ECT Wrath of God/Wrath of the Lamb: comparing Ezekiel 14 with Revelation 6

musterion

Ezekiel ch. 14
21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send My four sore judgments upon Jerusalem: the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.

23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

Revelation ch. 6
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see . . .

8 And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth . . .

17 For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Things to notice:

•Ezekiel shows four judgments coming as the wrath of God.

•Revelation shows four judgments coming as the wrath of the Lamb.

•The wrath of the Lamb in Revelation mirrors the wrath of God in Ezekiel.

•In Revelation, it is expressly the wrath of the Lamb. It is CHRIST'S wrath being outpoured.

Conclusions:

1. The wrath of God/wrath of Christ is shown to begin in Revelation ch. 6.

2. Since the Body of Christ is absolutely, categorically "not appointed to wrath" (1 Thess 5:9), this indicates that the Body of Christ cannot be present on earth from the time of wrath starting in ch. 6.

3. This means anyone teaching that the Body of Christ will be on earth at any point past Revelation ch. 6 denies the promise that we are not appointed to wrath.

4. In so doing, they call Christ a liar.

musterion

Hey, that's a good point. After all God had to remove Israel from the earth during the plagues in Egypt, right?

Very bad logic.

The Hebrews would become Israel. Israel is of the earth. The Body of Christ is not of the earth, it is heavenly.

God told them what to do during the plagues. He did not tell them to persevere through that time or be lost, as people like you believe He's telling the Body of Christ to do.

Go tend to your home. Leave doctrine to sound men and wise women.