What does this mean?

PureX

What does "and I can prove" mean?
Usually all it means is that someone has convinced themselves of something, and presume that everyone else must then be similarly convinced. Few realize that what stands as proof for them may well not stand as proof to someone else. Regardless how obvious and reasonable the proof may appear to be.

"Proof" is a subjective condition.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and then there's:
The etymology of “to prove dough”

prove
[NO OBJECT] (Of bread dough) become aerated by the action of yeast; rise.
Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove for about two hours in a warm area.

mNlR9.jpg

When making bread or any bread-like cakes, e.g; Chelsea buns and doughnuts (donuts), a good baker will prove the dough for one or more hours before placing the batch in the oven. Wikipedia tells me that the resting period is also referred to as proofing and blooming.

Etymonline gives the following details on prove

late 12c., pruven, proven "to try, test; evaluate; demonstrate," from Old French prover, pruver "show; convince; put to the test" (11c., Modern French prouver), from Latin probare "to make good; esteem, represent as good; make credible, show, demonstrate; test, inspect; judge by trial" (source also of Spanish probar, Italian probare), […]

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/279777/the-etymology-of-to-prove-dough

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Usually all it means is that someone has convinced themselves of something, and presume that everyone else must then be similarly convinced. Few realize that what stands as proof for them may well not stand as proof to someone else. Regardless how obvious and reasonable the proof may appear to be.

"Proof" is a subjective condition.
I don't know what to do with this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
and then there's:
The etymology of “to prove dough”

prove
[NO OBJECT] (Of bread dough) become aerated by the action of yeast; rise.
Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove for about two hours in a warm area.

mNlR9.jpg

When making bread or any bread-like cakes, e.g; Chelsea buns and doughnuts (donuts), a good baker will prove the dough for one or more hours before placing the batch in the oven. Wikipedia tells me that the resting period is also referred to as proofing and blooming.

Etymonline gives the following details on prove

late 12c., pruven, proven "to try, test; evaluate; demonstrate," from Old French prover, pruver "show; convince; put to the test" (11c., Modern French prouver), from Latin probare "to make good; esteem, represent as good; make credible, show, demonstrate; test, inspect; judge by trial" (source also of Spanish probar, Italian probare), […]

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/279777/the-etymology-of-to-prove-dough

I can see this but I don't know why people think of this this way.