ECT A LIST OF TYPICAL ANTI-CATHOLIC STRAW MEN CORRECTED

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Most people I've met find enough wrong in a church if there is a single sin that the pastor won't correct that they move their membership. Catholics have more wrong with their false religion than they do that is right, yet they keep going to church there. What's up with that? Are they really just that ignorant of Truths from Scripture? :duh:

have you found a church that you agree with?

Aimiel

Nope. Thousands. They're as diverse as the cultures of the world. They all have a different view of God and bring their own perspectives of His Truth. The RCC is empty, dead and profoundly empty of God's Presence. Ichabod is written over the Vatican, in HUGE bold red letters.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I was being facetious. I attend several different churches, none of which is Catholic. I do know several spirit-filled priests, as well as nuns, though they are few and far between.

so what do you do on sunday?

just name one denomination that is acceptable to you

Aimiel

We're talking about RCC heresies... you want to re-direct and point out fault in Christianity rather than deal with the heresies of the RCC harlot. Not gonna' happen.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
WORSHIP MEN(TO HONOUR TO HOLD IN HIGH ESTEEM)

Rev 3:9
9 "Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie-- indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
Luke 14:8-11
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
(KJV)

Mark 12:38-39
38 Then He said to them in His teaching, "Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces,
39 "the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts,
(NKJ)

oatmeal

Then you'll want to click on the link, since it's merely a list of biblical references.

Well, if you are too lazy to type a reply or cut and paste, I am not interested.

Lazy people do not read God's word.

God does not teach lazy people.

He has plenty of people who want to know and are searching for answers, people who gave up on religion, who now seeking truth.

John 5:39

Acts 17:11

Matthew 6:33

resodko

BANNED
Banned
in your avatar, you are wearing one too..

++:)

nope - that's just a loose blouse that you see

i'm wearing yoga pants under it :banana:

:think: do you suppose the pope wears yoga pants under his dress?

why don't YOU?

why don't all the criticizers of the pope live like Jesus did 2000 yrs ago?

why??

don't criticize others unless u are willing to do the thing you criticize them for not doing

no criticism here, just asking questions

You shall make the robe of the ephod all of blue. It shall have in it a hole for the head, with a woven binding around the opening, like the opening in a garment, that may not be torn...

And you shall make a plate of pure gold, and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet, 'Holy to the LORD'. And you shall fasten it on the turban. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead...

And you shall make them for glory and for beauty...

and shall anoint them and ordain them and consecrate them, that they may serve Me as priests.

1. so how come jesus and the apostles dint dress like that?
2. so how come the pope and the bishops don't dress like that?

so what do you do on sunday?

i chopped ice and hauled water

Cruciform

Anti-Christian RCC practices:

Prayers for the dead...
See this.

...Mary-worship...
See this.

...praying to Mary or other dead people...
See this.

...doctrine of purgatory...
See this.

...Latin language to keep parishioners from hearing and understanding The Word of God...
See this.

...Pope as head of church...
See this.

...idols (statues, crucifixes, paintings, buildings)...
See this.

...celibacy of priests...
See this.

...rosary...
See this.

...selling indulgences...
"Selling" indulgences has never been a doctrine of the Catholic Church. Rather, it was an abuse of indulgences committed by some ecclesial leaders during the late Renaissance Period, and was corrected at that time. Trying to use it as an argument against Catholicism today is to engage in a glaring historical anachronism. Try again.

...transubstantiation...
See this.

...adoration of wafer...
Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since no Catholic adores a wafer. Rather, we adore the manifest presence of Jesus Christ which has replaced the host. Try again.

...7 sacraments...
See this.

...immaculate conception...
See this.

...papal infallibility...
See this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Most people I've met find enough wrong in a church if there is a single sin that the pastor won't correct that they move their membership. Catholics have more wrong with their false religion than they do that is right, yet they keep going to church there. What's up with that? Are they really just that ignorant of Truths from Scripture?
You're confusing the fallible opinions (traditions) taught to you by your chosen man-made non-Catholic sect with "truths from Scripture." Big difference there.

Cruciform

Nope. Thousands. They're as diverse as the cultures of the world. They all have a different view of God and bring their own perspectives of His Truth. The RCC is empty, dead and profoundly empty of God's Presence. Ichabod is written over the Vatican, in HUGE bold red letters.
The assumptions and opinions that you have derived from your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
your post #8

if you like, i'll pull it to pieces :idunno:
They wore a long tunic with a belt around it---a "dress."

then one might expect the pope and the bishops to wear a long tunic with a belt around it

Seriously, you really need to get over your pathological concern about peoples' clothing.

nice attempting at derailing what was offered as a simple question

Professors at Oxford University wear fancy floor-length robes---"dresses"---when they lecture.

why would you think I would care what professors at oxford wear?

Your knee-jerk reaction

again, nice attempt to dodge and turn this back on me

that this is somehow supposedly "weird"

did i say it was "weird"?

nope - that was you bringing it up

and that is weird

is entirely irrelevant,

if it's irrelevant, why are you bringing it up?

and your complaints about what bishops wear

it wasn't a complaint, it was a simple question

when they're engaging in official ecclesial duties is nothing more than a not-so-subtle form of the Ad Hominem Fallacy.

no, it isn't

an ad hominem fallacy would be me responding that your "argument" is flawed because you are a retard

and i haven't done that

Again, come back if you ever come up with an actual substantive argument.

although, this is a bit retarded - i wasn't making an "argument", i was asking a question

(Sorry, but whining about what people wear just doesn't count.)

and i wasn't whining

Gaudium de veritate,

cherrios and frootloops to you too :wave2:

Cruciform

your post #8. if you like, i'll pull it to pieces.
No need to waste your time, since---all your hand-waving protestations aside---its content stands precisely as posted, a fact that you prove unequivocally every time you complain about what people wear.

You're still trolling.