An Indian repents modern India’s ingratitude to creator British.

John Mortimer

For a christian...you are not christian [nor ever was] so you don't know.

So do you know from personal experience that for every Christian, to carry Hinduism is "like a great millstone to drag around"?

It seems to me you are making general statements about other people's subjective experience based upon your own subjective experience. Is that fair?
Your decision to accept any particular set of interpretations of the Bible is your own subjective experience. You cannot seriously claim any objective reality for your statements about other people and their subjective experiences, since you are not those people. Again, is that fair?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Presidents come and go...America is engaged in dominionship as much as any empire was.

Scotland will not vote to leave the UK

I'm British, just the land ownership of the queen sickens me to my core, and I agree - Scotland, unfortunately for them will not leave.#

We've taxed and corrupted them to a point where they couldn't make a transition without a decline in quality of life, plus the corporate interests there won't have it.

John Mortimer

I'm British, just the land ownership of the queen sickens me to my core, and I agree - Scotland, unfortunately for them will not leave.#

We've taxed and corrupted them to a point where they couldn't make a transition without a decline in quality of life, plus the corporate interests there won't have it.

We shall see... as a Scotsman who genuinely loves England and the English people I will be voting for independence. And I know many others who feel the same way.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So do you know from personal experience that for every Christian, to carry Hinduism is "like a great millstone to drag around"?

It seems to me you are making general statements about other people's subjective experience based upon your own subjective experience. Is that fair?
Your decision to accept any particular set of interpretations of the Bible is your own subjective experience. You cannot seriously claim any objective reality for your statements about other people and their subjective experiences, since you are not those people. Again, is that fair?

Yes from personal knowledge of God...we can afford to sound arrogant, because we know. We are not those who change opinions as they change their clothes.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
knowing is better than opinions...if somebody placed a diamond in your hand you would not merely have an opinion about diamonds....you sure would shun a paste.

John Mortimer

knowing is better than opinions...if somebody placed a diamond in your hand you would not merely have an opinion about diamonds....you sure would shun a paste.

:)
If somebody placed a diamond in my hand, TL, I would not have the knowledge to know whether it was real or paste.
To know that one does not know is part of the child-like state.

I hope you haven't been feeling like I've been "getting at you", TL... I feel well disposed toward you, honestly. It's just that there won't be much point in me trying to discuss anything with you if you do have the conviction that what you believe is the truth and anything anyone says that doesn't exactly match up with that is plain wrong. Far better to let you say what you want to say without reply.

Namaste. I bow to God in you. Best wishes :)