THall

they are mad
and
they are stupid

No.

They are mad because they are intelligent,
and paying attention to the Republican
lawyer career politician thieves stealing from
them and pretending to be conservatives.

RINO disease pure and simple.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
no winners
just losers

trump
paul
carson

some didn't hurt themselves

jeb
huckabe
cruz
rubio
kasich

some didn't help themselves

walker
christie

huge missing question

what did clinton and trump talk about in may?

RevTestament

Chrys while your support for the Republican party in an effort to reverse abortion is a noteworthy effort, I have to conclude that in actuality in order to enact any lasting change we have to have the majority of the public on the side of pro-life or any changes will be short-lived, so in this regard I believe the following poster said it well:

For years we have been told that we must elect Republicans, not matter what their shortcomings and failings, because at least they are pro-life and will do something to reduce the abortion rate. We must elect Republican presidents, we are continually told, so that they can appoint pro-life Supreme Court justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade. How has this strategy worked out? It is utterly failed. Don’t let Republicans play the pro-life card against you anymore. Stop being persuaded by their emotional appeals about the horrors of abortion. If you are going to vote Republican (God forbid), then at least don’t do it because you think that them claiming to be pro-life will make a difference. If you really want to end abortion, then you must persuade women to not get abortions. This is not China. No woman has to get an abortion. There are organizations that will care for pregnant women who want to give up their baby for adoption. Find them and recommend them. You can do more to reduce abortions than any Republican politician, pro-life organization, Supreme Court justice, congressional legislation, constitutional amendment, etc.

amen and amen

I say “claim” because that’s all Republicans need to do to satisfy each other. If Republicans truly were pro-life, they’d have passed a one-paragraph statute when they ran the Congress and George W. Bush was in the White House that legally defined a fetus in the womb as a natural person.

They didn't because that wasn't brought up as an issue or at least one that wouldn't drag up the possibility that the majority would get angry. I think Republicans realize that pro-life is really not a "majority" issue so they kowtow to it, but never propose any concrete change so even if you aren't a republican "whore" on the issue, I can see why you engender so much angst about the issue. I am inclined to agree with Dr Brumley. If you really want change it will have to come about at a grass-roots level, and public support for pro-choice will have to eroded. Politicians are rarely able to change public opinion. As Dr Brumley noted we have had Republican majorities before, and nothing on pro-life was done.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They didn't because that wasn't brought up as an issue or at least one that wouldn't drag up the possibility that the majority would get angry. I think Republicans realize that pro-life is really not a "majority" issue so they kowtow to it, but never propose any concrete change so even if you aren't a republican "whore" on the issue, I can see why you engender so much angst about the issue. I am inclined to agree with Dr Brumley. If you really want change it will have to come about at a grass-roots level, and public support for pro-choice will have to eroded. Politicians are rarely able to change public opinion. As Dr Brumley noted we have had Republican majorities before, and nothing on pro-life was done.

why do you think it is that easy?
forget what drbrumley said
do you know how the senate works?
they need 60 votes to do anything significant
can you show me when the republicans had 60 votes in the senate?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You say that as though you wouldn't vote him ... based solely on the fact that he is a Republican.

I have already said that I would vote for trump
if
he was nominated by the republicans

not because he is a republican
but
because I don't want to see a democrat elected

why can't you get this?

RevTestament

why do you think it is that easy?
forget what drbrumley said
do you know how the senate works?
they need 60 votes to do anything significant
can you show me when the republicans had 60 votes in the senate?
They actually did under Clinton.
Maybe that says something about the uphill battle on the issue -
If a majority really was pro-life in the public, how come we can't seem to get a majority pro-life in the government? These days politicians conform to their perception of the majority public opinion. Rarely do they try to shape it. That doesn't mean they necessarily agree with it all the time, but it is politics to get elected. Ever since sex ed was instituted, pro-life has been on the losing side of the battle. IMHO that has to be changed in order for a "political" solution to have any traction - at least long-term.