When a thread degenerates into ad hominums.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I find nothing Christian about interactions between members when a thread degenerates. It is best relegated to a dust bin.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I suppose if you intentionally create threads for the purpose of collecting dust, it is your right to delete them.

Sort of like when you throw away the microwave rather than cleaning it.

Then two days later you decide you need that microwave, but the garbage guy has already hauled it away.

So you buy a new microwave.

You may want to think about living on sardine and crackers. Of course then, you would probably throw away your trash can ... and buy another one two days later after accusing your neighbors of sneaking into your kitchen and filling it up with their trash.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I suppose if you intentionally create threads for the purpose of collecting dust, it is your right to delete them.

Then two days later you decide you need that microwave, but the garbage guy has already hauled it away.

You may want to think about living on sardine and crackers. Of course then, you would probably throw away your trash can ... and buy another one two days later after accusing your neighbors of sneaking into your kitchen and filling it up with their trash.
My neighbors couldn't make it past the dog.

glorydaz

Ah, the life of disposables....some people can't live any other way. :chuckle:

MarkA

if you mean ad hominem I agree,

it's not always the best way to proceed in Love for one another,

tho at rare times it can be necessary, for example if we lie about something the kindest thing a person could do for us is make us aware of that error.

this generally is called a "liar" tho there are ways to tell people about a misgivings without calling them a liar, not everyone is as skilled at revealing error without accusation or name calling as others.

this is where scripture comes in, IMHO, it can often say correctly what we would fail to do in Love.

then we pray it is received in the Spirit in which it is given. :)

MarkA

OK so I can't spel.

spell check works in the posting field but not in the rep field!

beware!

of course it helps if you are starting out with something resembling the right word in the first place.....

your for "you're" get's missed every time! :shocked:

UR as an acronym can work! :)

kids don't text and drive.....

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
kids don't text and drive.....
Reminds me one of my favorite church signs.
IMG_0088.jpg

MarkA

and that reminds me of another sign I recently read,

8:00pm Pork Dinner at St. Paul's Church.

Poor Paul should be rolling over in his grave,,,

but I digress.....:)

lovemeorhateme

You are most welcome Gros. I was returning a few for those you sent my way. Is there a problem with that?

Eeset said:
1. I will never send someone a negative rep.
2. I will never report anyone without first sending them a pm expressing what I thought they said and why it bothered me. And I will wait for a reply for at least half a day.
3. Even if I am not happy with the response I will still not report another person.
4. I will never look down upon someone. This may sound strange but I believe there is something in every person that is worthy of praise and I find it better to look up than down.
:D

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
LMOHM if you have a problem with me changing my mind or my reactions to others then perhaps I should focus the same lens on you. Maybe you have not really found a different perspective. Maybe I should hold you to what you believed when you first came to TOL. That would be fair would it not?