18 000 psychologists, psychiatrists ... consder Trump mentally unfit to be President!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That doesn't make sense at all.

for something to meet the APA classification of "disorder" it has to cause impairment

obviously, trump has narcissistic tendencies - it's virtually a requirement for those in the eye of the media, whether they are in politics or entertainment

but there's no reason to think that his narcissistic tendencies cause any kind of functional impairment

Danoh

my goodness

what a lot of things you wrote

Lol

Admittedly, my own is one very disordered mind.

One I suspect I'll be learning to see both the pluses and the minuses of throughout my life.

It is what it is, I guess.

My own "broken" - with its' own, ever endless pros and cons; if you will :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The criteria to be a US President is not dependent on the psychoanalysis of John Gartner or the 18000 psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A psychopath has no moral center. He may be the perfect child, the perfect student, then be very successful, yet kill someone and not lose any sleep over it.

Antisocial personality is more a sociopath, and usually has a history of a conduct disorder. These people are usually in trouble with parents, school and society from early on.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You can have your 18000 unprofessional, butt hurt psychologists.

Coming to any educated idea of a person's mental health requires actual study- meaning evaluation and applying the scientific standard.

Stop acting like a bunch of children.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Lol

Admittedly, my own is one very disordered mind.

One I suspect I'll be learning to see both the pluses and the minuses of throughout my life.

It is what it is, I guess.

My own "broken" - with its' own, ever endless pros and cons; if you will :chuckle:

LOL, yes even yer delusions are delusional, unlike mine which are more Constitutional.

jeffblue101

4. If the Republicans in Congress were to finally decide that Trump's behavior and decision-making were putting the nation at risk, VP Pence could invoke Amendment 25 and replace him.
25th amendment only deals with physical disability and it's only temporary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore(vice president) of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.[3]

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The criteria to be a US President is not dependent on the psychoanalysis of John Gartner or the 18000 psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals.

How true. This is a reflection of the overwhelming therapeutic state.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
great!

if you think that actually has legs towards an impeachment, go for it!

i agree!

a long shot, but worth watching

another long shot, but certainly possible

This would have been better served with my dear departed dad's if story about the dog chasin' the rabbit.

jeffblue101

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-raimondo-trump-derangement-syndrome-20161226-story.html
the country is in the throes of a major epidemic, with no known cure and some pretty scary symptoms. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, and it’s rapidly spreading from the point of origin – the political class – to the population at large.

In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world...

If you ask a TDS victim what might help them feel better, they’ll use the word “normalize.” As in, we mustn’t “normalize” Trump. What they’re really saying is that normal means of dealing with him aren’t enough. Which raises the question: If he’s another Hitler, if he’s in league with Putin, then why is assassination out of the question? Poke a TDS victim and you’ll find they don’t think that “solution” is out of the question at all.

This is the final stage of the TDS epidemic: violence against a democratically elected leader. Unless a cure for TDS is found, this is where we are headed.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wonder what John Gartner and the 18000 psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals would say about Patton and MacArthur?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
C3GmOmCXUAE5wRb.jpg

jeffblue101

this thread should read 18,000 hypocritical psychologists, psychiatrists violate their oaths as Doctors so they can engage in politically motivated attacks against Trump.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brainstorm/201701/shrinks-battle-over-diagnosing-donald-trump
It is widely regarded as unethical—a violation of the so-called Goldwater Rule—for mental health experts to offer a professional diagnosis of any person they have not personally examined. The rule was established in 1973 by the American Psychiatric Association and is still in force today. Although psychologists are not expressly forbidden from making public pronouncements about the mental health of public figures, the American Psychological Association has affirmed the rule and psychologists generally abide by it.

But Gartner argues that the mental health community has an obligation to protect the public that overrides the Goldwater Rule, and that even in the short time since the inauguration, Trump has proved himself “a clear and present danger.” What’s more, he believes the Goldwater Rule is no longer relevant because it was established before the DSM made diagnosis behaviorally based. “We don’t need to interview Donald Trump to get reliable information. We have a lot of data based on his actions. The DSM is not a hard book to read. Trump’s lying has been documented publicly in The New York Times.”

The Goldwater Rule is as valid as ever, insists Steven Berglas, a Los Angeles psychologist and executive coach and consultant. What’s more, he says, Gartner’s petition is a flagrant misuse of the DSM. “You cannot discern from public behavior whether a person’s behavior represents an authentic personality style or is choreographed.” How do we know, he asks, that Trump isn’t “throwing paint balls at the wall, creating chaos so that he can dial it down later to get what he wants.” In fact, he points out, the President seems to be behaving quite rationally in that he is fulfilling his campaign promises.

john w

Hall of Fame
Mark 3 KJV

21 And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

Acts 26 KJV

24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.

Those 2 wackos-the Lord Jesus Christ, and Paul...........

EOT. CLOSED. RIP. DOA.

eider

Actually, the majority voted for Hillary. She won the popular vote.
President Trump won, which means that somebody voted for him........lots of folks voted for him.

They used the word disorder because that's the professional terminology as listed in the DSM-5.
Just shows what a bunch of quacks psychiatrists and psychologists are. They need to revisit their terminology, just as they have before.....
They change the names of conditions to suit the times, you know. One seriously dreadful disability, called 'hysteria' up until the late 80's was broken up into it's several individual conditions and the name scrapped, almost certainly for 'fashionable' reasons.
They change their minds every few decades, or even sooner!

Antisocial personality disorder is what was once termed psychopathy or sociopathy.
Just a sec......... if they dared to they might try to use Psychopath instead of APD. That might actually be an offence, possibly?
Narcissistic and paranoid personality disorders are just that: disorders with specific clinical criteria.
No...... no criteria in psychiatry can be classified as specific or exact in any way. When diagnosis is merely ad-hominem opinion things can get very wishy washy.

While I understand the ethical argument against making a diagnosis of public figures based on their public behavior (as opposed to an individual clinical diagnosis), that doesn't mean these disorders aren't empirically defined or that they're just some endearing little personality quirk. These disorders are damaging to the person who has them and to the people around them and in their sphere of influence.
The trouble is that if, somehow, US citizens 'in a majority' would start to feel benefit from the US President, and if by chance he should become very popular, just you watch those psychos start to go into reverse! Would anybody notice?

If I was a US citizen I don't think that would have voted for President Trump. But after observing how Former President Obama was held back, obstructed, insulted, and (frankly) abused, I think that President Trump might offer some great value to the US voters..... they might take more interest in what matters in four years' time. The money, razzmatazz, advertisement, status and stuff might just give way to the less visible but more valuable candidates?

Who knows?