Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The media wants us to feel sorry for the boy who got arrested for building a "clock" that was mistaken for a bomb.

(CNN)When Ahmed Mohamed went to his high school in Irving, Texas, Monday, he was so excited. A teenager with dreams of becoming an engineer, he wanted to show his teacher the digital clock he'd made from a pencil case.

The 14-year-old's day ended not with praise, but punishment, after the school called police and he was arrested.

"I built a clock to impress my teacher but when I showed it to her, she thought it was a threat to her," Ahmed told reporters Wednesday. "It was really sad that she took the wrong impression of it."

Ahmed talked to the media gathered on his front yard and appeared to wear the same NASA T-shirt he had on in a picture taken as he was being arrested. In the image, he looks confused and upset as he's being led out of school in handcuffs.

"They arrested me and they told me that I committed the crime of a hoax bomb, a fake bomb," the freshman later explained to WFAA after authorities released him.

All I can say is if any kid brought this device into my kids class I would hope the teachers would take action. (See attached)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This entire story smells of BS doesn't it?

The dad, the sister, it seems they were all in on this hoping to get some victim status and causing an uproar.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
yep, it is total bull and grandstanding, imo to numb us all down to Islams violence, to create false persecution and perhaps even make us look the other way when see things that aren't right committed by Muslims.

I posted this in another thread about this:

Excellent article on this, that makes you :think:

Ahmed Mohamed and the ‘Islamophobia’ Clock

Especially this part:

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the question of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

He finally has the cause he has been seeking for so long. School officials were being prudent, protecting the children. Irving, Texas has had its share of jihad and sharia. Two Muslim sisters, Amina and Sarah Said, were honor murdered by their father, execution-style, in Irving several years ago. He is still at large. And Irving, Texas is only half an hour from Garland, Texas – the site of a jihad shooting on a free speech event last May. And the news is regularly riddled with stories of young Muslims, all lovely, sweet achievers, who suddenly — go jihad.

This story is pure agitprop most fatal. “If you see something, say something” is now racism. And for destroying this simple principle of self-protection, young Ahmed Mohamed is a media star. Not only has Barack Obama invited him to the White House, but NASA has also invited Ahmed to meet with them, as has Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook. The whole thing has clearly been a setup, and its effect will be to make Americans less safe. If you ever see a Muslim with a suspicious object, remember the lesson of Ahmed Mohamed: to say something would be “racism.” That could end up being the epitaph of America and the free world.

Good article worth reading.

StanJ

The media wants us to feel sorry for the boy who got arrested for building a "clock" that was mistaken for a bomb.
All I can say is if any kid brought this device into my kids class I would hope the teachers would take action. (See attached)

Only a moron would mistake what this kid brought to class as a bomb, or a really paranoid and prejudiced person. If you kids teacher did the same thing, he would be just as moronic.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This entire story smells of BS doesn't it?

The dad, the sister, it seems they were all in on this hoping to get some victim status and causing an uproar.
I thought it smelled funny when I saw the picture and the person was saying it was a clock.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
MacArthur Principal Letter to Parents

I recommend using this opportunity to talk with your child about the Student Code of Conduct and specifically not bringing items to school that are prohibited. Also, this is a good time to remind your child how important it is to immediately report any suspicious items and/or suspicious behavior they observe to any school employee so we can address it right away. We will always take necessary precautions to protect our students.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only a moron would mistake what this kid brought to class as a bomb, or a really paranoid and prejudiced person. If you kids teacher did the same thing, he would be just as moronic.
Really?

Here is a comparison between a what the kid made and a real suitcase bomb.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But I guess one contains explosives ....

One is a timing device.

Minor difference

oh, point out the explosives in the second one, i don't see them.

Are you actually denying they look extremely similar - enough so that there should be concern with anything even hinting at resembling one, needs to be checked out?

Or should we wait till one explodes to know for sure?

This Charming Manc

The point is made more eloquently can I can make it here

bomb.jpg

If the teachers thought there was a serious risk that it was a bomb and didn't evacuate the school they need sacking.

If the teachers didn't think it was a bomb, they should be ashamed of there treatment of this boy.

oh, point out the explosives in the second one, i don't see them.

Are you actually denying they look extremely similar - enough so that there should be concern with anything even hinting at resembling one, needs to be checked out?

Or should we wait till one explodes to know for sure?

This Charming Manc

Status
Not open for further replies.