Answering old threads thread

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All we know is that she wasn't willing on Tuesday--no one ever said it had to be brutal--just unwanted.
So it sounds like your contention might be that in a marriage, intimate relations might have shades of gray between enthusiastic participation and brutal assault.

Am I close?

Or should we consider that anything less than enthusiastic participation constitutes brutal assault?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The irony would be funny if it wasn't so tediously predictable.

Nobody knows what you're talking about.

[I am] not making things up for people to believe

Of course you are. Nobody has said that a spouse has the right to force themselves on their partner.

I get it. It's a clumsy, stupid point of view. But it's not a dishonest load of spam, which is all you ever provide.

Now, if you're just gonna do the same boring ole Stripe trope rubbish then crack on with it and I'll just wait for something of substance to address from someone else ta.
Bye, loser.

Derf

So it sounds like your contention might be that in a marriage, intimate relations might have shades of gray between enthusiastic participation and brutal assault.

Am I close?

Or should we consider that anything less than enthusiastic participation constitutes brutal assault?
“Brutal” isn’t required for rape—only nonconsent, according to the posts we’ve seen here. Are we changing the focus to include brutality?
I know many have no need for authority in any of this discussion, but let’s consult a dictionary:
Miriam Webster’s:
: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

See? Brutality not required. Notice that force isn’t required, either, only threat of force. One might also notice that it is “unlawful” sexual activity, which would normally eliminate the charge of “rape” within marriage, since sexual activity is encouraged within marriage, at least in most universes.

But you have the facts of the case, let’s come to a verdict, yes?

Derf

Yes, it is rape, there's no other word for it and you certainly haven't found one still being stuck with "something else".

Your scenario is lame as anything frankly. Do you honesty think that loving married couples have sex on set days or something? If the wife complained to a friend that her supposedly loving and cherishing husband had forced her into sex against her will then her friend would be right to call it rape. Proving something like that in court isn't easy as others have mentioned already but its still rape regardless. If it could be proved then the verdict should be guilty of rape and the wretch of a husband be lobbed in jail.
This is all we have to go on. “Ifs” have no place in a courtroom. Verdict, please.

Arthur Brain

Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Of course you are. Nobody has said that a spouse has the right to force themselves on their partner.

I get it. It's a clumsy, stupid point of view. But it's not a dishonest load of spam, which is all you ever provide.

Bye, loser.
Hmm, given that plenty actually have and do then you must be nobody.

Er, yeah they have. Sorry you missed it but then you did get a bit late to the "party". Why do you think Clete was so exasperated?

See ya!

Arthur Brain

This is all we have to go on. “Ifs” have no place in a courtroom. Verdict, please.
You had my answer previous. If it can be proved that a husband has forced sex on his wife then there's only one verdict: Guilty of rape. Many get away with it unfortunately.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmm, given that plenty actually have and do then you must be nobody.

Hmmm. Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Er, yeah they have.

Nobody has said that a spouse has the right to force themselves on their partner.

Nobody.

I don't even need to have read any posts to know that's true. All we have are your inventions.

Sorry you missed it but then you did get a bit late to the "party"

I read the thread. It ain't here. It's only in your head.

Why do you think Clete was so exasperated?

What planet are you on? Clete is always exasperated. And you're always useless.

Arthur Brain

Hmmm. Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Nobody has said that a spouse has the right to force themselves on their partner.

Nobody.

I don't even need to have read any posts to know that's true. All we have are your inventions.

I read the thread. It ain't here. It's only in your head.

What planet are you on? Clete is always exasperated. And you're always useless.
Sure they do but if you don't then eh, not that surprising.

Yeah, they have otherwise there wouldn't have been so much discussion regarding it and nor would Clete have felt obliged to air such disgust as well as exasperation. Some of the comments and views aired warrant such.

Earth.

You have a good day now!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spam would be a step up for you. That's not what I regard concerning rape at all.
You were given a scenario.
That scenario did not show evidence of force.
You gave a verdict.

What you want is for someone to have evil ideas that you can cry about, and you're so desperate for it that you invent the ideas for them.

You provide nothing but spam.

Arthur Brain

“Brutal” isn’t required for rape—only nonconsent, according to the posts we’ve seen here. Are we changing the focus to include brutality?
I know many have no need for authority in any of this discussion, but let’s consult a dictionary:
Miriam Webster’s:
: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

See? Brutality not required. Notice that force isn’t required, either, only threat of force. One might also notice that it is “unlawful” sexual activity, which would normally eliminate the charge of “rape” within marriage, since sexual activity is encouraged within marriage, at least in most universes.

But you have the facts of the case, let’s come to a verdict, yes?
Maybe you should consult the same dictionary for "violation".

Arthur Brain

You were given a scenario.
That scenario did not show evidence of force.
You gave a verdict.

What you want is for someone to have evil ideas that you can cry about, and you're so desperate for it that you invent the ideas for them.

You provide nothing but spam.
A lame one yes and I answered it accordingly. If the husband had forced sex on his wife on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday night or whatever then he'd be guilty of rape. You can read, right?

Derf doesn't consider it rape if a husband forces his wife into sex as it's apparently "something else", as yet unexplained...

You provide nothing but lame, repetitive and boring tropes that add nothing to any discussion.

Fun isn't it?

Arthur Brain

Nope.

You just made it up.

You're a liar.

That's called spam.

What planet are you on? Clete is always disgusted and exasperated.
Nope. I wouldn't want to make up some of the vile garbage being aired on this thread. I'd sooner it wouldn't even need to be addressed or Clete to even be involved but it's there more's the pity. Sure, Clete is hardly the most relaxed poster on this forum and I agree with him in single figure percentages for the most part but on this, he was bang on. Why are you even bringing up his usual exasperation instead of addressing what he actually said?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A lame one yes and I answered it accordingly.
Lamely.

If the husband had forced...

This was not in the scenario. You made it up.

You can read, right?

Derf doesn't consider it rape if a husband forces his wife into sex

That was not in the scenario. You made it up. That Fred does say this makes him an idiot. But you're the liar.

You provide nothing but lame, repetitive and boring lies that add nothing to any discussion.

Fun isn't it?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. I wouldn't want to make up some of the vile garbage being aired on this thread.

Too late.

I'd sooner it wouldn't even need to be addressed or Clete to even be involved but it's there more's the pity.

English, dude. English.

Sure, Clete is hardly the most relaxed poster on this forum and I agree with him in single figure percentages for the most part but on this, he was bang on. Why are you even bringing up his usual exasperation instead of addressing what he actually said?
Why do I have to address what Clete said? You're the liar, not him.