ECT A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

God's Truth

Okay, great, sounds reasonable and logical.
So, the churches are full of people who are nonbelievers!

NO! ... many BACs have been deceived by churches which are FAST ASLEEP.
The pastors of these churches have failed in their duty to teach the sheep properly.

BACs who are habitual unrepentant sinners will NOT enter heaven!
Unless they manage to sincerely repent BEFORE they die.

I agree, the churches don't stress how we have to obey. There is so much power in obeying Jesus' words, his commands are not irksome, and obeying his words is wonderful.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.

Right Divider

Body part
I agree, the churches don't stress how we have to obey. There is so much power in obeying Jesus' words, his commands are not irksome, and obeying his words is wonderful.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.
And yet you do not follow all of His commands. You are a complete hypocrite. Matthew 23:1-3 KJV

ZacharyB

Isn't it incredible how nasty people can get ...
when they are presented with uncomfortable spiritual truths!

God's Truth

You keep changing the rules.

You said that we must obey ALL of Jesus' commandments.

Make up your twisted mind.

You have to be able to be reasoned with.

Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

way 2 go

God considers that:
True saving belief and true saving faith results in
true saving obedience, which includes true saving works.

Remember James who kept saying that faith without works is dead faith.

And let's not forget that Jesus said 4 times in John 14:
"Those who love Me will obey My commandments."
Is anyone welcome in heaven who doesn't love Jesus?

grace faith no works
1st covenant
promise
Gen 15:5
Gen 15:6

need for a 2nd covenant to add works
promise
Gen 17:5
Gen 17:6
Gen 17:7

in the new testament we go from works to no works
with Paul and his Mid Acts dispensation

link to chickenman's post:

• Because the masses still rejected Him, God put a halt to the prophesied timeline of delivering the kingdom to them. He relegated the chosen nation to the status of the disobedient Gentile nations, thus putting ALL people in the same boat (as opposed to Israel being the preeminent nation).
  • Upon doing so, God called out Paul to be the "apostle to the Gentiles", delivering the "gospel of the uncircumcision" - a message that was different in many ways from that which was previously delivered by those apostles that Jesus chose during His earthly ministry.
  • Jesus Christ from heaven dispensed to Paul a gospel message that was specifically pertinent to the Body of Christ, whereas He had previously from earth dispensed a gospel message to the Twelve that was specifically pertinent to the chosen nation of Israel who awaited their coming tribulation and promised kingdom.
  • These two messages were different. The book of Acts shows the transition away from one to the other and displays the resulting confusion…a confusion which, by the way, still exists today and for pretty much the same reason as back then.
Thanks,
Randy

way 2 go

James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
works were added in Abraham's second covenant

Gen 17:10
Right, they dodn’t have to do the purification/ceremonial works. That means they dodn’t have to be circumcised, adhere to a special diet, do a special bath, and sacrifice an animal.

Mid Acts Dispensation :BillyBob:

God's Truth

works were added in Abraham's second covenant

Gen 17:10

Mid Acts Dispensation :BillyBob:

Abraham obeyed right from the beginning, even before faith was mentioned.

Genesis 12:1
Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you;4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

ZacharyB

in the new testament we go from works to no works
with Paul and his Mid Acts dispensation
I guess you haven't heard ...
God does not consider obedience to be "works"
... unless you want to take into consideration:
“… who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

The many who refuse to practice righteousness are not accepted by Him.
It's the olde story ... "the wages of sin is death".
and ...
Those who are permitted to keep the gift of grace-salvation receive eternal life.
I.E. The Lord can take this gift back.

True saving belief = enduring faith + enduring trust + enduring obedience

Right Divider

Body part
You have to be able to be reasoned with.

Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
CONTEXT... a prophet of Israel pleading with his people to do what God told THEM to do.

way 2 go

Abraham obeyed right from the beginning, even before faith was mentioned.

Genesis 12:1
Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you;4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

so you are now saying people who obey without faith are saved :noway:

God's Truth

so you are now saying people who obey without faith are saved :noway:
Didn't you read Hebrews 11:8?

You have to have obedience and faith. Abraham obeyed God or his faith would have been dead. His faith was even tested when God told him to sacrifice Isaac.