Who Loves Jesus

genuineoriginal

"If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

Those who keep his commandments will receive the holy Spirit from the Father.

"And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Helper" (John 14:16)

It seems that there is a lot of power in keeping the commandments of God while having the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

Epoisses

"If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15)

Those who keep his commandments will receive the holy Spirit from the Father.

"And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Helper" (John 14:16)

John explained which commandments we are to keep in his writings and they were faith and love not the old Jewish law!

Epoisses

It seems that there is a lot of power in keeping the commandments of God while having the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

And Jesus said the new commandment is John 13:34,35

genuineoriginal

And Jesus said the new commandment is John 13:34,35

Yes, the new commandment is added to the rest of the commandments.
It does not replace any of them.
This is proven by what Paul says.

Romans 13:9
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.​

Paul is showing that the commandments are still in place and that the new commandment supersedes the older commandments in righteousness, since you cannot break the older commandments by obeying the new commandment.

What is the Father's definition of love?
It's not keeping the old commandments. That's about as far from love as you can get!
Are you offended by what the Bible clearly states?

1 John 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.​