What this election is about

Interplanner

Accomplishment, not entitlement, generates contentment. Entitlement makes people angry. Anger is rising. It will continue if the entitlement party is in.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Accomplishment, not entitlement, generates contentment. Entitlement makes people angry. Anger is rising. It will continue if the entitlement party is in.

So what exactly did Donald Trump "accomplish" when he filed for bankruptcy 4 times? I know, I know, per US laws he was "entitled" to do so but that still doesn't mean that he's an accomplished businessman.

Interplanner

So what exactly did Donald Trump "accomplish" when he filed for bankruptcy 4 times? I know, I know, per US laws he was "entitled" to do so but that still doesn't mean that he's an accomplished businessman.

Fair point, but I'm not referring to the individual nominee vs the other. I'm referring to policies like Hilary taking in every immigrant she can find and promising college to all. These do not make strong people, but insatiably unhappies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fair point, but I'm not referring to the individual nominee vs the other. I'm referring to policies like Hilary taking in every immigrant she can find and promising college to all. These do not make strong people, but insatiably unhappies.

"Changes" should be Donald Trump's motto:

He "changes" his wives somewhat frequently;

He "changes" political parties somewhat frequently;

He "changes" his mind on various political issues.

These people that continuously change their mind,"these do not make strong (nor trustworthy) people...".

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
We learn more from our failures than our accomplishments. He failed 4 times yet was able to fund his run for president.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's about the end of this country or a new beginning.

A third party vote is a vote for Hillary and the end of our founding constitution, and the rule of law.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's about the end of this country or a new beginning.

A third party vote is a vote for Hillary and the end of our founding constitution, and the rule of law.

I just don't remember that attitude by supposed 'conservative' TOL'ers when McCain and Romney were running against Obama.

I can't get any Trump supports to admit that they voted for McCain and Romney.

Did you, or is this a different kind of election?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I just don't remember that attitude by supposed 'conservative' TOL'ers when McCain and Romney were running against Obama.

I can't get any Trump supports to admit that they voted for McCain and Romney.

Did you, or is this a different kind of election?

I've always voted for the lesser of two evils.

Yes, I voted for McCain and Romney.

I used to associate with some John Birchers in the 90's. They were so against everybody, that they wouldn't vote for anybody.

Other folks I've known have said, "I'll never vote pragmatically ever again." I believe that is all we ever do, if we vote at all.

The only way one could cast a vote which was not a vote for the lesser of two evils would be if the Lord Jesus Christ was running for office. In the meantime, we must vote as best we can to hold the line.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Thanks for acknowledging that both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are "evil".

So basically it's business as usual for you.

I used to associate with some John Birchers in the 90's. They were so against everybody, that they wouldn't vote for anybody.

Other folks I've known have said, "I'll never vote pragmatically ever again." I believe that is all we ever do, if we vote at all.

This was supposed to be the year of change, but it's the same ole same ole, only this time we got a democrat running on the Republican ticket, instead of a RINO Republican.

The only way one could cast a vote which was not a vote for the lesser of two evils would be if the Lord Jesus Christ was running for office. In the meantime, we must vote as best we can to hold the line.

God sets the standard for civil government and nowhere does He say that we should vote for evil (or the lesser of two for that matter).

There are plenty of good God-fearing people out there that are in political office, you don't have to settle for evil. If you do, you're selling out our country, and even worse, God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for acknowledging that both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are "evil".

So basically it's business as usual for you.

This was supposed to be the year of change, but it's the same ole same ole, only this time we got a democrat running on the Republican ticket, instead of a RINO Republican.

God sets the standard for civil government and nowhere does He say that we should vote for evil (or the lesser of two for that matter).

There are plenty of good God-fearing people out there that are in political office, you don't have to settle for evil. If you do, you're selling out our country, and even worse, God.

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD."

You're as idealistic as the extreme leftists.

I was informed by Alan Keyes when he moved to Illinois to run against 'The Bummer' for Senate. He said that Obama was the most dangerous man in the country, so when Obama ran for President, I already knew who he was and I did what I could do, however slight, to oppose him.

Go ahead, cast your vote for Hilary and the downfall of this nation. :down:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD."

Let me finish that for you: Until we repent and receive God's forgiveness. Have I mentioned that Donald Trump in a somewhat recent interview said that he's never asked for God's forgiveness?

