ECT Acronyms for those debating MAD

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

So you think that you are to follow in the footsteps of twelve apostles for the twelve tribes? Or the ONE apostle for the ONE body?

Do you teach the law, like Jesus commanded them to teach? Matt 12:1-3

And YET Paul received his instructions directly from the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD JESUS CHRIST. That's a little different than most, wouldn't you say.

Why do you call it "the Great Commission" (caps and all)? Oh, that's right, the traditions of churchianity.

What's with th' itty-bitty writin'?

MarleneJ

All that time and you have just now heard of dispensations in scripture?
Welcome to TOL where you might learn something.

I suppose it depends upon whether you use a good translation or some mistranslation. and/or the original languages!

Here is what ESV, NIV and HCSB say about how many times the word "dispensations" is found:

0 Bible results for “dispensations.” Biblegateway.com
But I do think that I can learn something here, for sure! Always helps to hear a new perspective, and from the people who believe in it!

DAN P

All that time and you have just now heard of dispensations in scripture?
Welcome to TOL where you might learn something.

Hi Marlene , and you will find the DISPENSATION ON THE FOLLOWING VERSE !!

#1 , In Acts 20:24

#2 , In Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

#3 In Eph 3:2 !!

#4 And here is a good one , Eph 1:10 the dispensation of FULNESS of Time !!

#5 Col 1:25 !!

#6 , And in 1 Tim 1:4 where their is a missed translation !!

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I suppose it depends upon whether you use a good translation or some mistranslation. and/or the original languages!

Here is what ESV, NIV and HCSB say about how many times the word "dispensations" is found:

But I do think that I can learn something here, for sure! Always helps to hear a new perspective, and from the people who believe in it!
@heir and @Tambora can show you with scripture @steko too

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV - Romans 16:25-26 KJV -

MarleneJ

cool beans,I'm not pre/ad70 at all I'm a colossians 1:15-18 Dispie leaning toward 9 but not really because it all begins there,and not that the whole Thing to be known begins there,but because the portion that appertains to us leads us there.

You said that you have studied the original languages in your former post and I've been searching for another to converse with,with this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...xy._LXVI_4499.jpg/250px-P._Oxy._LXVI_4499.jpg can you read it?

Hmm! My eyes really had problems with that. Yes, I am old, with cataracts and going blind in one eye from a mole.

What is this a pic of? Which early manuscript?

For me, not being a manuscript expert, there seem to be too little of the whole words to figure out what the words are. Plus, in the second row, at the end, there appears to be the letter "c" which is not in the Greek alphabet.

This is what I got, transliterated, but nothing that seems to be a word.

ARANOG
ECHI ?C
?OOR
ACHOYEA
G?OG
TONKOG

That is all I can make sense of, and I don't see any parts of words I know. I do only know greater than 10 occurances in the NT words, and a number of lesser frequency words that are important for theology. So there are many, many Greek words I do not know right now, because they never appear in the NT. It is my desire to read the Septuagint, where I will be challenged with many more words!

Sorry I could not be of more help!

PS. Col 1:15-18 Excellent hymn of praise!

MarleneJ

So, what was your name when you were here before?

As to the spelling mistake, I blame my IPad. I took off autocorrect because it was driving me crazy, and now it doesn't catch anything! LOL

As to being here before, not so much! But I will take that as a compliment, to mean I seem to be fitting in well.

Someone in another forum posted the link here, who I think might believe in MAD. I do agree with him on quite a few things, so I thought I would find out what it was all about. Esp. since that forum had been taken more or less over by some people from a cult that was simply, wrong, wrong wrong. Not biblical, at all!

I would have been here sooner, if I had only known!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
KJV

dispensation
1Cor 9:17
Eph 1:10
Eph 3:2
Col 1:25

steward
Luk 16:3
Luk 16:8
Tit 1:7

stewardship
Luk 6:2-4

THAYER's GREEK DEFINITIONS​
G3622​
οἰκονομία
oikonomia
1) the management of a household or of household affairs​
1a) specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other’s property​
1b) the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship​
1c) administration, dispensation​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

@heir and @Tambora can show you with scripture @steko too

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV - Romans 16:25-26 KJV -

KJV

dispensation
1Cor 9:17
Eph 1:10
Eph 3:2
Col 1:25

steward
Luk 16:3
Luk 16:8
Tit 1:7

stewardship
Luk 6:2-4

THAYER's GREEK DEFINITIONS​
G3622​
οἰκονομία
oikonomia
1) the management of a household or of household affairs​
1a) specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other’s property​
1b) the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship​
1c) administration, dispensation​

Good citing, Tam!

Gen 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

As Eliezer was the faithful Steward of Abram's house in later finding a wife for Isaac Gen 24:1-67 , so the Lord Jesus speaks of faithful stewards in the same way.

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

"oikonómos; gen. oikonómou, masc. noun from oíkos (G3624), house, and némō (n.f., see aponémō [G632]), to deal out, distribute, apportion. An administrator, a person who manages the domestic affairs of a family, business, or minor, a treasurer, a chamberlain of a city, a house manager, overseer, steward." Complete Word Study- Spiros Zodhiates

Likewise, Paul was given a particular dispensation/administration- oikonomia/oikos-house, nomos-law. It's where we get the English word 'economy'.

Paul was given an administration that was new and distinct from the one that the Lord gave the twelve.

1Co 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation is committed unto me.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Interplanner

Good citing, Tam!

Gen 15:2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

As Eliezer was the faithful Steward of Abram's house in later finding a wife for Isaac Gen 24:1-67 , so the Lord Jesus speaks of faithful stewards in the same way.

