Animal Sacrifices Found in the Old Testament ?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Daqq,

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

When you believe that then you will realize Christ's death bought forgiveness of sin to men who were dead by the time of the cross.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

If you are not reconciled to God through Christs death then you can not be partaking of eternal life as you claim.

LA

daqq

Daqq,

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

When you believe that then you will realize Christ's death bought forgiveness of sin to men who were dead by the time of the cross.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

If you are not reconciled to God through Christs death then you can not be partaking of eternal life as you claim.

LA

When will you stop making false insinuations and accusations as you have now done again?
False witness and lying is the same as murders coming forth from your mouth.
The lying tongue is an abomination in the eyes of the Father, (Prov 6:16-19).
Why do you not believe the Testimony of the Messiah? (Mt 15:18,19).
It can only mean that you are not truly his, (despite your claims).

Jerry Shugart

Elohim does not ask for "death", (as Jerry has said), no, but rather, Elohim wants living sacrifices because Elohim is love, and life, and the Elohim of the living.

Do you deny that the animal sacrifices found in the following verse were according to the commandment of the LORD?:

"An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee"
(Ex.20:24).​

Are you really willing to argue that the LORD is speaking about "living sacrifices" in that verse?

Oh, I forgot! You don't answer questions even though you say that you do. Prove to us that you really want an honest discussion on this subject and actually answer these two questions. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

How many times are you going to refuse to give an answer?

daqq

Do you deny that the animal sacrifices found in the following verse were according to the commandment of the LORD?:

"An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee"

Are you really willing to argue that the LORD is speaking about "living sacrifices" in that verse?

Oh, I forgot! You don't answer questions even though you say that you do. Prove to us that you really want an honest discussion on this subject and actually answer these two questions. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

How many times are you going to refuse to give an answer?

Swim... swim... swim... swimming in circles he goes... day in... day out... :chuckle:

I have answered you with scripture multiple times now but you do not accept the scripture which I posted as a legitimate answer, (Jer 7:22,23). And what does that say about you? You do not want to hear the scripture because it has already refuted what you believe. In addition I answered you according to how the scripture admonishes me to answer you; which is to answer you accordingly to the living oracles, utterances, sayings, and words of Elohim, (1Pet 4:11a, Acts 7:38).

Last edited:

Zeke

Why won't you answer my simple question?:

Do you deny that the animal sacrifices found in the OT, including burnt offerings, were according to the commandment of the LORD?:

Are you really willing to argue that the LORD is speaking about "living sacrifices" in this verse?

You are blind Jerry Dagg has answered with scripture that shows the spiritual meaning yet tradition tells you to cut a slab of flesh of Jesus and fire up the barby, you are supposed to be a living sacrifice but you want to follow literalist who have a begining and end just like you will.

Zeke

God commanded animal sacrifices.

When did God not desire them?

God did not desire them for things like murder and adultery.

When did the animal sacrifices and other offerings turn bad to God?

When they were done by those who really weren't sorry for their sins, and those who were not really thankful.
God is Spirit and desires the same from his children who should grasp 2Cor 3:6 but few can overcome traditions carnal mentality and build a god in their image that is chained to secular history instead of divine timeless truth for the living.

Jerry Shugart

You are blind Jerry Dagg has answered with scripture that shows the spiritual meaning yet tradition tells you to cut a slab of flesh of Jesus and fire up the barby, you are supposed to be a living sacrifice but you want to follow literalist who have a begining and end just like you will.

Since you know what his answer is, then tell me if his answer to the first question was "yes"or "no."

And tell me what is his answer to the second question, "yes" or "no"?

Since you think that you have so much knowledge perhaps you would like to enlighten us and answer those two questions.

Jerry Shugart

I have answered you with scripture multiple times now but you do not accept the scripture which I posted as a legitimate answer, (Jer 7:22,23).

Jeremiah 7:22-23 does not answer my questions and you know it! According to your interpreation of that passage the LORD never commanded animal sacrifices. But all you do is to run and hide from the verse which I quoted that proves that He did:

Only a fool like you could read those words and somehow imagine that the LORD was not commanding the children of Israel to offer animal sacrifices!

daqq

Jeremiah 7:22-23 does not answer my questions and you know it! According to your interpreation of that passage the LORD never commanded animal sacrifices. But all you do is to run and hide from the verse which I quoted that proves that He did:

Only a fool like you could read those words and somehow imagine that the LORD was not commanding the children of Israel to offer animal sacrifices!

The Exodus passage has already been explained several times now: saying that I run and hide from it is a flat out lie, it has also been explained even from other Torah passages and the Prophet Ezekiel in addition to what the Master teaches in the Gospel accounts. Is it my fault you do not believe or understand parables and Prophets? Is it my fault you do not believe what Jeremiah 7:22-23 plainly states? Jeremiah and all the other passages which have been quoted in one block several times in this thread clearly say that the Father was not speaking of what YOU imagine in the machinations of your vain imagination.

