Would Trump voluntarily relinquish the presidency if voted out of office/impeached?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Given that Donald Trump has argued that 3 million illegal ballots were cast to explain his deficit in the national popular vote, would he recognize the results of any election that did not favor him!

Despite the total lack of any objective evidence to substantiate voter fraud on such a massive scale, Trump has made no discernible attempt to reach out, broaden his base and show that he was elected to serve as president for all the people!

If he is content, therefore, to focus his efforts on satisfying just his base, which currently polls at less than 40% of the electorate, does that foreshadow Trump's unwillingness to accept anything less than a victory in the next election?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hard to believe he's only been in office a month. So far, it seems the GOP is either unwilling or unable to do any damage control, and Trump will to continue to lurch along, managed by an odd mix of amateurs and establishment while he uses Twitter, cable TV and frequent trips to his millionaire and billionaire clubs* (and the occasional ego rally) to hold himself together.

*After his election he told members of his Bedminster Golf Club: "You are the special people . . . So, this is my real group . . . . These are the people that came here in the beginning, when nobody knew what this monster was gonna turn out to be, right?"

He got the monster part right, I'll give him that.

glassjester

Given that Donald Trump has argued that 3 million illegal ballots were cast to explain his deficit in the national popular vote, would he recognize the results of any election that did not favor him!

What do you think would happen if he loses in 2020? He'd lock the door to the oval office and refuse to come out?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Trump has trouble with anything that questions his ego. On one hand his assault on the media appears, as Senator McCain has suggested, exactly how dictators start, but I think his attention span is too short to really plan ahead. His staff on the other hand, Bannon and the new "wunderkind" Miller are maybe more dangerous.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Russia problem keeps growing.

A Back-Channel Plan for Ukraine and Russia, Courtesy of Trump Associates

A week before Michael T. Flynn resigned as national security adviser, a sealed proposal was hand-delivered to his office, outlining a way for President Trump to lift sanctions against Russia.

Mr. Flynn is gone, having been caught lying about his own discussion of sanctions with the Russian ambassador. But the proposal, a peace plan for Ukraine and Russia, remains, along with those pushing it: Michael D. Cohen, the president’s personal lawyer, who delivered the document; Felix H. Sater, a business associate who helped Mr. Trump scout deals in Russia; and a Ukrainian lawmaker trying to rise in a political opposition movement shaped in part by Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Would Trump voluntarily relinquish the presidency if voted out of office/impeached?

This first image that came to mind:

Bonaparte_Bunny.jpg

Remember how this turned out? :chuckle:

But..but I am Le président!!

Danoh

This first image that came to mind:

Bonaparte_Bunny.jpg

Remember how this turned out? :chuckle:

But..but I am Le président!!

"Waterloo I was defeated,
you won the war
Waterloo promise to love you
for ever more
Waterloo couldn't escape
if I wanted to
Waterloo knowing my fate
is to be with you
Waterloo finally facing
my Waterloo"

- Abba

:chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
With 40% of those polled supporting a Trump impeachment, a constitutional crisis could come if there is a major scandal sooner rather than later.

As "Trump" continues to "double-down" on his 3 million illegal vote assertion. he drifts farther and farther in his "alternate universe" to provide "alternate explanation" for issues that he doesn't want to address - based on the facts.

If Trump were to be voted out of office, impeached or replaced under the 25th Amendment, he would only retreat further into this "alternate world," and would have to be literally dragged yelling and screaming out of the White House!