Who will you vote for?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I already voted absentee ballot -
just before I voted -
I tried to convince myself that voting straight republican was not necessarily voting for trump -
I didn't want to fill in 16 boxes -
I decided to fill in 16 boxes -
I then read the instructions -
I could vote straight republican and still do a write in for president -
I only had to fill in 2 boxes -

jeffblue101

I already voted absentee ballot -
just before I voted -
I tried to convince myself that voting straight republican was not necessarily voting for trump -
I didn't want to fill in 16 boxes -
I decided to fill in 16 boxes -
I then read the instructions -
I could vote straight republican and still do a write in for president -
I only had to fill in 2 boxes -

writing in a candidate doesn't even count for that candidate in most states.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/write-in-votes/
But because of state laws restricting ballot access, writing in a candidate is not as simple as it sounds. There are eight states where ballots won’t even have a space for write-ins. In 32 others, write-in candidates have to file with the state prior to the election to be counted as official candidates.

That means that even if a write-in candidate wins the popular vote — an extremely unlikely scenario — their votes won’t be counted if the candidate hasn’t pre-registered. States often throw these write-in votes for unregistered candidates into an “All others” category and don’t tally them up individually.
so if your write in candidate did not register as canidate, your vote will go to the "all others" category.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
"Brother Nathanael " is a deranged former orthodox Jew who is now dressing up as an orthodox priest and has become a self-hating Jew who is totally anti-israel and rabidly anti-semitic.
He has spent time in a mental institution . Don't believe anything he says . He's cuckoo for cocoa puffs !

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm voting for Trump, because I'm not a moron.

"Brother Nathanael " is a deranged former orthodox Jew who is now dressing up as an orthodox priest and has become a self-hating Jew who is totally anti-israel and rabidly anti-semitic.
He has spent time in a mental institution . Don't believe anything he says . He's cuckoo for cocoa puffs !

He's a bit eccentric, I wouldn't call him 'deranged'. He exposes things that people like to throw under the rug for their own agenda. Like you :rolleyes: