What is religious preoccupation?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do you do if you are accused of being religiously preoccupied? Self-introspection and turn the other cheek?

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
What do you do if you are accused of being religiously preoccupied? Self-introspection and turn the other cheek?
Nobody ever accuses Catholics of that. There's no limit to how preoccupied you can be in Catholicism, and it's all legit. Just fyi.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nobody ever accuses Catholics of that. There's no limit to how preoccupied you can be in Catholicism, and it's all legit. Just fyi.
Interesting. Are you saying that it is because I am not a Catholic? I interact with more than Jews and Christians, but maybe this was the state or government interacting with me.

Idolater

Interesting. Are you saying that it is because I am not a Catholic?
Yes, it was just fyi. Catholics who desire religious preoccupation have many different options from which they can choose to pursue. Religious orders. Or, for single men, you could also of course pursue ordination as a priest. If you're married or single, you could pursue the diaconate, become a deacon.
I interact with more than Jews and Christians, but maybe this was the state or government interacting with me.
OK. Do you know which?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it was just fyi. Catholics who desire religious preoccupation have many different options from which they can choose to pursue. Religious orders. Or, for single men, you could also of course pursue ordination as a priest. If you're married or single, you could pursue the diaconate, become a deacon.
OK. Do you know which?
I was detained. I do not understand it all. Someone detained me. I do not know who it was.

I am okay now. This was a while ago. I am still trying to understand it all.

Interesting about religious preoccupation being encouraged or provided for by the Catholic Church. I would not want to be a pagan priest, or a deacon contrary to scripture. I do see myself as a servant.

Idolater

I was detained. I do not understand it all. Someone detained me. I do not know who it was.

I am okay now. This was a while ago. I am still trying to understand it all.
How do you not know who detained you? Were you conscious? Were they disguising their identities, like with masks?
Interesting about religious preoccupation being encouraged or provided for by the Catholic Church.
I think that rather, what in other Christian or other religious traditions, is identified as religious preoccupation, is in Catholicism called being a member of a religious order. Some familiar ones you may have heard of, like the Jesuits, Dominicans, Franciscans, and Carmelites. There are many outlets in Catholicism for whatever it is that compels religious preoccupation in other traditions.
I would not want to be a pagan priest, or a deacon contrary to scripture.
Nobody's suggesting that you do those things.
I do see myself as a servant.
OK.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How do you not know who detained you? Were you conscious? Were they disguising their identities, like with masks?
I think that rather, what in other Christian or other religious traditions, is identified as religious preoccupation, is in Catholicism called being a member of a religious order. Some familiar ones you may have heard of, like the Jesuits, Dominicans, Franciscans, and Carmelites. There are many outlets in Catholicism for whatever it is that compels religious preoccupation in other traditions.
Nobody's suggesting that you do those things.
OK.
I mean that I do not know if it was the state or the government. The person I saw but she did not keep her word on meeting with me later.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned

>Idolator
>Catholic
>From Mass
>Ancestors probably killed a bunch of people
>Eats Irish food
>Can't help but question Catholicism in having natural rebellious qualities

Idolater

>Idolator
>Catholic
>From Mass
>Eats Irish food
What's this? :idunno:

Idolater

A major guess,
How accurate was I?
Let's see.
>Idolator
My cryptonym, check.
>Catholic
Nope. I'm Catholic in my theology. I have not been received into the Church.
>From Mass
It says so right under 'Idolater,' check.
Makes me a human, check.
>Eats Irish food
Who doesn't like taters? Check.
Looks like two thoughts. One, can't help but question Catholicism. Naturally. It's just that recently, there've been zero challenges that weren't deftly deflected and even turned right around on me, forcing me to become even more convinced in Catholicism as the authentic Christian tradition, the one built by Christ, and taught by the Apostles first, and then by bishops that the Apostles themselves created. So check on that one.

And then 'having natural rebellious qualities.' I can't truthfully confess that I'm not a rebel at heart, in my flesh anyway. But even my flesh accedes to Holy Catholicism. While not Catholic, I am, as I believe are all non-Catholics, 'Catholic on the way to full communion.' So check? Check.

By my count that's six out of seven, a .857 batting average.