We forgive you

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I like Gavin McInnes and the video, and he brings out good points

However, I was just speaking about eclecticism last night and how words and expressions creep into cultures and eventually become part of the culture.
'Namaste' is Hindu for 'The divine in me recognizes the divine in you'.
In the video, McInnis speaks from a Christian perspective but with the use of the 'open and upward pointed palms together with the bow and speaking the word 'Namaste', he is, I hope unconsciously which is bad enough, blending the Christian message of forgiveness with the Hindu 'everything is God'.

glorydaz

However, I was just speaking about eclecticism last night and how words and expressions creep into cultures and eventually become part of the culture.
In the video, McInnis speaks from a Christian perspective but with the use of the 'open and upward pointed palms together with the bow and speaking the word 'Namaste', he is, I hope unconsciously which is bad enough, blending the Christian message of forgiveness with the Hindu 'everything is God'.

Knowing Gavin, as I most certainly do not, I'd venture to say he's doing in unknowingly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Gavin is one of those types you have to listen to for awhile to catch some of his humor.

My take on the video was that he was mixing religion to represent all the world (all race, creeds, religions) to forgive the past because you go back far and wide enough we all have ancestors that oppressed others at one time.
Namaste is greeting known world wide (everybody's heard of it) and is associated with peace and serenity (letting all the bad karma in your past go bye bye).
So I thought it was a brilliant greeting to use in the video.
And if Let It Be by the Beatles had been playing the background, it would have been even better!
;)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gavin is one of those types you have to listen to for awhile to catch some of his humor.

My take on the video was that he was mixing religion to represent all the world (all race, creeds, religions) to forgive the past because you go back far and wide enough we all have ancestors that oppressed others at one time.
Namaste is greeting known world wide (everybody's heard of it) and is associated with peace and serenity (letting all the bad karma in your past go bye bye).
So I thought it was a brilliant greeting to use in the video.
And if Let It Be by the Beatles had been playing the background, it would have been even better!
;)

Reasonable.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reasonable.
Sometimes I am. hehe!

But I think I'm spot on with this one.

His skit was about world peace (can't we all just get along and let bygones be bygones).
And comes dressed in a Gandhi style guru garment.
A name that has become almost synonymous with world peace.

All the while he is really just making fun of today's leftists for screaming bloody murder about the past.

glorydaz

@glorydaz

Start with this one.
It will give you a good feel of how his humor runs.
Only 6 minutes long.

10 Things Wrong With Kids These Days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA6Fa-tOSzA

And this one will crack you up!
(especially around .54 - 1.06)
Dear Modern Women: Dogs are Not Your Children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxxJ67TOtmA

Language warning.

Gosh....I must take the time to watch these. And I will. But, I have to be in the mood, ya know?

Mornings work best for me (if I get up before noon that is). If I miss that window of opportunity, I'm behind the eight ball from the get go.

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a good day for laughing. :)

ps....love ya, Tam