Works Is Your Only Proof Of True Faith

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Works Are The Proof

Luke 13:6-9
6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7 "Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8 "But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9 'And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.' "
Matt 7:13-24
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
Matt 7:26-29
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
John 4:34-38
34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35 "Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
36 "And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
37 "For in this the saying is true: 'One sows and another reaps.'
38 "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors."
Matt 25:1-13
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13 "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
Luke 8:11-15
11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 "But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
14 "And the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
15 "But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
James 2:19-22
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

xxx You must have works, faith is dead without works. Works are the only way you can prove your faith. Doing what it says to do is the only way you can prove you believe God.

1Thes 5:21-23
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

AHPeeb

Ephesians 2: 8-9 settles this discussion. It's true that a born again Christian should have good works but you are not saved by your works alone. There will also be those that preached in Jesus' name, performed miracles in His name, cast out spirits in His name, and Jesus will tell them, "I never knew you. Go away from me you evil doers." If you think that your works alone will save you, you don't really know Jesus.
Works Are The Proof

Luke 13:6-9
6He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7"Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8"But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9'And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.' "
Matt 7:13-24
13"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14"Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17"Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20"Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
Matt 7:26-29
26"Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27"and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
28And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
John 4:34-38
34Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35"Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
36"And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
37"For in this the saying is true: 'One sows and another reaps.'
38"I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors."
Matt 25:1-13
1"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2"Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3"Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4"but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5"But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6"And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7"Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8"And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9"But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11"Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12"But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
13"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
Luke 8:11-15
11"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12"Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13"But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
14"And the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
15"But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
James 2:19-22
19You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
20But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
24You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

xxx You must have works, faith is dead without works. Works are the only way you can prove your faith. Doing what it says to do is the only way you can prove you believe God.

1Thes 5:21-23
21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2: 8-9 settles this discussion. It's true that a born again Christian should have good works but you are not saved by your works alone. There will also be those that preached in Jesus' name, performed miracles in His name, cast out spirits in His name, and Jesus will tell them, "I never knew you. Go away from me you evil doers." If you think that your works alone will save you, you don't really know Jesus.

I said
Faith alone isn't any better. And I never said works alone. Do you know that saved is not salvation?

Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Faith only works through love.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

xxx Do you have real faith, or blind faith?? The true faith only works through love. True love is to suffer wrongfully. Your real faith only works when you are suffering wrongfully.

Gal 5:6
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

AHPeeb

You said, "you must have works. Faith alone is dead without works." To me, it sounded as if you were saying that works alone is enough, which it is not. You must have faith and have works to justify your faith.

A word of caution though. Far too many people get caught up in their works that they don't make time to know Jesus. Having faith is a work. Telling others about Jesus is a work. If you are a Christian, you should want to tell others about Jesus. You should want to spread the gospel. As long as you do that, you have your works covered.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You said, "you must have works. Faith alone is dead without works." To me, it sounded as if you were saying that works alone is enough, which it is not. You must have faith and have works to justify your faith.

A word of caution though. Far too many people get caught up in their works that they don't make time to know Jesus. Having faith is a work. Telling others about Jesus is a work. If you are a Christian, you should want to tell others about Jesus. You should want to spread the gospel. As long as you do that, you have your works covered.

I said
What I am sharing is the revelations of Jesus Christ. And no one can receive the revelations of Jesus Christ without knowing Him. And they are all gospel.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you have true faith in someone you also have faith in what they say. If you have faith in what they say you will submit to what they say.