What Could Possibly Be Wrong With Observing Tradition Within Our Church?

iamaberean

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Jesus was pointing out, in the above, that the religious leaders were teaching traditions of man. Do you really think that this is not going on today?

'παράδοσις' is Greek word for 'tradition' and the numerical value of 'παράδοσις' is 666!

popsthebuilder

Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Jesus was pointing out, in the above, that the religious leaders were teaching traditions of man. Do you really think that this is not going on today?

'παράδοσις' is Greek word for 'tradition' and the numerical value of 'παράδοσις' is 666!
Not that I don't agree, really; but I was wondering how one comes to a numeric value for the Greek word.

Could you explain it to me? Please overlook my ignorance.

peace

iamaberean

What is the most wide spread tradition in the Church today?

It is that Jesus did not complete what he came to do and will have to return again. That is outrageous and demeaning to God.

What did Jesus have to say about this to those he stood in front of?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Traditionalist will ignore the fact that the above was fulfilled before all of his disciples died.

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
God cannot lie so we have to accept the fact that he did return or continue to believe tradition.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

iamaberean

SHOULD WE TITHE? OLD TESTAMENT TITHING ... Well, that's the way the children of Israel were to take care of the tribe of Levi. They got tithes because they were not allowed to own property.

We do not have any reason today to pay tithes to the tribe of Levi and the church hasn't any scripture saying we should tithe to them. Don't let the Pastor shame you into tithing, it is another false tradition of man.

iamaberean

At the last day God will rapture the Saints. How many times have you been taught this? First of all we live in an age without end!
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Jesus came unto his own. Children of Israel, and his own knew him not. He did not come for the Gentiles because he was Israel's Messiah.

Now let us look at the last days of the Old Testament, when all things written would be fulfilled. It has already happened, but let us look at what the prophecy teachers of today don't see.

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
At the end, the harvest comes and the tares are taken and burned. The wheat continues in the barn.
zizanion
dziz-an'-ee-on
Of uncertain origin; darnel or false grain: - tares.

False grain, it looks like wheat but it isn't.

Do we still have tares in the church?

iamaberean

Tradition says that Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same account of creation even though they don’t agree with one another. God is always right, man’s traditions go against God’s word.

Gen 1 points out that mankind was created on the sixth day.
Gen 2 points out that the man Adam was formed on the 8th day.

Gen 1 God instructs mankind to go and replenish the earth.
Gen 2 God places the man Adam in the garden.

Gen 1 states that mankind, male and female were created from dirt at the same time.
Gen 2 states that the man Adam was formed from dirt and then woman was formed from the rid of the man Adam.

Gen 1 God creates all the wild animals.
Gen 2 LORD God formed all the beast of the field, the domesticated animals.

In the bible, God and LORD God, can mean the same God but LORD God always speaks of God of the Covenant.
In Gen 1 God created mankind.
In Gen 2 LORD God formed the man Adam.

Gen 1 living soul is not mentioned.
Gen 2 the man call Adam was made a living soul.

When one does not take the word of God for what it says, it is:

Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition Mar 7:13