"And you are complete in him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

Let see if Steve Perry :freak: and his fan club show up (2 Pe 2:1).
chick_emoticon_sleep_by_pistra.gif

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
When was all authority given to him?

When He accomplished the fulfillment of the Law in HIS flesh, by being the recipient of Gods wrath and by being forsaken by God on Calvary. This way the law is no longer a charge to us, and there is no longer a curse for us as God imbibed in it.

In Jesus we are literally freed from the law and freed from the curse of the law.

But hold your horses.

Don't head on out and do all those things you've wanted to do, like kill, steal, pillage, rape and bring about anarchy.......
(I speak with over emphasis on going wild)

Just be you, and allow the Holy Spirit and gratitude to be a force which transforms you through life, experience and deeper and deeper understanding of Jesus's unconditional Love.

Also note that you are guided by the obligation to extend Christ's Love to all. Nope, perfect expression of His love won't come from us, but again, we will grow and grow.

Per Paul, if you want to look at the basic commands as guides to Love, go forward and be assured.

But in theologically revealing Jesus, the freedom from the law has to be explained. The WHOLE law.

It has no place in the New Covenant of Love!

Neither do we teach it to be followed, and neither do we teach it to be literally transgressed.

We teach the Love of Jesus, and our inability to fulfill it in the flesh. Only He is good.

In context...... This is where Jesus says that all authority is His.....

Matthew 28Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Resurrection Morning
28 After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to view the tomb. 2 Suddenly there was a violent earthquake, because an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and approached the tomb. He rolled back the stone and was sitting on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his robe was as white as snow. 4 The guards were so shaken from fear of him that they became like dead men.

5 But the angel told the women, “Don’t be afraid, because I know you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here! For He has been resurrected, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell His disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead. In fact, He is going ahead of you to Galilee; you will see Him there.’ Listen, I have told you.”

8 So, departing quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, they ran to tell His disciples the news. 9 Just then[a] Jesus met them and said, “Good morning!” They came up, took hold of His feet, and worshiped Him. 10 Then Jesus told them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see Me there.”

The Soldiers Are Bribed to Lie
11 As they were on their way, some of the guards came into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. 12 After the priests had assembled with the elders and agreed on a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money 13 and told them, “Say this, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole Him while we were sleeping.’ 14 If this reaches the governor’s ears,[c] we will deal with[d] him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So they took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been spread among Jewish people to this day.

The Great Commission
16 The 11 disciples traveled to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had directed them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped,[e] but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of[f] all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember,[g] I am with you always,[h] to the end of the age.”

The ONLY Commands Jesus commanded were to love God with all your heart, soul and might, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

You can't love your neighbor if you don't love yourself.

You can't love God if you don't love your neighbor.

God Loves ALL.

By the parable of the Sheep and the goats and the repetition of 1 John, we discover that by Loving our neighbor we Love God.

This is all
So shown in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Note Samaritans were considered filthy idol worshiping sinners in Jesus time.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A correct interpretation of what Paul said would help.

All you have to do is read it!

That's what the word "explicit" means.

It could NOT be any clearer. You are wrong. Live with it or repent! You pick!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All you have to do is read it!

That's what the word "explicit" means.

It could NOT be any clearer. You are wrong. Live with it or repent! You pick!

Ok, let's read it. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:4)

So what did Paul mean by the "end" of the law? The goal of the law was righteousness for everyone who believes.

Paul explains that Jesus condemned sin in the flesh so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 NASB)

Robert Pate

Banned
The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit.

We no longer live by written laws and rules, we live by the Spirit, faith and the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

In the Gospel God sees us as Complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

The law can never do what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

We no longer live by written laws and rules, we live by the Spirit, faith and the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

In the Gospel God sees us as Complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

The law can never do what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

And the congregation says.......

Amen

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For the Christian there are no laws or rules.

A kingdom has a king. The king is the law. What he says goes.

God is not the author of confusion. A government without laws would be chaos.

In addition to a monarch a kingdom must have citizens, land, and laws.

God's kingdom has all four.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Holy Spirit provides us the power to overcome our temptations to sin.

The law is a roadmap to God's kingdom. If we make a wrong turn we must correct our error to reach our goal.

beameup

Do right. :rolleyes: For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God (Ro 8:13–14).

Follow the topic of "walking in the Spirit" through Paul's Epistles and then link it with 1 Corinthians 13.
Romans 8, Galatians 5, etc.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ok, let's read it. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:4)
You should have stopped there.

So what did Paul mean by the "end" of the law?
Just exactly what he said. He meant that it was the end of the law for righteousness sake. That's what he said, that's what he meant. Easy. Any third grader could understand it.

The goal of the law was righteousness for everyone who believes.
NOPE! Just the opposite. Just the EXACT opposite!

Paul explains that Jesus condemned sin in the flesh so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:4 NASB)
AMEN! Paul also explains that He has taken away that which was against us, namely - the law...

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

The law does not bring righteousness but condemnation and death. The ministry of the law is death!

2 Corinthians 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.​

Adam was told "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." Thus the Law and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil had a ministry of death.

In Adam we all died and it was the Law which imputed that death to us...

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

(Note how that verse teaches something quite different than the "Original Sin" doctrine that the Catholics preach. "Death spread to all men BECAUSE all sinned.")​

Romans 5 continues...

15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

The fact that the Tree of Knowledge and the Law share a common ministry is no mere coincidence either! Jesus was hung on a tree becoming a curse for us. Why? Because the Law is a curse! It is THE curse! It is the result, the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”)​

It comes down to this. If we are to follow the Law, Paul was a heretic.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

The same law which condemns the flesh, is life to the Spiritual.

Read Psalm 119.

Christs death did not remove the law, He cancelled the debt of breaking Gods law.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

The same law which condemns the flesh, is life to the Spiritual.

Read Psalm 119.

Christs death did not remove the law, He cancelled the debt of breaking Gods law.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

LA
Already refuted this. Ignoring what I said (or not reading it in the first place) doesn't mean it's not there.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
AMEN! Paul also explains that He has taken away that which was against us, namely - the law...

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Christ did not take the law away.

Christ Himself fulfilled the law.

LA.

daqq

You're a moron. Good bye.

So then, according to your forced understanding of telos from your previous posts, Messiah is also done away with:

Romans 10:4 KJV
4 For Christ is the end
[telos] of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Luke 22:37 KJV
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end
[telos].

G5056 τέλος telos (te'-los) n.
1. (properly)the point aimed at as a limit.
2. (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (a termination).
3. (literally, figuratively or indefinitely) a result.
4. (immediate, ultimate or prophetic) a purpose.
5. (specially) an tax or levy (as paid).
[from a primary tello “to set out for a definite point or goal”]
KJV: + continual, custom, end(-ing), finally, uttermost

According to Clete, who is not a moron, Messiah has come to an end. How much clearer can Clete be? Got it! :)

Meanwhile us morons thankfully understand that Messiah is the POINT AIMED AT in the Torah for righteousness because the Torah is our "schoolmaster" to lead us into Messiah. And the joint-heir, so long as he or she is a child, differs nothing from a slave, though he or she be master of all; but is under Tutors, (Prophets), and Governors, (Torah and Writings), until the time appointed of the Father, (when a child becomes a son). :chuckle:

marhig

You're a moron. Good bye.
This is Paul in Romans 3

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If we have the spirit in our hearts we will obey God; and his laws will be in our hearts and in our minds (Hebrews 10)