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

"oikonómos; gen. oikonómou, masc. noun from oíkos (G3624), house, and némō (n.f., see aponémō [G632]), to deal out, distribute, apportion. An administrator, a person who manages the domestic affairs of a family, business, or minor, a treasurer, a chamberlain of a city, a house manager, overseer, steward." Complete Word Study- Spiros Zodhiates

Likewise, Paul was given a particular dispensation/administration- oikonomia/oikos-house, nomos-law. It's where we get the English word 'economy'.

Paul was given an administration that was new and distinct from the one that the Lord gave the twelve.

1Co 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation is committed unto me.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

The problem is Heir missed v5 when making his/her distinction between the 12 and Paul. ALL THESE KINDS OF DISTINCTIONS IN THE NT ARE BETWEEN THE GOSPEL AND JUDAISM. The recipient of the promises and fellowship etc was all known since 'in your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' The problem was whether it came through the Law or the Gospel. Gal 3:17 says someone tried to switch this. Go figure that out.

Interplanner

Hmm! My eyes really had problems with that. Yes, I am old, with cataracts and going blind in one eye from a mole.

For me, not being a manuscript expert, there seem to be too little of the whole words to figure out what the words are. Plus, in the second row, at the end, there appears to be the letter "c" which is not in the Greek alphabet.

ARANOG
ECHI ?C
?OOR
ACHOYEA
G?OG
TONKOG

That is all I can make sense of, and I don't see any parts of words I know. I do only know greater than 10 occurances in the NT words, and a number of lesser frequency words that are important for theology. So there are many, many Greek words I do not know right now, because they never appear in the NT. It is my desire to read the Septuagint, where I will be challenged with many more words!

Welcome to the debate room, Marlenej.

Interplanner

To whitestone:
there is piles of material to research in the 2500 quotes of the OT by the NT. What is the use of spending time on the scrap?

whitestone

ARANOG
ECHI ?C
?OOR
ACHOYEA
G?OG
TONKOG

I understand I have to wear reading glasses my self and use a magnifying glass lol. In actuality you understood more than most I have ask about it.

In the late 80's I purchased one of the Strong's exhaustive concordances and began looking up the different words/wording as you described(the important things,controversial ect.) and the same as you I would not describe mine own self as an master of the Greek or Hebrew by any means. I do find it amusing to pull out a fragment at times when someone says they can read Greek or can interpret it and who knows maybe I'll find what I'm looking for. So far I've found three others who could discuss it in depth but none are preterit and that is who I am seeking to find to discuss it with.

The fragment is p115 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#616 and was first put on the internet in about 1995. I myself do not think it to be an copy of the book of Revelation but instead it is more probable that it is one of the "commentaries,so called" that Irenaeus spoke of in A.H.1-5 because of several "earmarks" on the fragment "H" "upper case eta" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eta which is on the third line from the top (looks like) "H XIC". So examining the text in Greek reveals something odd in that "H" is not the last letter of the word preceding it. Irenaeus in A.H. stated that they(Valentinus/gnostic) had changed the "iota and eta" in his commentaries reducing the number by 50 from 666 to 616. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentinus_(Gnostic). The "C" you are referring to on the third line is the extinct letter digamma https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digamma or stigma's cursive form.

whitestone

To whitestone:
there is piles of material to research in the 2500 quotes of the OT by the NT. What is the use of spending time on the scrap?

lol, Louis de alcasar ,Hugo Grotius both used Gematria to render the number 616(Latin)and or 666 back and forth thats what has everyone trying to calculate Nero,Caesar ect. into those scriptures. It seems though that Gnostic writings attempted this first but were using the first two letters of the Lords name "iota,eta" trying to calculate it.

You said to me that it would not change your theology either way but if you say that this has already been fulfilled prior to ad70(DofJ) then if the wrath of God was poured out on those who received the mark as it states in the Revelation then someone had to receive it before ad70.

Now if Caesar/Rome/Nero is the beast and no one is suppose to receive his money/mark or worship his image well then Israel printed their own money and revolted,so they didn't receive his mark or bow down to him better known as "Jewish revolt".

Again if Rome/Caesar/Nero is the actual beast and Romans 13 says to pay tithes to them and that they (Christians) are to honor the power over them,as if from God's authority then aren't they telling them to receive the mark of the beast? I don't think they were myself but then I'm not the one saying this was fulfilled before ad70...

SaulToPaul 2

The problem is Heir missed v5 when making his/her distinction between the 12 and Paul. ALL THESE KINDS OF DISTINCTIONS IN THE NT ARE BETWEEN THE GOSPEL AND JUDAISM. The recipient of the promises and fellowship etc was all known since 'in your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' The problem was whether it came through the Law or the Gospel. Gal 3:17 says someone tried to switch this. Go figure that out.
:chuckle:

Danoh

The consistent sloppiness in observation you have come to be known for is showing again, IP.

One, heir is not Tambora.

Two, both are females.

Three, it was Tam that posted what you are responding to heir about.

Three, what you continually fail to notice about Gal. 3:17 is what your bias also blinds you from seeing the equally obvious reality of.

That just as the Law, because it was 400 years after; cannot disannul the UNconditional promise (singular) made Abraham 400 years earlier; it also cannot disannul those other, also UNconditional promises (plural) not only made to Abraham, but repeated Isaac, and Jacob concerning a Land AND a physical, multiplied seed out of Jacob (those of Jacob in Isaac spiritually).

And these UNconditional promises (plural) were handed down through Israel.

Said UNconditional promises had been exactly what Moses reminded God of when God said to Moses He was going to wipe out Israel and start over with a nation through Moses.

But Paul's mention of Abraham continues to prove many, even among some Mads, do not know how to properly distinguish those finer distinctions between the things that differ, and there is no reasoning with a mind seared in its mistakes.

Especially...yours, IP.