Why MADs (and a few others) take the Gospel so seriously

musterion

The Galatians believers had been captivated by Jews who said Gentiles had add circumcision to Christ in order to become right with God.

In response, Paul assured the Galatians that anyone -- even an angel! -- who brought them a gospel [good news] different from what he had already delivered would be anathema, meaning accursed by God. That wasn't a mere figure of speech; Paul meant it literally and even said it twice, indicating he took the issue of false gospels very seriously. And so do we.

Note something very important. The Galatians to whom Paul wrote were already saved and safe by means of having believed the saving Gospel of the grace of God.

Question: if those who try to dupe the saved with false gospels are accursed, how seriously must God take the preaching of false gospels to the lost?

Paul reminded the believers in Corinth that the saving Gospel given to him by Christ, the message they believed and had saved both them and the Galatians, is simply this:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you which also ye have received and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day, according to the scriptures (1 Cor 15:1-4)
Clear enough, isn't it? That message, Paul says, is itself "the power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:16).

But there are MANY false gospels being preached in Christendom today...over the airwaves, in churches in your town, door to door right in your own neighborhood, even right here on TOL. False "good news of salvation" that may make people feel better but are powerless to deal with their sin or justify them to God.

Whomever preaches any such gospel is accursed. ANYONE who adds ANYTHING to what you read in 1 Cor 15:1-4, or who subtracts from it, or who preaches something different, is accursed. And whomever believes it is not saved because they've believed a lie.

Be very sure: what gospel have you believed? What gospel do you preach?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I take it seriously, knowing the terror of the Lord. Nobody actually wants GodsTruth, Lazy Afternoon, meshak and others to go to hell.

Zeke

Yet the kingdom has always been within Luke 17:20-21, never mind Matt 11:11 or Galatians 4:23-28 which makes the scripture esoteric/spiritual in nature concerning the figure of Jesus/Christ, never mind the persona delusion/strawman that each one here is living "through in ignorance" owned by the exoteric story that voids 1Cor 13, and the spirit that is the more excellent way, exclusion being the pride and joy of doctrinal midgets.