Here is that block of passages again for a third or fourth time now:

Psalm 40:6, 7, 8
Psalm 50:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Psalm 51:14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Hosea 14:1-2 KJV
Isaiah 1:10, 11, 12, 15
Isaiah 66:1, 2, 3
Jeremiah 7:21, 22, 23

Zeke

1Cor 2:14 its a fool who interpretes spiritual things through carnal minded understanding which is the plight of most on this sight, I was as well but one should be able to mature past the nursery teet that can't discern the shadow from the substance casting it.

Jerry Shugart

The Exodus passage has already been explained several times now: saying that I run and hide from it is a flat out lie, it has also been explained even from other Torah passages and the Prophet Ezekiel in addition to what the Master teaches in the Gospel accounts.

All you do is quote verses and put a foreign meaning on those verses and then pretend that those verses prove that the LORD did not actually command these animal sacrifices:

You claim to believe the Bible but the only think that you believe are the wild fantasies which spring from the dark crevices of your wicked mind!

Jerry Shugart

1Cor 2:14 its a fool who interpretes spiritual things through carnal minded understanding which is the plight of most on this sight, I was as well but one should be able to mature past the nursery teet that can't discern the shadow from the substance casting it.

You talk big but when given a chance to actually answer questions about the subject of this thread you run and hide. Tell me why anyone should interpret the following verse in any other way than literally?:

If this verse is not to be taken literally then it must have another meaning. What is that meaning?

Now is your chance to show us how spiritually enlightened you are so either put up or shut up!

daqq

Matt 5:29 get busy Jerry! but I bet you won't literalize that now will ya.

Of course he will not literalize it, even though nowhere are we ever told it is an allegory, idiom, proverb, or parable, and he will not literalize it because he himself is the god who decides what the Word is going to say and mean. :chuckle:

Zeke

You talk big but when given a chance to actually answer questions about the subject of this thread you run and hide. Tell me why anyone should interpret the following verse in any other way than literally?:

If this verse is not to be taken literally then it must have another meaning. What is that meaning?

Now is your chance to show us how spiritually enlightened you are so either put up or shut up!

All you have to do is read 2Cor 3:6 to grasp the two interpretations, you are still stuck in the letter Jerry, Dagg has given you plenty of scripture that shows the spiritual application but you keep killing it with carnal minded tradition that clouds your mind, so its foolishness to you a loyal son of hagar Galatians 4:20-28, Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24, 1Cor 3:16, but oh no God you get back in Jerries literal kingdom of flesh and blood because he is offended By the living God. You need offended to wake you up.

Jerry Shugart

All you have to do is read 2Cor 3:6 to grasp the two interpretations, you are still stuck in the letter Jerry...

Since you think that you have such a good grasp on the truth then why did you run and hide from given us your meaning of this verse?:

"An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee" (Ex.20:24).

Once again all you prove is that you can talk big but when it comes time to demonstrate your so-called wisdom you come up empty handed, like those who are wells without water.

Matt 5:29 get busy Jerry! but I bet you won't literalize that now will ya.

I never denied that figurative language is used in the Scriptures. But you want to literalize away any verse which contradict your silly ideas!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Depends on the crime. Try reading the Book.

Chair,

I have studied the Torah for observation in a previous decade.

With that experience and my current understanding combined... I zero in on this verse.

Deuteronomy 31:26 כו לָקֹחַ, אֵת סֵפֶר הַתּוֹרָה הַזֶּה, וְשַׂמְתֶּם אֹתוֹ, מִצַּד אֲרוֹן בְּרִית-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם; וְהָיָה-שָׁם בְּךָ, לְעֵד.

Deuteronomy 31:26 'Take this book of the law, and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Why is it, by the words of Moses, "A witness against thee"?... in your understanding?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When will you stop making false insinuations and accusations as you have now done again?
False witness and lying is the same as murders coming forth from your mouth.
The lying tongue is an abomination in the eyes of the Father, (Prov 6:16-19).
Why do you not believe the Testimony of the Messiah? (Mt 15:18,19).
It can only mean that you are not truly his, (despite your claims).

You speak like an unsaved Jew.

Zeke

Since you think that you have such a good grasp on the truth then why did you run and hide from given us your meaning of this verse?:

"An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee" (Ex.20:24).

Once again all you prove is that you can talk big but when it comes time to demonstrate your so-called wisdom you come up empty handed, like those who are wells without water.

I never denied that figurative language is used in the Scriptures. But you want to literalize away any verse which contradict your silly ideas!

I guess you cant disern what the letter kills means to those scriptures you want interpreted literally, its called revelation not intellectual dogma that uses the letter to kill the spiritial meaning. Until you get luke 17:20-21 the outward meaning will veil your mind.