ECT What the new birth is by diagram

Cross Reference

The contrast

Unregenerate man:

Throne of God > < > < Holy Spirit >>> *IIII <<< Spirit > < > < SOUL > < > < Body > < > < World.

Upon being “Born Again”; Born from above [not to be confused with simply believing for redemption:]

Throne of God > < > < Holy Spirit >>>< Spirit > < > < > < SOUL > < > < Body> < > < > World.

1. Man possesses a “Spirit” [Breath of Life by which man came to be a living "Soul".]
2. Man has a Body. [Formed out of dust]
The “SOUL” is man’s state of “Being” [mind, will, emotions] and in what part him his “Spirit” and “Body” are held together; communication takes place. In his un-regenerate state is he disconnected from God without remedy without “someone” from the outside entering into his state of “Being”.

Jesus was that “Someone” who, of Himself, presented to God the only way reconciliation could have ever be “consummated”. Redemption being the result that must be acted upon by man..

*IIII = Middle wall of partition. Its destruction by Jesus Christ.

"Power", Life, and "Grace" can be assumed in the arrows that point in both directions. By them I have meant to indicate to whom each belongs: "Purple" is assumed to be life by the Holy Spirt while "black" being vanity/futility unto death.

Last edited:

Krsto

Jesus is the light that lights every man that comes into the world. Also, Jesus said if we lift him up (on the cross) he would draw all men to himself (and by implication, to God). This drawing happens "from above", so to speak. I believe any human on earth that responds to this drawing in a positive manner, is being born from above (and thus born again), and per Jesus' teaching on the Spirit being like the wind we really can't nail down just how he does this or with whom he has done it. In my mind a preacher of peace like Gandhi is responding to the Spirit of Christ and is born again, regardless of his own personal religious understanding about God. Same for peace-loving Muslims and atheists. Jesus never said that the person being drawn to God and responding positively to him knows in his brain what's going on. To make everything dependent on knowledge, especially one's eternal state after death, to me smacks of the Gnosticism Jesus tried to free us from.

Cross Reference

By implication is the Soul connected to the world by the body/Flesh of man. Likewise, the "spirit" by implication was intended by God from the beginning, to affect the world and through the soul of man as the way by which it would be accomplished. Man's fall produced the disconnect between God and the soul of man by putting to death the purposed intent of his own spirit which condemned the world to sin and death.

Said of the disciples on the day of Pentecost that were: "Constantly praising God and being in favor and goodwill with all the people; and the Lord kept adding [to their number] daily those who were being saved [from spiritual death]". Acts 2:47 (AMP)

Now when we read passages as this: “Therefore [the righteous ("soul")] being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:1-2 (KJV) It might give a better understanding for the reason for the wall of separation being broken down; a more beautifully significant reason. I.e., "Mercy and loving-kindness and truth have met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other." Psalm 85:10 (AMP)

Of the born again it will be said, "Truth shall spring up from the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yes, the Lord will give what is good, and our land [lives] will yield its increase. Righteousness shall go before Him and shall make His footsteps a way in which to walk." Psalm 85:11-13 (AMP)

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When HE was finished explaining, Nicodemus didn't seem to have further questions about it. Could it be that he understood?

He might have been embarrassed after his asking such a stupid question---

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Obviously those things were taught in the law.

lA

john w

Hall of Fame
Being "born again" applies only to the believing remnant of the nation Israel; it does not apply to the body of Christ.

I have thus officially shut down this thread-DOA. RIP. CLOSED. Chapter 11.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:7-8 NKJV)​

Where does the wind come from and where does it go?

john w

Hall of Fame
Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:7-8 NKJV)​

Where does the wind come from and where does it go?

Being "born again" applies only to the believing remnant of the nation Israel; it does not apply to the body of Christ.

I have thus officially re-shut down this thread-DOA. RIP. CLOSED. Chapter 11.

Cross Reference

So I trust you will be moving on. That's good. I am sure there will be sufficient folk who realise they don't know it all and if nothing else, hang out a while to see what develops and perhaps contribute to the OP. I hope so.

john w

Hall of Fame
So I trust you will be moving on.

The word "trust" is foreign to you.

And I dig that "Super Tramp" tune.

That's good.

Many say that I am good. Thanks!

I am sure there will be sufficient folk who realise they don't know it all and if nothing else, ..

I once thought that I did not know it all-but I was wrong.

hang out a while to see what develops and perhaps contribute to the OP. I hope so.

It's either that, or hangin' out at an "Amway" convention-it's a toss up.

I have thus officially re-re-shut down this thread-DOA. RIP. CLOSED. Chapter 11.

Cross Reference

I did my best in trying to make it simple and easy to understand for everyone. I am sorry you couldn't make the cut. Perhaps more pictures or colors is maybe what was needed?

john w

Hall of Fame
I did my best in trying to make it simple and easy to understand for everyone. I am sorry you couldn't make the cut. Perhaps more pictures or colors is maybe what was needed?

I understand. I use numbers, when I draw, in my art book. It's pretty groovy.

Attention, all TOL shoppers......Brain spill, in the Crosswits section....Need mop....
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
I have thus officially re-re-re-shut down this thread-DOA. RIP. CLOSED. Chapter 11.

QED.

That ought to clinch it.