. I suggest if you want to understand his faith you start with Mohammad's words and go out from there, taking his companion's reports with a grain of salt, and you give him the same liberty to start with Jesus' teachings and go out from there, taking what Paul and Jesus' other "Companions" said with a grain of salt. Did Jesus' Great Commission include "teach all that Paul said," or did he say, "Teach all that I have commanded you"? Do you believe Jesus missed it by limiting it to his own words? I don't think he did at all. Paul's writings are instructive but they don't need to be considered authoritative by anyone interested in the Gospel.

The Lord Jesus Christ went willingly to the cross for big reasons. The Apostle Paul explains why and what changed at the Cross. The Apostle Paul taught what The Lord Jesus Christ told him to - the Gospel of the Grace of God - the only way to Salvation in this Age of Grace. It would appear that you're a very confused person and don't know what was written specifically to you instead of the Jews. Do you know why Jesus Christ went to the Cross and what changed at the Cross?

Krsto

You should talk with someone such as Brigitte Gabriel whose parent was treated first before a Jew in a Jewish Hospital because her wounds were very serious and if not treated immediately would die. Talk about those Jews not possessing much mercy.

Meanwhile, her Muslim friends had charged her for them to bring her to the border so that those horrible Jews could help her. Talk about those merciful Muslims.

When she asked the Jewish EMT how much she was supposed to pay for the ambulance to take them to the hospital, because her Muslim friends had charged her to bring her to the border, the EMT said, 'nothing'. Talk about those Jews not possessing much mercy.

She couldn't believe that those Jews not possessing much mercy treated her parent without charging her anything. Go figure.

Somehow this justifies what the Jews do to Palestinians, eh? Perhaps you are unaware: www.ifamericansknew.org

Krsto

You probably would enjoy being under Islam's dhimmitude as they are so merciful by cutting people's head, hands, feet, enslaving women, not to say anything bout child brides, etc.

Depends on whose version of Islam I'd be stuck with. If it were your version I'd be SOL. Fortunately your version is a small minority of the 1.7 billion Muslims.

Krsto

The Lord Jesus Christ went willingly to the cross for big reasons. The Apostle Paul explains why and what changed at the Cross. The Apostle Paul taught what The Lord Jesus Christ told him to - the Gospel of the Grace of God - the only way to Salvation in this Age of Grace. It would appear that you're a very confused person and don't know what was written specifically to you instead of the Jews. Do you know why Jesus Christ went to the Cross and what changed at the Cross?

That's all well and good, even though I believe Penal Substitutionary Atonement theory to not be what Paul taught but a pagan version of his sacrifice. Let me put it this way, if you can't preach the Gospel with just the words of Christ then you probably don't have the right Gospel, and are confused yourself.

Krsto

Their evil has been around a lot longer.

What's negative about them keeps growing and growing.

Apparently it ain't gonna be you.

I see their evil growing as a direct reaction to Western colonialism in their lands. Get us out of the Mid East and you will see an entirely different Islam than what you see now. If you want to continue to see an increase in terrorist attacks then do this:
Top 12 Ways to Guarantee Another Terrorist Attack:

1. Continue killing civilians with our Air Force drone program.
2. Keep supporting tyranny in the Muslim world like we have done for the past 50 years.
3. Continue our military presence on the Arabian peninsula, especially in Saudi Arabia which hosts two of Islams most holy sites.
4. Continue to support Israel as they continue to treat the Palestinians as animals.
5. Continue to support Israel as they continue to steal land from the Palestinians.
6. Continue to get oil from the Mid East at prices way below market value.
7. Continue to choose sides in sectarian civil wars.
8. Keep ignoring international law.
9. Keep punishing Muslim people through sanctions for what their leaders are doing.
10. Keep invading Muslim countries.
11. Keep treating refugees with indifference to their plight.
12. Keep validating the Muslim narrative that the West is out to get Islam.

Krsto

I fail to understand why any Christian would.

Are you familiar with the teachings of Jesus? Love your enemies. Treat your neighbor as yourself. That sort of thing. Have you never been to church or did they not teach you this at the one you went to?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You should talk with someone such as Brigitte Gabriel whose parent was treated first before a Jew in a Jewish Hospital because her wounds were very serious and if not treated immediately would die. Talk about those Jews not possessing much mercy.

Meanwhile, her Muslim friends had charged her for them to bring her to the border so that those horrible Jews could help her. Talk about those merciful Muslims.

When she asked the Jewish EMT how much she was supposed to pay for the ambulance to take them to the hospital, because her Muslim friends had charged her to bring her to the border, the EMT said, 'nothing'. Talk about those Jews not possessing much mercy.

She couldn't believe that those Jews not possessing much mercy treated her parent without charging her anything. Go figure.

The Jews are masters of propaganda and anything they do is ordered by their leaders . It is a military run state.

Jews employ Arabs in low paid jobs.

Palestinians are a little crazy but it is all coming home to the USA itself as its citizens are rebelling against the government by the thousands of armed groups.

Booom at home.

LA

Jamie Gigliotti

Islam teaches a works based salvation, that relies upon the ability of man to follow the law. As opposed to the good news of the Kingdom of God, where by grace one can be filled with God's love and Spirit and by faith and dependence on Christ and His Spirit and His cleansing work one can love and fulfill the intent of the law.

Islam as well non Messianic Jews reject and do not understand the oneness of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

These lies keep Muslims from Christ and His love.

journey

That's all well and good, even though I believe Penal Substitutionary Atonement theory to not be what Paul taught but a pagan version of his sacrifice. Let me put it this way, if you can't preach the Gospel with just the words of Christ then you probably don't have the right Gospel, and are confused yourself.

I didn't think that you would answer my questions. I don't think that you're a Christian at all. If you throw out the writings of the Apostle Paul, you throw out the Gospel of the Grace of God - God breathed - specifically written to you. If so, you are lost and might as well become a Muslim. You're so smart that you don't have a clue.

Krsto

Nothing wrong about loving Muslims as we are commanded by Jesus Christ to love our enemies; and no doubt about it, Islam is our enemy.

Muslims are under bondage, unable to decide for themselves, kept under foot, etc.

I pray for Muslims all the time for they need the salvation Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary purchased ALSO for them. Like Brother Swaggart say, ‘they can close the doors but they cannot close the roof (satellite)’. There are Muslims who are being saved by the preaching of the Gospel in these modern times.

André Servier was an historian who lived in French Algeria at the beginning of the 20th century.
"Islam was not a torch, as has been claimed, but an EXTINGUISHER. Conceived in a barbarous brain for the use of a barbarous people, it was - and it remains - incapable of adapting itself to civilization. Wherever it has dominated, it has broken the impulse towards progress and choqued the evolution of society"

Why don't you do something more practical than just praying? Do you have any Muslim friends? If not why not? I suggest you find an agency in your town that helps to resettle refugees and get involved. Show a real Muslim what real love is. Don't just talk about it and pray about it. Put some feet to your prayers. They will appreciate it and you will see more of them come to Christ. I've seen several in my town.

Krsto

Islam teaches a works based salvation, that relies upon the ability of man to follow the law. As opposed to the good news of the Kingdom of God, where by grace one can be filled with God's love and Spirit and by faith and dependence on Christ and His Spirit and His cleansing work one can love and fulfill the intent of the law.

Islam as well non Messianic Jews reject and do not understand the oneness of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

These lies keep Muslims from Christ and His love.

I agree with your first paragraph, but not being a trinitarian never prevented a single soul from knowing Christ and his love any more than it did before the church became trinitarian in the 4th century. If you think salvation is dependent on proper theological understanding of the godhead then you don't know what the Gospel is all about.

Krsto

They consider Jesus Christ to be subordinate to Mohamed. They certainly don't recognize Jesus Christ as God the Son because their god (little "g") has no son. Jesus Christ was definitely a Prophet, but He was also very God. You should understand this if you're a Christian and know anything about Islam.

Recognizing Jesus as "God the Son" with a big G, or "very God of very God," as the Nicean Creed states, was a post-apostolic doctrine so can't be essential understanding for Muslims or anyone else to come to Christ. You are preaching a false Gospel if you think these theological points are what saves people.

Jamie Gigliotti

I agree with your first paragraph, but not being a trinitarian never prevented a single soul from knowing Christ and his love any more than it did before the church became trinitarian in the 4th century. If you think salvation is dependent on proper theological understanding of the godhead then you don't know what the Gospel is all about.

It's their rejection of Jesus based on Him not being what He said He was. One with His Father. They can not place their faith in Him until they accept who He truly was.

journey

Romans 10:17 KJV So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1PeaceMaker

Why don't you do something more practical than just praying? Do you have any Muslim friends? If not why not? I suggest you find an agency in your town that helps to resettle refugees and get involved. Show a real Muslim what real love is. Don't just talk about it and pray about it. Put some feet to your prayers. They will appreciate it and you will see more of them come to Christ. I've seen several in my town.

Personally, I'm a pacifist and believe that welcoming Muslims will help to tame down the violent rhetoric and even allow them to leave Islam in time. In fact, that's what already seems to be going on, but then there are other important factors to also consider.

Are they (the migrants and Muslim populations that are non-violent) trying to curb the violent, sectarian attitudes of the few who threaten their new lives? They should be the ones reigning the radicals in.