When not if, then no crocodile tears, please.

Truster

I found this to be very revealing and as good an explanation of the result of the cult of leader worship and how it infects generations of people.

The Cleanest Race B.R. Myers takes an in-depth look at North Korean society and the domestic propaganda to which its citizens are exposed. Myers argues that North Korea is a paranoid, military-dominated nationalist state with a government that is influenced heavily by Japanese fascism. He spoke at the World Affairs Council of Northern California.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?292562-1/cleanest-race

nikolai_42

I found this to be very revealing and as good an explanation of the result of the cult of leader worship and how it infects generations of people.

The Cleanest Race B.R. Myers takes an in-depth look at North Korean society and the domestic propaganda to which its citizens are exposed. Myers argues that North Korea is a paranoid, military-dominated nationalist state with a government that is influenced heavily by Japanese fascism. He spoke at the World Affairs Council of Northern California.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?292562-1/cleanest-race

Fascinating talk - and very convincing. Myers makes the case that NK racial purity links them inextricably with Japan (and South Korea since they are the same people) and that they are misunderstood - being neither Fascist nor Marxist in their beliefs. Basically a traditionalist society that sees their fight as being with other (impure) societies. They are maintaining their morality in the face of globalist pressure.

What I'm not sure I understand, though, is that the Japanese pride themselves in being NOT Chinese. That racial divide separates them, but the NK's are very close (even if only economically) with China. And NK has threatened Japan very directly. I guess it's just confirmation that NK is just a Chinese puppet (?)

Truster

Fascinating talk - and very convincing. Myers makes the case that NK racial purity links them inextricably with Japan (and South Korea since they are the same people) and that they are misunderstood - being neither Fascist nor Marxist in their beliefs. Basically a traditionalist society that sees their fight as being with other (impure) societies. They are maintaining their morality in the face of globalist pressure.

What I'm not sure I understand, though, is that the Japanese pride themselves in being NOT Chinese. That racial divide separates them, but the NK's are very close (even if only economically) with China. And NK has threatened Japan very directly. I guess it's just confirmation that NK is just a Chinese puppet (?)

The hint is in the title "The Cleanest Race". They consider every other race as inferior. They are nobodies puppet.

Truster

This could be solved very quickly if the US surrender...

Borders and sovereign rights would be maintained by both sides. Maybe fix it for the Little Fatman to win American Idol...

Danoh

That reads much like an apt description of Trump's / Trump supporter's - Make America HATE Again.

nikolai_42

The hint is in the title "The Cleanest Race". They consider every other race as inferior. They are nobodies puppet.

If I understood him correctly, Myers was trying to distance their brand of racial superiority from that of the Nazi superman. Superior, yes - but not in terms of intellect or capacity. He called it a moral superiority. That sounds a lot like the Jewish dislike of the Samaritans. They wouldn't even go through Samaritan land because they hated them. So why would NK submit to China since the Chinese are not racial Koreans (like NK, SK and Japan are)? He even pointed out that they emulated the Chinese in many ways.

I guess I'm saying that what he said makes sense, but I am having trouble reconciling some of what he said with current affairs. Your take may be correct, but it doesn't seem to me to line up completely with what Myers was saying. Maybe I'm drawing conclusions incorrectly, but when he makes the distinction between NK and Fascism, NK and Marxism and even NK and Nazi racial superiority, he puts them in a different light than the West is inclined to think about them. Then again, maybe they bristle under the Chinese...