ECT A big part of what went wrong

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course, an idiot like Tet would right off conclude "this proves it did not exist before now."

More denial.

No matter how hard you Darby followers try, and no matter how much you don't want it to be true.....Dispensationalism did NOT exist before John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.

Anyway, I've ended up rambling again :chuckle:

You're a Darby follower, therefore you have to ramble because scripture and history do not support your Dispensationalism.

musterion

It bears repeating.

In aligning itself to the religious patterns of the day, the historic Orthodox Church after Constantine in the 4th century AD adopted a religious system which was in essence Old Testament, complete with priests, altar, a Christian temple, frankincense and a Jewish, synagogue-style worship pattern. The Roman Catholic Church went on to canonize the system. Luther did reform the content of the gospel, but left the outer forms of “church” remarkably untouched.

W. Simson

Preterists believe we're in Israel's long-awaited kingdom RIGHT NOW, with no more evidence to support it than the Adventists have for Christ busily at work cleaning the heavenly sanctuary, or the JW's "invisible" returns of Christ.

Interplanner

More denial.

No matter how hard you Darby followers try, and no matter how much you don't want it to be true.....Dispensationalism did NOT exist before John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.

You're a Darby follower, therefore you have to ramble because scripture and history do not support your Dispensationalism.

Tet, would the futurism of the Jesuit Ribera qualify as D'ism to you. If so, he was in the 1500s. I don't know if he wrote anything retroactive about Judaism, he just propped up the pope safely from the Protestant declarations that he was AC.

Danoh

Tet, would the futurism of the Jesuit Ribera qualify as D'ism to you. If so, he was in the 1500s. I don't know if he wrote anything retroactive about Judaism, he just propped up the pope safely from the Protestant declarations that he was AC.

Its about time one of you embarrassed the other with what I have long asserted on TOL - that Dispensational like views predate Darby.

My Holfordian Patience (STP, 2016, lol) has finally been rewarded.

I knew all along one of Tet's own would one day prove him the slandering liar he is.

The cat out of the bag - and boy does that bag stink something aweful...

Actually, the Jesuit Priest Ribera is credited with REVIVING the FUTURIST view of John's Apocalypse held by SOME of the so called ECF - revived by Ribera as a means of countering the Reformer's assertions that John is supposedly describing the RCC's than Pope as the Antichrist.

In this REVIVED view, John's Apocalypse is depicted as yet future and could not therefore being referring to the Pope as Antichrist.

Just as the Jesuit Priest Alcazar is credited with REVIVING the PRETERIST view held by SOME other of the so called ECF - revived by Alcazar as a another means of countering the Reformers.

In this REVIVED view Antichrist is viewed as a power that was defeated in 70AD, and can therefore also not be referring to the Pope in the 1500s.

Tet is wilfully clueless, knowingly biased and dishonestly one sided, thus, his continued slander of Darby as the supposed originator of views that had actually been held by some of the so called ECF, though no where near as developed as Darby.

As is the exact case with Preterism.

Last edited:

Danoh

Baiting is a devilish thing.

LA

Its been a while since you have posted at length...

So correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly, unlike the JWs' view that they alone are the replacement of Israel; you hold a view that God is not through Israel any more than He is with the Gentiles.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Its been a while since you have posted at length...

So correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly, unlike the JWs' view that they alone are the replacement of Israel; you hold a view that God is not through Israel any more than He is with the Gentiles.

Something like that.

Israel is Gods people in Christ, in the new covenant, and I am one of them.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

musterion

Something like that.

Israel is Gods people in Christ, in the new covenant, and I am one of them.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

So Will He have a literal favored nation again, a restored obedient Israel?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet, would the futurism of the Jesuit Ribera qualify as D'ism to you.

No.

While Dispensationalism is a type of Futurism, Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby.

Even before Ribera, and Darby Millennialism existed. Millennialism taught that Jesus would return, and set up a kingdom on earth.

Ribera claimed that the anti-Christ would show up a few years before Jesus returned. Ribera also taught that this anti-Christ would be a Jew, and set up in Jerusalem.

Darby taught that God put Israel on hold, inserted a secret parenthetical dispensation, that the church age believers would be raptured away, then the anti-Christ, 7 year Trib, and then the second coming of Jesus, then the exactly 1,000 year reign of Jesus on earth with the Mosaic Law, animal sacrifices, etc.

Ribera never taught a rapture, that certain books in the NT were written to Jews and the others to the church, a secret parenthetical dispensation, and many other false things that Darby invented.