what does Matt 7:13 and 14 really mean ?

DAN P

enter ye at the strait gate ; for wide is the gate , and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction , and many there be which go in there at .

verse 14 , reads , because is the , and narrow is the way , which leadeth unto life , and few there be that find it .

# 1 and what the strait gate , mean , since it says it is narrow ?

# 2 and what does the broad , represent ??

since I am on 2 other forums , many sill believe in keeping the old covenant !!

and there are many that are proponents of the new covenant and told me to leave .

and the other , after time , found out that they were proponents of water baptism .

so give your thought on these to verses , 13 and 14 ?

dan p

Bradley D

The spiritual life that leads to heaven is not easy. While the life of the flesh that leads to hell is huge and full of sin.

DAN P

The spiritual life that leads to heaven is not easy. While the life of the flesh that leads to hell is huge and full of sin.
the strait // stenos , is in the genitive case , and means description or limit as to kind

I believe that the strait gate is the Law of Moses and is strait and narrow , and is in the singular , meaning only one narrow gate .

and the wide // platys , is in the nominative case , meaning , specific designation .

gate // pyle , that is broad // eurychoros leads to destruction

and Israel . instead keeping the Law , killed their messiah and refused to believe in the resurrection and we see in Acts 28:25-

28 were set aside until Israel will be ( born again ) as written in Eze 36:25-38 is where the new covenant is written .

and Eze 37 explains how Israel is born again .

dan p