A Body Hast Thou Prepared Me

achduke

You disagree because you have forgotten what I said: Only in dreams and visions. No. Mr. Keypuur, we do not believe in demons. Demons are only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. The origin of demons is in Greek Mythology where Christianity has copied the doctrine from.

Lev 17:7 "They shall no more offer their sacrifices to demons, after whom they have played the harlot. This shall be a statute forever for them throughout their generations." '

Ben Masada

Wrong! Do you even see what's going on around you in the world or do you keep blinders on? Well I guess you already answered that so it's blinders for you just like so many other people. And dont even attempt to try tell me that Satan and his demons dont exist because I know better!

Oh! You know better, don't you? Wait! You know they exist or you have faith that they exist? You cannot straddle between knowledge and faith. Either you know or you believe you do. By comparing Jews with Christians, Paul said that Christians walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) If by sight, one walks with his eyes open, it is only obvious that by faith it is a walk in the dark. So, if Satan and demons exist, have you ever seen one?

Ben Masada

Lev 17:7 "They shall no more offer their sacrifices to demons, after whom they have played the harlot. This shall be a statute forever for them throughout their generations." '

Lev. 17:7 is a reference to the idol called goat that some of the Israelites had joined the pagans to offer their sacrifices to. That's the reason why Prophet Jeremiah said that the Lord had never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jer. 7:22) To prevent dissemination of idolatry among the people. That's what they used to call the idols of the pagans: Demons. It doesn't mean at all that demons existed or exist.

ClimateSanity

Only if you ignore Headship, Ultimate Authority, and Power. :)

They have equal power, any arrangement of authority is agreed to by all three parties. It's agreed upon that the Father has the headship over the Son by each person. There is nothing inherent in the person of the father that forces his headship upon the Son. They have all existed for eternity with their agreed upon relationship to each other. If you have seen the son, you have seen the fatber because they are all God.

truthjourney

Oh! You know better, don't you? Wait! You know they exist or you have faith that they exist? You cannot straddle between knowledge and faith. Either you know or you believe you do. By comparing Jews with Christians, Paul said that Christians walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) If by sight, one walks with his eyes open, it is only obvious that by faith it is a walk in the dark. So, if Satan and demons exist, have you ever seen one?
I made myself clear. You better believe I KNOW they exist. Yes I HAVE seen. This is one of the biggest problems in many churches today. They are not equipped to handle this. And I'll tell you something right now, there is no "concept" in the way you describe it that is harassing, attacking physically and entering people's bodies and possessing them and causing their physical appearance and actions to drastically change and exhibit pure evil and the power to do what they do and im not just referring to physical power. Now you can just go ahead and deny that all you want to but it isn't going to change the facts. And these are facts.

Ben Masada

Faith comes when you cross the line of reason.

Can you prove that there is a God Ben, or is it just faith.

Very good Keypurr! That's the best question upon me so far; if I can prove the existence of God. Yes, I can, and not by faith. I don't need faith to believe that HaShem exists. I have Logic and Physics to prove the existence of God. You are the first evidence that God exists. Tell me: Did you cause yourself to exist or someone else caused you to exist? You could not have caused yourself to exist because you had to exist to do so and, if you already existed, why further cause yourself to exist? So, it's proved that someone else caused yourself to exist; your parents; and your parents, their parents and so on and on, till the Primal Cause Who, by Logic could not be caused but caused the beginning of all causes. That's called the concept of Causality which has been proved by Physics. As you can see, I have proved the existence of God through Logic and Physics without faith.

keypurr

Very good Keypurr! That's the best question upon me so far; if I can prove the existence of God. Yes, I can, and not by faith. I don't need faith to believe that HaShem exists. I have Logic and Physics to prove the existence of God. You are the first evidence that God exists. Tell me: Did you cause yourself to exist or someone else caused you to exist? You could not have caused yourself to exist because you had to exist to do so and, if you already existed, why further cause yourself to exist? So, it's proved that someone else caused yourself to exist; your parents; and your parents, their parents and so on and on, till the Primal Cause Who, by Logic could not be caused but caused the beginning of all causes. That's called the concept of Causality which has been proved by Physics. As you can see, I have proved the existence of God through Logic and Physics without faith.
I could say WE assume a lot my friend. It's impossible to posatively prove anything to an unreasonable mind. We base our faith on the logic we are given. I believe that there needed to be a very superior God to create what we know of, yet there is no proof, just faith in what we do know mixed with the logic we possess. Science can change daily, numbers do not always add up. Faith and fact are not the same thing Ben.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

achduke

In Hebrew spirit is female in Greek it is neuter.

The Father is considered male because he can impart life to others.

Jesus Christ is considered male because he is.

As for spirit I do not think the bible defines spirit as male or female since spirit is not physical. God is referred to as Father which is male in origin. As for Christ he is definitely male.