Who and where are the lost sheep?

iamaberean

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus did not come for the Gentiles, but only for the lost sheep of Israel. Where were they at? The little bit of study I have done tells me that the tribes of Israel and the tribes of Judah, sometime in 700 BC, were taken out of the land of Israel and only a portion of the tribes of Judah came back to the land before Jesus came.

Beautiful story! More info here:

http://olivetjournal.com/the-lost-sheep-of-israel-identity/

beloved57

Iamb

Jesus did not come for the Gentiles, but only for the lost sheep of Israel.

I thought Jesus came to save the world ?

John 3:16-17

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

iamaberean

Iamb

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
He came only for his children, Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

He told his disciple to go only to the lost sheep of Israel.

God's world is wrapped around his people, and if you would read the article in my link, you would see how that benefits us.

It's a beautiful story!

beloved57

He came only for his children, Israel.

He told his disciple to go only to the lost sheep of Israel.

God's world is wrapped around his people, and if you would read the article in my link, you would see how that benefits us.

It's a beautiful story!

Jn 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

iamaberean

Jn 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The life of the world has primarily been offered to all through the 'lost sheep of Israel' and they haven't even known it was so. When Israel was scattered they migrated throughout the world. As they did they lost all memory of who they were and intermarried within every nation. I feel sure that the largest part of Christians today have some of the DNA of Israel. Soon Jesus will also reveal himself, as the Messiah, to those original children, who have continued to live under law.

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Ben Masada

Who and where are the lost sheep?

Psalm 78:67-70 - Who! They were the Ten Tribes of Israel aka Ephraim who got rejected by HaShem so that Judah remained as a People before the Lord forever as a lamp in Jerusalem for the sake of David. (I Kings 11:36) Where are they! Lost, first into Assyria when Israel fell to the Assyrians according to Amos 5:2 and later throughout the world. According to Josephus, about 10% of them escaped Assyria and returned to join Judah in the South. Most of the returnees were from the Tribe of Levi.

beloved57

The life of the world has primarily been offered to all through the 'lost sheep of Israel' and they haven't even known it was so. When Israel was scattered they migrated throughout the world. As they did they lost all memory of who they were and intermarried within every nation. I feel sure that the largest part of Christians today have some of the DNA of Israel. Soon Jesus will also reveal himself, as the Messiah, to those original children, who have continued to live under law.

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Jesus was sent and came to Save the World. Jn 3:17