2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

2005 rules posted

2005 rules posted

Here is the 2005 league rules. You may have seen a post like this before. Changes have been made. So look again, familiar yourselves with it, cause this is what we are going to play by.

Thanks in advance and happy Thanksgiving.

2005 League rules

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
ARTICLE III

section a - Line-ups

Each team has the option of two different starting line-ups to start for that weeks games. They are (a) Pro Set and (b) Run and Shoot. The Pro Set Line-up will consist of: 1 Quarterback, 2 Running Backs, 3 Wide Receivers, 1 Flex Position, 1 Tight End, 1 Place Kicker, and 1 Team Defense. The Run and Shoot Line-up will consist of: 1 Quarterback, 1 Running Back, 4 Wide Receivers, 1 Tight End, 1 Flex position, 1 Place Kicker, and 1 Team Defense.

I thought you were going to consider allowing more than 3 RB's in place of WR's?

All Line ups must be turned into the commissioner NO LATER THAN GAME TIME OF THAT WEEKS FIRST GAME. That means by 1 PM (EST) 10am(PST) on Sunday, unless there are Thursday or Saturday games, in which case it will be before game time of that game. No exceptions. If you fail to submit a line-up you will automatically be using the prior weeks line up. Failure to submit a line-up two weeks in a row is cause for immediate revoking of a members privileges.

What do you mean 'submit'? Why isn't setting our teams up like we usually do good enough?

Clause 1- Every owner can choose any player on an NFL roster to fill his/her team. This means that the same player may be on 2 or more teams.

Every team will have the same top players on it! :noway:

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

1. I thought you were going to consider allowing more than 3 RB's in place of WR's?

2. What do you mean 'submit'? Why isn't setting our teams up like we usually do good enough?

3.Every team will have the same top players on it! :noway:

1. You can have as many as 3 RB's if you choose a RB in the flex position.

2. We will not be with CBS next year. They do not have the capability to handle a same player on multiple teams. So you will need to submit your lineup to me thru email or PM.

3. Yes indeed.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley

1. You can have as many as 3 RB's if you choose a RB in the flex position.

2. We will not be with CBS next year. They do not have the capability to handle a same player on multiple teams. So you will need to submit your lineup to me thru email or PM.

3. Yes indeed.

I enjoy FF as much as anybody, but I'm not sure I like the changes. Have you made your mind up conclusively or are you weighing opinions?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I kind of like the 'pick any player' deal. I think the 12-team thing isn't a good idea if there isn't 12 people who really want to play. (Gently or otherwise) pushing people to play just to fill empty slots will come back to bite us in the rear, as we saw this year. Quiet owners don't bother me at all, but mid-season retirees do.

My $0.02. :D

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

I enjoy FF as much as anybody, but I'm not sure I like the changes. Have you made your mind up conclusively or are you weighing opinions?

You said you liked the idea at the beginning of the season. Sozo liked it, Knight liked it, Jefferson likes it as his last post here demonstrates and it is his idea to begin with. Now we dont want to do it?

I love FF too and will enforce whatever we decide for next year.

C

cattyfan

I think having the same players available on every team defeats the purpose of Fantasy Football. If people just select the best or highest-rated players every week and subsequently end up with the exact same teams, no one will win.

I don't see what's wrong with the system we are using now.

C

cattyfan

additionally, the proposed system will not allow for last minute changes if, for example, a player is injured and will not be playing.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cattyfan

additionally, the proposed system will not allow for last minute changes if, for example, a player is injured and will not be playing.
That's true. :shocked:

drbrumley

Originally posted by cattyfan

I think having the same players available on every team defeats the purpose of Fantasy Football. If people just select the best or highest-rated players every week and subsequently end up with the exact same teams, no one will win.

I don't see what's wrong with the system we are using now.

That was my argument at the beginning of the year. I was essentially out voted.

Jefferson, the floor is yours to explain this way of playing.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley

You said you liked the idea at the beginning of the season. Sozo liked it, Knight liked it, Jefferson likes it as his last post here demonstrates and it is his idea to begin with. Now we dont want to do it?

Easy Doc, we have plenty of time to work this out. I am not dead set against the idea, but it seems foreign to me. It removes one aspect of FF, TRADING. I kinda like that part of FF.

I love FF too and will enforce whatever we decide for next year.

I know, you are a very good 'Commish'. Let's spend some time and float this around. We have plenty of time before the next season.

drbrumley

Standings Updated as of: 11/23/04 3:21 AM EST

TruthSmack Division

BillyBob 9-2-0 6-0-0
PastorZ77 8-3-0 3-3-0
Cattyfan 7-4-0 5-1-0
Knight 6-4-1 3-3-0
Wamba 5-6-0 3-3-0
Godrulz 4-7-0 1-5-0
Empty team 0-11-0-0-6-0

TOL Division

DRBrumley 7-4-0 4-2-0