Why should we keep the Sabbath?

ThreeAngels

We should keep the Sabbath because God 'sanctified', ie made it holy, at the end of creation (see Gen 2:3) besides giving us a holy example in resting. In the book of Exodus 31:12-13, we read: "The Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you". Here the Sabbath is clearly defined as a sign between God and His people- a sign of Christ’s power to make us holy, and it is given to all whom Christ makes holy. "Sin is the transgression of the law," 1 John 3:4. This applies as much to the fourth as to any of the other nine. Only those who keep God's commandments will be admitted into heaven, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14

ThreeAngels

The Sabbath, and the Decalogue, was there before the ceremonial law was given to Israel under Moses. It holds still and shall continue in the new earth when sinners and sin are no more, see Isaiah's prophecy, "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD." Isaiah 66:22,23. The ceremonial law only symbolized the work of Christ and so ended when He was crucified. It is this law that Christ “took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14.

Ben Masada

Why should we keep the Sabbath?

We should keep the Sabbath to rest and restore ourselves after six days of work. However, we don't have to if we don't want. The Lord has granted us with Freewill and, for that matter, we are not forced to keep any thing. Man
was not made for the Sabbath but the Sabbath for man. The Jews keep it because it is important for them to hold
unto the reason why the Sabbath was given as a sign to Israel that HaShem is He Who sanctifies them. (Ezekiel 20:12,20)