ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

God's Truth

hahahaha

Didn't the apostles come across anyone who obeyed and they needed to rebuked for obeying Jesus? hahaha

Peter and James came across people like you, so you would think that at least one came across someone like me to rebuke for obeying. lol

Here is what Peter and James says about your beliefs: 2 Peter 316, 17, and James 2:1, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

God's Truth

The free gift of eternal life (Ro.6:23). is given to those who believe:

The message of the free gift is given to those who DO RIGHT:

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Why did you leave off those scriptures?

God's Truth

It is also a fact that once the LORD gives this gift of eternal life he will not take it back:

"for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable" (Ro.11:29).​

All you know is what a false teacher taught you.

That scripture you just quoted, it is about Paul explaining how the Jews still have a chance to be saved.

The people must have thought the Jews were cut off forever, but Paul assures them they are not.

Danoh

They need to be read with wisdom and that means an experienced Christian, a mentor, a guide. For ex., 'sell all you have and give to the poor' was said to one ruler in 1st century Judea. That does not make it apply to all christians everywhere at all times. It applies to his kind of problems, presumptions.

Yeah; okay.

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

In short...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Jerry Shugart

All you know is what a false teacher taught you.

That scripture you just quoted, it is about Paul explaining how the Jews still have a chance to be saved.

So are you arguing that the gift of eternal life is revocable even though Paul says that the LORD's gifts are irrevokable?

"for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable"
(Ro.11:29).​

God's Truth

So are you arguing that the gift of eternal life is revocable even though Paul says that the LORD's gifts are irrevokable?

That is about the Jews as a nation of people. Paul is explaining that a whole race of people are not cut off forever.

Jerry Shugart

God only gives His Spirit and understanding to those who obey.

Again, you deny the things which are "freely" given to us.

You also deny the fact that the Spirit comes to those who believe:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"
(Gal.3:1-3).​

Here we see that the Spirit is received by faith. According to your foolish ideas no one can receive the Spirit except by obeying, which is something which is done through the flesh.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Did you read how Paul says not having his own righteousness WHICH IS OF THE LAW?

That is about HOW THE JEWS USED TO HAVE to make/work at making THEMSELVES righteous before God, they got circumcised and did the other purification/ceremonial works. THAT IS HOW THE LAW said to do it...

Here Paul speaks of "the works of law" and according to him the law is the knowledge of sin:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

It is the moral law which is the knowledge of sin, as witnessed by what Paul said later in the same epistle:

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet" (Ro.7:7).​

Paul says that it was the moral law (thou shalt not covet) which resulted in him having the knowledge of sin. So in the following verse when Paul refers to "law" he is referring to the moral law:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Therefore, Paul is saying that no one is declared righteous in the eyes of God by keeping the moral law. then just eight verses later Paul makes it plain that a person's justification is apart from the works of the same law, the moral law:

"therefore do we reckon a man to be declared righteous by faith, apart from works of law"
(Ro.3:28).​

According to your ideas the "works of law" refers to the ceremonial law but there is no evidence at all that those ordinances resulted in anyone receiving the knowledge of sin. But you will deny what Paul says about the works of law at Romans 3:20 being in regard to the moral law because your denial of the grace of God is based on that discredited idea!

So when Paul says the following about his own righteous the reference is to the moral law, not the ceremonial law, as you imagine:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

That is about the Jews as a nation of people. Paul is explaining that a whole race of people are not cut off forever.

So you are denying what is so plain in the Scriptures, that the LORD's gifts are irrevocable:

You prove over and over that you have absolutely no respect for the Scriptures and the only things which you respect are your ungodly ideas!

God's Truth

Here Paul speaks of "the works of law" and according to him the law is the knowledge of sin:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).

Since Jesus, it is no longer of the works of the law, the purification works.

Don’t you understand that the people used to have to do the righteous works for purification?

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

It is the moral law which is the knowledge of sin, as witnessed by what Paul said later in the same epistle:

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet" (Ro.7:7).

Paul is explaining in a much exaggerated way what it was like to try to follow the law without faith.

There were people who obeyed the law BLAMELESSLY.

Luke 1:6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly.
Paul says that it was the moral law (thou shalt not covet) which resulted in him having the knowledge of sin. So in the following verse when Paul refers to "law" he is referring to the moral law:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).

Paul speaks about the law as a whole and you ought to know when it is the ceremonial versus the moral. Remember, it was morally right to obey God and do the ceremonial works, as God commanded.

Therefore, Paul is saying that no one is declared righteous in the eyes of God by keeping the moral law. then just eight verses later Paul makes it plain that a person's justification is apart from the works of the same law, the moral law:

Hahahahahahaha Paul is not putting down obeying God.

I gave you scriptures that plainly say we are righteous for what we do.

Here they are again.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

You just misunderstand Paul about works.

