ECT Why do the heretics and charlatans always attack us anew on Christmas & Easter Etc?

Lon

Why do the heretics and charlatans always attack us anew on Christmas & Easter Etc?

What is the point of that??? To make us convert on our celebrated days? To try to Shanghai our celebrations and make them less meaningful? Because it is the most miserable day of the year for those who eschew them? :think:

Maybe it is coincidence or I'm incorrect in my observation?

I found several of them posted at me yesterday Christmas and wondered how truly sad that conveys. I realize we all have a quiet moment generally, but not me, not on most Christmases (why isn't this spelled Christmasses?) :think: I feel kind of sorry for the pagan, not only do they not know my Savior, they aren't very happy in it either. Is it that misery loves company?

"Miserable company must find more miserable company, then... he's happy."

Danoh

Why do the heretics and charlatans always attack us anew on Christmas & Easter Etc?

So we can do what the Apostle Paul used to do with that sort of thing - use it as a springboard into a means of DEMONSTRATING TOWARDS them, NOT merely "sharing" WITH them, the truth of the gospel of the GRACE of God.

What most hate is the "religion" it has been turned into

That, and the hypocrisy of those who at first may have welcomed such into their fold, only to turn on such, when such began to take issue with their many, crystal clear wilfull inconsistencies.

As happened to Israel's Prophets; to the Lord; to the 12; to Paul; and too many of each their followers - at the hands of their supposed "own."

Can we really blame all the countless people out there who, seeing that sort of thing, conclude "no thanks, I've got your number - and the last I want to be is of YOUR number..."

I've long lost count of how many Believers I have run into over the years who that kind of duplicity cloked as "righteousness" forever turned them against "the so called gospel."

And we will each give account, and find out just how much we lost out as a result, one day, as to this kind of "work done in the body...of what sort it is..."

Nevertheless, Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Lon

So we can do what the Apostle Paul used to do with that sort of thing - use it as a springboard into a means of DEMONSTRATING TOWARDS them, NOT merely "sharing" WITH them, the truth of the gospel of the GRACE of God.
Not a bad point. I can always use work on it (I think you can too, all of us really :( ).

What most hate is the "religion" it has been turned into
I don't hate the religion. I'm not that cynical. It'd be like hating the institution of marriage to me. I simply don't have that in me. I am conservative in my theology as in my politics. I "like" comfortable. I can stretch, just give it to me a bit at a time, if such is possible.

My only thought for thread wasn't the attack, but the 'timing' of it. :think: It just seems like a really odd time for it, to me. :think:
That, and the hypocrisy of those who at first may have welcomed such into their fold, only to turn on such, when such began to take issue with their many, crystal clear wilfull inconsistencies.
I have a hard time letting people go. I still pray often for Zeke, who has left the being of our Lord Jesus Christ, far far behind. I haven't unfriended him from my friends list. It'd take quite a bit to wind up on my ignore list after you are my friend. I may deliver you (general readership) into hands for God's discipline ala 1 Corinthians 5:5
As happened to Israel's Prophets; to the Lord; to the 12; to Paul; and too many of each their followers - at the hands of their supposed "own."
Still happens today, but there are still people who stick like glue in one's life, if they allow it.
Can we really blame all the countless people out there who, seeing that sort of thing, conclude "no thanks, I've got your number - and the last I want to be is of YOUR number..."
For me, Christianity isn't 'the club.' We should be loving one another, no doubt, but nobody but nobody, can push me from my Savior. Job? His own wife: "Curse God and die!" It doesn't get much worse, I don't imagine. Job 13:15 I see what you mean, Danoh. Romans 12:5 Family should stick together.

I've long lost count of how many Believers I have run into over the years who that kind of duplicity cloked as "righteousness" forever turned them against "the so called gospel."
Again, a bit of a difference from thread, but I appreciate and am equally concerned where this is going and appreciate it as well. I've often asked friends like this: "Are you chucking Jesus? Or just those dysfunctional people? I don't mind a guy clearing his/her head outside for awhile, or finding a better place. Sometimes abuse or what-not can have us needing a new local family.
And we will each give account, and find out just how much we lost out as a result, one day, as to this kind of "work done in the body...of what sort it is..."
How much of this, do you think, applies to TOL as different than a church, let's say?

For me? Wherever we gather, and we should be challenging one another to love and good outcomes. SOMETIMES, I've been thankful that even though harsh, I see a desire to love and shelter people 'from' wolves, here on TOL. IOW, sometimes, when I see some harshness, I'm seeing love as well as some unity behind motivations. I guess that's why I ask regarding a difference between TOL and a local church body. We really have all kinds here (in the world, not of it).

Nevertheless, Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.
Yeah, as I said at the top, I can ALWAYS use the reminder. I can always work on doing it better. I can always pray for one I'm arguing with a little harder as well as pray my words are seasoned with as much salt and grace as possible. In this, I have no differentiation between church and TOL, it is how "I" come across. I REALLY love a few guys on here that do debate just debating the material. I get frustrated with thick-headedness because I'm always trying and praying to 'knock some sense into this guy somehow.' Perhaps 'love some sense' would work. A couple of threads I have in mind, it is really hard when it is the same song and verse 258 :( I'd appreciate a quick prayer for it as you are reading this. In Christ -Lon