We have a spare $30 million to spend on a parade, but...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Now it appears that Trump is upset and maybe won't have his parade at all, if they won't let him have tanks.

A few more tens of millions of dollars would have been sufficient to repair the streets. But the cheapskates wouldn't let him have it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The White House estimates that we will spend as much as 30 million dollars for the parade president Trump has planned for himself.

However, the Pentagon has told him that he can't have any tanks or heavy vehicles in his parade. Too hard on the streets.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/10/donald-trump-military-parade-tanks-pentagon-memo
Foolish man, the parade is to honor the military, not Trump.
Your hatred of Trump blinds you to sound reasoning.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Foolish man, the parade is to honor the military, not Trump.

Sorry, that excuse won't fly.

maxresdefault.jpg

italian-fascist-dictator-benito-mussolini-at-a-march-past-of-athletes-picture-id496111502

Every would-be dictator loves to have troops parade before him for his ego.

Your unreasoning idolization of Trump blinds you to sound reasoning. Trump is in a snit because the military won't let him have tanks in his vanity parade. Destruction of streets is of no concern to him, when it comes to his large and delicate ego.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I have an idea. Why not have the reviewing stand filled with people who have received the Congressional Medal of honor, and ban politicians from any prominent place in the proceedings, unless they had honorably served in the military?

Then it truly would be for the troops.

Not much chance of that happening in this administration, is it?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're a moron, Barbarian.
As Commander and Chief, Trump should most definitely be at a military parade.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The very idea of spending so much on a parade (solely for the sake of vanity) is obscene.

The beauty salon trade is a 20 billion dollar industry to which just about every American woman contributes. Haircuts, blow-outs, manis and pedis... ....if you're like the average woman, your regular salon visits can cost you an average of about $1,800 per year! (And that only includes nails, haircuts, and blow-outs.)

So honoring the troops is obscene, but painting over your green scales is okay. What a jerk.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The beauty salon trade is a 20 billion dollar industry to which just about every American woman contributes. Haircuts, blow-outs, manis and pedis... ....if you're like the average woman, your regular salon visits can cost you an average of about $1,800 per year! (And that only includes nails, haircuts, and blow-outs.)

So honoring the troops is obscene, but painting over your green scales is okay. What a jerk.
Gettin' sleepy?

WizardofOz

:hammer:
That you don't see the difference between the two is troubling. How liberal of you to want to spend other people's money the way you see fit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cadet Bonespurs should be very quiet and inconspicuous when real patriots are being honored.
Bull.
I'm gonna be hootin and hollerin and wavin my flag!
And I was never in the military.

You are a piece of work for trying to make this honor all about one man, Trump.
You are way off the mark on this one.
It's been pathetic to watch you twist honoring out troops into your sick personal attack on Trump.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Bull.
I'm gonna be hootin and hollerin and wavin my flag!
And I was never in the military.

I was. At the same time a lot of people were paying doctors to write bone spur excuses, I went when I was called, even though I was in the middle of college at the time. So yes, I'm not fond of draft dodgers.

You are a piece of work for trying to make this honor all about one man, Trump.

As I said, if he'd put real patriots in that reviewing stand, decorated war heroes, keeping all politicians who failed to serve honorably out of that stand, I'd be all for it. It seems a moot point; he wanted tanks for his parade, and it won't happen, because of the damage it will do streets.

Fine with me if he keeps draft dodgers out of the stand and fills it with war heroes. Otherwise, it's just another vanity project.