ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

God's Truth

Very well...

I am sorry...

I thought you were saved, until you made your position clear - that you have to do something to get, as well as to stay... saved.

I believe a part of your heart is right, but your head - your understanding - together with the balance of your heart [pride], is wrong.

You neither understand some things, nor accept needed correction.

Nuff said, for now...

I do not think that you are saved either, not in this life.

God's Truth

This is so important, and why those who trust in their own obedience are not justified before God.

If you do not do what Jesus says, then you will be thrown out with the unbelievers.

Luke 12:47 The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

God's Truth

2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

Paul speaking of the circumcision.

I do not ever tell people to get circumcised.

God's Truth

Patrick Jane, I didn't see your reply and wanted to make sure you saw the question.

It is. See how the devil works in his subtil ways to misdirect? With Paul came new details not previously revealed. You have to ask yourself PJ, what you believe. Do you believe God, or do you believe what people say about God?

Things are in the Bible because God wants them in it. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Paul did not preach things never before known! What Paul taught was prophesied about in the Old Testament!

Interplanner

But there were things not previously known to be in Christ. Judaism thought they were going to be true in the plain, ordinary sense. For ex., the new temple. It never dreamed the temple would be a living, transcultural thing. Once you get used to a shadow image, it is hard to realize it is just a shadow of a reality (Col 2, Hebrews).

Last edited:

Interplanner

Circumcision is an external sign of a covenant that you demand people keep. So in your attempt at misdirection, you actually stepped in it. Well done, idiot.

Do you mean God'sT does demand it or should demand it? I'm not sure where you're saying he's gone wrong.

Medical Circumcision has no relevance to faith and the Gospel anymore.

God's Truth

Circumcision is an external sign of a covenant that you demand people keep. So in your attempt at misdirection, you actually stepped in it. Well done, idiot.

God no longer demands circumcision of the flesh. Since God does not demand it anymore, and Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets, circumcision is mutilation of the flesh.

God's Truth

But there were things not previously known to be in Christ. Judaism thought they were going to be true in the plain, ordinary sense. For ex., the new temple.
That is what the Jews who were cut off believed; however, there was a remnant saved by grace...grace is accessed by faith.
God cut off the Jews who did not have faith in Him, and God cut them off before Jesus started his earthly ministry. It does not take faith to do the ceremonial works; for instance, a Jew could sin, give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for his sins, yet that Jew was doing right by obeying the ceremonial works that God had commanded.

God did not like it when the Jews who would sin, then give a sin offering but not really be sorry. Those Jews were cut off when Jesus started his earthly ministry.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

It never dreamed the temple would be a living, transcultural thing. Once you get used to a shadow image, it is hard to realize it is just a shadow of a reality (Col 2, Hebrews).

The Old Testament was about earthly man, and the New Testament/New Covenant is about what is Spiritual.

In the Old Testament, people were called a child of God because of whom they were blood related, and because they had the ceremonial works of the law, such as circumcision, and those works were NOT based on faith; but, now, we do not even have access to God unless we have faith.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ is the Good News.

And?

Luke 9:6 KJV

Your father, the devil, told you to assert that your "spiritual" brother, Judas, preached "Jesus Christ is the Good News."

That's satanism.

You wicked demon, with your made up "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" scam/spam.

And get off this thread-it's reserved for members of the body of Christ, demon.

God's Truth

And?

Luke 9:6 KJV

Your father, the devil, told you to assert that your "spiritual" brother, Judas, preached "Jesus Christ is the Good News."

That's satanism.

You wicked demon, with your made up "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" scam/spam.

And get off this thread-it's reserved for members of the body of Christ, demon.

You hate me because I tell others to obey Jesus. Who is the demon?

john w

Hall of Fame
You hate me because I tell others to obey Jesus. Who is the demon?

No, God the Father hates you, and your father the devil, with a perfect hate, for trying to scam others with satan's "only one piece of good news in the bible" con job/spam, that you made up, you demon.