Tell me what it is that Peter is speaking about when he says people misunderstand Paul? Lol
I have asked you that many times and you refuse to answer.
Peter is speaking about people misunderstanding Paul about no works and Peter warns us to obey.

"therefore do we reckon a man to be declared righteous by faith, apart from works of law" (Ro.3:28).

According to your ideas the "works of law" refers to the ceremonial law but there is no evidence at all that those ordinances resulted in anyone receiving the knowledge of sin. But you will deny what Paul says about the works of law at Romans 3:20 being in regard to the moral law because your denial of the grace of God is based on that discredited idea!

So when Paul says the following about his own righteous the reference is to the moral law, not the ceremonial law, as you imagine:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil.3:9).

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Did you read that?
The righteousness that comes from the law---all the purification works one used to have to do

Just read how Paul says the righteousness that comes by FAITH.

Don’t you see? The righteousness that comes by faith is about Jesus cleaning us with his blood just by our believing it does. That is about purification works for righteousness.

In case you are still wondering, think about this: God did not nail obeying Him to the cross.

God's Truth

The righteous works of the law are the purification works the Jews used to have to do THEMSELVES.

The righteousness by faith that comes from Jesus means Jesus now cleans us.

God's Truth

Again, you deny the things which are "freely" given to us.

You also deny the fact that the Spirit comes to those who believe:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

Here we see that the Spirit is received by faith. According to your foolish ideas no one can receive the Spirit except by obeying, which is something which is done through the flesh.

You do not have to move to humble yourself as a child.

You do not have to move to forgive others.

You do not have to move to repent of your sins.

...but you will NEVER ENTER...you will NEVER BE FORGIVEN BY GOD, if you do not obey those things first.

God's Truth

So you are denying what is so plain in the Scriptures, that the LORD's gifts are irrevocable:

You prove over and over that you have absolutely no respect for the Scriptures and the only things which you respect are your ungodly ideas!

Paul is explaining how the Jews who had the gifts and calling first and now CUT OFF are ABLE to get grafted back in.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Did you read that Jerry Shugart?

Did you read that?

It is just six scriptures above the one you do not understand.

It is about the Jews still being able to get saved and how God's call is not irrevocable concerning them.

Jerry Shugart

Since Jesus, it is no longer of the works of the law, the purification works.

Don’t you understand that the people used to have to do the righteous works for purification?

Why do you quote my words and then just ignore them? I proved that the "works of law" referred to in this verse are in regard to the moral law and not the purification works:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin"
(Ro.3:20).​

I showed in the same epistle that Paul made it plain that it was the moral law which gave him the knowledge of the law. And since you have no answer for that you just ignore those facts and change the subject as fast as you can in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer.

You did not even attempt to defend your view that the words "works of law" refer to purification law.

All you do is to run away from the truth as fast as you can!

Jerry Shugart

Did you read that Jerry Shugart?

I read that you are denying that the truth that the LORD will not revoke the gifts He gives to believers despite the fact that Paul says that he will not:

"for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable" (Ro.11:29).​

This does not say just some gifts are irrevocable, as you imagaine! Instead he says that God's gifts are irrevocable. And that includes the "gift of eternal life"(Ro.6:23), the same gift which Christians now enjoy (1 Jn.5:11).

And the Lord Jesus says that all those to whom he gives eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28).

Are you willing to argue that the Christians who have been given eternal life can perish?

Jerry Shugart

...but you will NEVER ENTER...you will NEVER BE FORGIVEN BY GOD, if you do not obey those things first.

Are you really so uninformed that you do not even know that a person receives the forgiveness of sins when they believe (Acts 10:43). Your silly ideas are contradicted by the Scriptures at every turn including what you foolishly said here:

God only gives His Spirit and understanding to those who obey.

Here we see that the Spirit comes to those who believe that the Spirit comes to those who believe, not to those who obey, as you imagine:

Here we see that the Spirit is received by faith. According to your foolish ideas no one can receive the Spirit except by obeying. Do you never read the Scriptures or do you read them and then deny what they say?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That does not mean you do not have to obey Jesus.
Think about it harder.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.(19)For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Did you read that?
ONE, not two.
How you get that you can just add another to that one?
ONE, not two.
Try to believe that first so that you can understand more

glorydaz

Why do you quote my words and then just ignore them? I proved that the "works of law" referred to in this verse are in regard to the moral law and not the purification works:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin"
(Ro.3:20).​

I showed in the same epistle that Paul made it plain that it was the moral law which gave him the knowledge of the law. And since you have no answer for that you just ignore those facts and change the subject as fast as you can in the hope that no one will notice that you have no answer.

You did not even attempt to defend your view that the words "works of law" refer to purification law.

All you do is to run away from the truth as fast as you can!

Amen. :thumb:

She has to run away from that one, Jerry, because it is the foundation on which she's built her false faith. You've just explained it better than I've yet seen....clear as a bell, but she really has to run away lest she prove herself a charlatan.