ECT 5 of the more obvious passages about losing salvation

ZacharyB

We are simply telling you that the warnings of the Bible are there for the sake of the believers, for if they commit the things which God hates and do not repent then they disqualify themselves, firstly from the first resurrection, and in some instances from surviving the last judgement.

It would be better for everyone and a pleasing service to God,
to agree with what God has said, rather than give excuse to people who sin
and claim that they can never be lost by continuing in their sin.[/
QUOTE]

Very nicely stated ...
I love it when I read spiritual Truth here 'cause it's so rare indeed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Thanks for waking up to the spiritual factoid that ...
Believers need to actually do something
(learn to work out their salvations),
i.e. co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit
to be sanctified unto holiness unto final salvation.

too many here are just resting

ZacharyB

too many here are just resting
Yes, too many ... but very few compared with the multitudes in the churches!
Will they ever wake up? ... Not if they're counting on their pastors.
That's why I'm here ... doin' the job the pastors should be doin'.
Dem's who Jesus calls "hirelings".
Paul calls 'em "deceitful workers".

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We are simply telling you that the warnings of the Bible are there for the sake of the believers, for if they commit the things which God hates and do not repent then they disqualify themselves, firstly from the first resurrection, and in some instances from surviving the last judgement.

It would be better for everyone and a pleasing service to God, to agree with what God has said, rather than give excuse to people who sin and claim that they can never be lost by continuing in their sin.

LA

The warnings are there for the sake of the UNbelievers which unbelievers ye are.

We see those warnings, actually Paul gives the exact same warning.

To the Galatians Paul warns if receive circumcision you MUST obey the whole law, you are cut off from Christ.

It is the same warning to the Hebrews

The deliberate or wilful sin was to turn away from the cross to ordinances and keeping the law....THAT'S what you do for you observe the commandments.

Now Paul says they are cut off from Christ...does that mean they are now not saved ?

Of course for not for Paul pleads with them to return to their first confidence, the simplicity of faith. To become as he was.

The reason you guys are totally fixeated by these scriptures is because God is warning YOU that you have departed from simple faith.

oatmeal

I suggest that you ask the Lord to reveal the Truth to you.
All I do is quote the Scriptures, which are the Truth.
But, people hate the Truth when it disagrees with the doctrines of men.

He has revealed the truth to me and to everyone that cares to actually read what scriptures has to say.

Thanks for your opinions.

Don't feel bad, opinions here are a dime a dozen.

It takes work to read what is written

beloved57

Anyone who takes the mark of the beast will be thrown into the lake of fire
Revelation 14:9-11 … “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark
on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God,
which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented
with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night,
who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven
Mark 3:28-29 … “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men,
and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit
never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”

The parallel passage is Matthew 12:31-32.
IMO, this blasphemy refers to saying a miracle was not performed by the Holy Spirit, but by a demon.

Anyone who refuses to forgive someone their trespasses will not be forgiven
Matthew 6:14-15 … “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

If Father God does NOT forgive you of your trespasses, do you think He will accept you into heaven?

Anyone who practices habitual unrepented-of sin will gain eternal death
Romans 6:16-19 … "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness? ... so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness."

“You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal).” (6:16, The Living Bible)
“so now you must let yourself be slaves to all that is right and holy.” (6:19, The Living Bible)

Anyone who practices habitual unrepented-of sin will gain eternal death
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 … “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the
kingdom of God (i.e. heaven)? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters,
nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God (i.e. heaven).”

Other very similar sin-list passages are: Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5-6, Colossians 3:5-6.
Combine Mark 9:47 and Matthew 25:45-46, and you will see that …
• Sin causes one to be unrighteous, and the unrighteous are cast into hell.
• Entering/inheriting the kingdom of God is the same as gaining eternal life.

IMO, these warning passages simply confirm what Jesus warned about
“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life
in this world will keep it for eternal life.” (John 12:25).

Parallel passages are: Matt 16:25-26, Mark 8:35-37.
IMO, those who hate their lives … also hate their sins and do their best to be obedient
and to not sin! These are the true believers who are co-operating with God the Holy Spirit
(and who will be overcomers) as they are being progressively sanctified … after having
first been sanctified (set apart) positionally to hopefully partake of the Divine nature.
Yes, man’s free-will is involved … man’s co-operation is necessary (which is not works).

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10, so they cant loose their Salvation, since they are saved while unbelievers !