5...4...3-2-1...Blast off !

Jedidiah

Hello there oh indoctrinated one (since 4) perhaps?
One or two here however might make you doubt. ;)
Hello there alwight ! Glad to be here so far, everybody has been very friendly.
"oh indoctrinated one" -- you know me too well ! :chuckle:
Let's see if I don't convince the merchants of doubt to doubt their own doubt ! :cool:

;)

-Jed

Jedidiah

Welcome, I suspect you have mad churning skills! :e4e:
Hello Quincy ! Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm afraid I don't get your comment about mad churning skills though ?

Even though, I do have mad churning skills !

:chuckle:

-Jed

Jedidiah

:chuckle: A little anxious about my first post Tambora, but you just zoomed right in lickedy-split and set my mind at ease ! Do you have any tips for how to navigate theologyonline.com ?

-Jed
Sit on the "Active Threats" button. :)

Welcome to the last website you will ever need. :cool:
Hello Stripe ! Geez, everybody is so friendly around here !
I have found the "Active Threads" button - oh wait I see what you did there ! "Active Threats," nice. :chuckle:
I do have a good feeling about TOL Stripe, a good feeling !
:cigar:

-Jed

Dena

Hi Totton Linnet ! And, what is a pram ?

:D

-Jed

baby carriage

13311610459782.jpg

Jedidiah

To Ask Mr. Religion

To Ask Mr. Religion

Hello Ask Mr. Religion ! :wave:
I see your message on my profile page, but I don't know how to respond there, so I'll respond here I hope it's okay.
Ask Mr. Religion said:
Welcome to TOL!

Denomination?
Active in a church?
Monergistic or synergistic soteriologically?

A couple of items you may find interesting to read:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=41620
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=63586

AMR
I have no denomination, just a plain Jane Christian.
I am not "active in a church," at least not a traditional, formal church, no.

"Soteriologically," I am monergistic in two senses !
I am monergistic in the sense that the Lord governs all of His Creation, down to the grittiest detail of reality, including who, when, where and through what means each man believes or does not believe. We can only know this in hind sight, and I compare this idea to our scientist's "M-theory" which is only 100% precise in hind sight.

And and I am monergistic in the sense that for us mere men, in our own personal experiences, our experience of being alive moment to moment is as totally unlimited free agents. It is comparable to the idea of free will.

In other words, while the Lord knows and governs every last thing in His Creation, we can only know what the Lord knows after it happens, including our own actions, and the only applicable conclusion I can draw from this is to live as truly free men right now !

I checked the links you provided me and I am first impressed with the civility on theologyonline because I know how important these matters are to many of us, and it's hard to keep our cool sometimes.

I was a staunch Calvinist for many years, and I am still, but I don't know if I will contribute to debating the truth or falsity of the doctrine because, to draw on my earlier analogy, I don't find understanding M-theory to be very pertinent to my moment to moment living - that is better done by focusing upon our liberty as the Lord's sons, IMNSHO, and by then with hind sight gleaning what the Lord's will was for us when we did what we did, and learning from this what to do next.

Even if what we learn is, we need to learn more doctrine !

:D

-Jed

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
5-4-3-2-1 Hello Jed!....couldn't resist :chuckle:

Welcome to the best place to be on the internet! :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Hello rocketman ! Glad to be here, and thank you for your warm welcome.

-Jed

A couple of tips Jed, ease in and try to get acquainted there's a lot of good folks here, try to get to know whos who, have thick skin cause it can get rather pointed around here sometimes, and don't be afraid to hand some back to those who are dishing it out but, keep it clean though, because you don't want to be on the business end of the ban hammer. :chuckle:

Jedidiah

A couple of tips Jed, ease in and try to get acquainted there's a lot of good folks here, try to get to know whos who, have thick skin cause it can get rather pointed around here sometimes, and don't be afraid to hand some back to those who are dishing it out but, keep it clean though, because you don't want to be on the business end of the ban hammer. :chuckle:
Thanks for the tips, man !

P.S. My skin is leather, so no worries there. ;)
:e4e:

-Jed

Also, thanks for the "rep" :D

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello Stripe ! Geez, everybody is so friendly around here !I have found the "Active Threads" button - oh wait I see what you did there ! "Active Threats," nice. :chuckle:
I do have a good feeling about TOL Stripe, a good feeling !:cigar:-Jed
Yeah, but you know God made you feel this way, right. ;)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hello Stripe ! Geez, everybody is so friendly around here !
I have found the "Active Threads" button - oh wait I see what you did there ! "Active Threats," nice. :chuckle:
I do have a good feeling about TOL Stripe, a good feeling !
:cigar:

-Jed

I have a good feeling about you, if you have ever been out preaching in the open, TOL is just like it, some jeer, some cheer, but the ones who hurt are the ones who just hold up their hands and will have none of it....none