You're as idealistic as the extreme leftists.

This is supposed to be the year of change in the Republican Party, I'm holding out for conservative change, not a democrat.

BTW, your issue is with God and His rules for the civil magistrate, not with me.

I was informed by Alan Keyes when he moved to Illinois to run against 'The Bummer' for Senate. He said that Obama was the most dangerous man in the country, so when Obama ran for President, I already knew who he was and I did what I could do, however slight, to oppose him.

I reluctantly voted for McCain and Romney, knowing how downright evil Obama is and the changes he would make (redefining the institution of marriage, allowing sodomites into the military, government health care, etc. etc.

BTW, Donald Trump won't be rescinding any of those policies.

Go ahead, cast your vote for Hilary and the downfall of this nation. :down:

I won't be voting for either of the two evils (remember, you acknowledged that Donald Trump is evil in your earlier post), I'll be voting for a God-fearing man who runs on a political party ticket that espouses the same values as I do:

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Notice how I haven't called my candidate Darrell Castle "evil", i.e. I can live with my vote, but how can you live with yours knowing how truly evil that filthy orange haired pro abortion, pro homosexual, accused child molester Donald Trump really is?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:BRAVO:

ClimateSanity

Steko said this of ACW.....You're as idealistic as the extreme leftists.

Idealism implemented leads to Venezuela.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
pragmatically

Pragmatically, as in practical.
As in, not voting based on a candidate's moot and unrelated past actions or opinions- but their ability in office.

'Anti-Trump' people aren't voting pragmatically, they want a president who has an appearance which fits their bias, and make up things as they go along to conceal that the fact.
In a big way, Trump brought out the judgemental for all to see just like he brought out the deranged far leftists :rolleyes:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
As in, not voting based on a candidate's moot and unrelated past actions or opinions- but their ability in office.

You think the Trumpeter has the "ability" to be President?
How has he shown that? He is a bigoted moron. He made his $ starting with Daddy's cash, then squeezing every last dime out of his businesses for himself and hurting his employees in the process. He complains, for example, that Ted Cruz won't support him despite his pledge, but he talks of reneging on international agreements---must be his specific Art of the Deal.
His wife's speech was taken in part from Michelle Obama's speech--and we get "No, no, no, it was not", then "Oh, wait, yes it was".
His ghost writer for Art of the Deal says he is an awful human being, we get "No, no, no, I wrote that book myself." then, "I made him a lot of $ and now he is disloyal", but why is that an issue if he did not ghost write the book. And now the word is the Trump organization wants the guys royalties back---again, how can he have earned royalties if he was not involved in the project.
He plays to the lowest common denominator in the human psyche---fear of The Other. He is no different than an Islamist terrorist, except that they use religion to get power, he uses $ to get power, sex (he wants those virgins without having to kill himself), and to demand loyalty from people. Perhaps the only thing he values more than $ is having his narcissistic ego fed.
He has limited knowledge of the Constitution, international affairs (well he does like Vlad Putin), he gets his information on military issues from watching talk shows, by his own admission he does not read---no time.
At his base, I think he is also filled with fear, fear that he will be found out as a fraud. A fraud in business and a fraud as a person. He has enough $ to bluster he way through. But bluster does not make a President.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You think the Trumpeter has the "ability" to be President?

Yes.

How has he shown that?

In every way.

He is a bigoted moron.

And so, you don't vote 'pragmatically' :rotfl:

His wife's speech was taken in part from Michelle Obama's speech--and we get "No, no, no, it was not", then "Oh, wait, yes it was".

You think they write their speeches? And why would they copy, knowing it would be seen- especially the way you all have scrutinized Trump to death over every little godforsaken thing.
Seriously- and the slandering just bounced right back in your faces. All of the liberal shenanigans. The political correctness, claims of racism, sexism, etc.

It's called a long awaited retribution and I'm glad for it. Trump is where he is because people got tired of you all's nonsense :wave:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You think they write their speeches? And why would they copy, knowing it would be seen- especially the way you all have scrutinized Trump to death over every little godforsaken thing.
Seriously- and the slandering just bounced right back in your faces. All of the liberal shenanigans. The political correctness, claims of racism, sexism, etc.

The woman who wrote the speech admitted that she took language from Michelle Obama's speech because Mrs. Trump admired Mrs. Obama.

Imagine "admired". Lets not get that information out to the right wing base.